-332FG-Hank_DG

End of September update speculation

Hey guys, just a friendly post wanting to know when you guys think/hope the update will launch. They said end of September. This could mean anywhere between the 23rd-27th or Monday the 30th.

33 minutes ago, -332FG-Hank_DG said:

Hey guys, just a friendly post wanting to know when you guys think/hope the update will launch. They said end of September. This could mean anywhere between the 23rd-27th or Monday the 30th.

Yep you said it right there. The end of September.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Danziger said:

Yep you said it right there. The end of September.

Damn..... why didn't I think of that?

1 hour ago, -332FG-Hank_DG said:

...This could mean anywhere between the 23rd-27th or Monday the 30th.

It could. On the other hand, this being software, it could be anywhere between tomorrow (unlikely) and who knows when. The thing with games development (or any complex software development really) is that you never really know how long something is going to take until you have done it. I'd take 'end of September' as an estimate, rather than a firm date, and that way if it doesn't release until mid-October, you won't be so disappointed.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, AndyJWest said:

It could. On the other hand, this being software, it could be anywhere between tomorrow (unlikely) and who knows when. The thing with games development (or any complex software development really) is that you never really know how long something is going to take until you have done it. I'd take 'end of September' as an estimate, rather than a firm date, and that way if it doesn't release until mid-October, you won't be so disappointed.

Good point

Nobody will tell you an exact date.....not the Devs and not Jason.

It is a bit like waiting for Christmas to come, a child who is waiting for all those nice presents.

I will not speculate for any date, but I am looking forward very much to the next big update.....all those nice warbirds and the BOBP map, can´t wait!

I love the imagination to fly above my hometown of Frankfurt in VR with my Reverb sitting in a virtual P-51 or Tempest.

Edited by spitfirejoe
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, -332FG-Hank_DG said:

Me thinks the rely on the good old term "release when ready". Maybe this tuesday or later.

We've had several Tuesday patches befor, so the 24th is a contender. 
Otherwise I would say 23rd or 30th just to give a full week to react to any possible issues. If it is ready to be release of course..

3 hours ago, spitfirejoe said:

Nobody will tell you an exact date.....not the Devs and not Jason.

I will. It’s almost certainly going to be released on Friday, September 27th at 6:00 pm Moscow time. Then it’s time for a long weekend off before moving on to the next set of tasks on Tuesday.

Well... maybe not, but it’s titled “Speculation thread”. 

2 minutes ago, Jaegermeister said:

I will. It’s almost certainly going to be released on Friday, September 27th at 6:00 pm Moscow time. Then it’s time for a long weekend off before moving on to the next set of tasks on Tuesday.

yes of course it is a speculation thread…..and you do speculate aswell. I personally just don´t see any sense in speculations……...because they just produce too much high expactations and later if not fulfilled dissapointed customers. So senseless in my opinion.

If the Devs would tell us an exact date I would be happy.....if not, then I just wait till the release comes, whenever that will be. As simple as that.

5 minutes ago, Jaegermeister said:

no way they would relise update on friday, what if things go wrong, who wonts to stay at work longer on friday or even fix things on saturday as you cant have 3 days ppl complaining how they cant play game untill monday work day. So it will probably be like other updates early in week so team can fix things if they dont work ok in update.

My guess 24th or 30th.

Edited by 77.CountZero
  • Upvote 2

I’m saying 30th. Maximum time to work out kinks while still hitting the General deadline.

23 minutes ago, -LUCKY-ThanksSkeletor said:

Is that the date when TF 5.0 goes into early alpha testing?

That's the date that they will announce they have more work to do

• Upvote 4

Hating on clod and tf, so trendy. Hope that gives you self-esteem boost.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, 77.CountZero said:

no way they would relise update on friday, what if things go wrong, who wonts to stay at work longer on friday or even fix things on saturday as you cant have 3 days ppl complaining how they cant play game untill monday work day. So it will probably be like other updates early in week so team can fix things if they dont work ok in update.

My guess 24th or 30th.

Your right I guess. Silly online gamers have to be taken care of too. 🙄

1 hour ago, RedKestrel said:

I’m saying 30th. Maximum time to work out kinks while still hitting the General deadline.

Not a deadline, just an educated guess/estimate.

Edited by Jaegermeister

1 hour ago, InProgress said:

Not hating, just a little fun. Clod is a great game and I really hope for the best, and I think everyone here understands the lengthy dev time being theres only a few of them that are working on it for free. 

7 hours ago, -332FG-Hank_DG said:

Not hating, just a little fun. Clod is a great game and I really hope for the best, and I think everyone here understands the lengthy dev time being theres only a few of them that are working on it for free. 

Clod version five Tobruk,  will be a paid add on and any new customers for the Blitz edition will have to pay as well, so they do get monetary remuneration for their work.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/754530/IL2_Sturmovik_Cliffs_of_Dover_Blitz_Edition/

Edited by bzc3lk

57 minutes ago, bzc3lk said:

Clod version five Tobruk,  will be a paid add on and any new customers for the Blitz edition will have to pay as well, so they do get monetary remuneration for their work.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/754530/IL2_Sturmovik_Cliffs_of_Dover_Blitz_Edition/

Yes but if I'm not mistaken, they aren't being paid at the moment while developing it. Many developers get paid to work. Let's get back on topic though lol. 

Edited by -332FG-Hank_DG

Yes but if I'm not mistaken, they aren't being paid at the moment while developing it. Many developers get paid to work. Let's get back on topic though lol. 

For every blitz edition that is sold they are getting remunerated, the money is not being placed in a "kitty" for a rainy day.

• Confused 1

I do have a firm expectation that we will get the planes by the end of September. I don't care if that expectation leads to disapointment, I am prepared for that. In one of the dev diaries, end of September was mentioned as a deadline. I think we can have reasonable expectations regarding this. Regardless, we will have it soon, and any disapointment resulting from a late arrival will evaporate quickly

Edited by Tasmanaut

What will we be expecting in this months update anyhow?   Just new planes or features as well?  Can’t remember...

Sounds like a very big update and they are working with new volunteer testers too.  I would guess the second half of October at least.

I saw a video of one of the dev team, Danil Tuseev, talking about the projects they are working on. In that they said the P-51 and 38 will be out in September along with the update to G-effects and the increase to render range, which is sounding very good indeed, and the map for Botenplate. They also said that the career should be done in October along with the Tempest. Though I suspect this may be subject to change were something to come up.

1 hour ago, spartan85 said:

What will we be expecting in this months update anyhow?   Just new planes or features as well?  Can’t remember...

3 new planes, pilot physiology and visibillity increase beyond the 10km bubble.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sevenless said:

3 new planes, pilot physiology and visibillity increase beyond the 10km bubble.

And a bloody huge map!

If there is a delay. There are a reason for it. We will have a idea when bobp is fully available for the testers. If that take time the patch is not helpful for us anyway. 

This community attack simplest of fails, devs want to avoid that

Today, while I'm at work.

So I can come home and there it is. :drinks:

6 hours ago, /SF/Disarray said:

I saw a video of one of the dev team, Danil Tuseev, talking about the projects they are working on. In that they said the P-51 and 38 will be out in September along with the update to G-effects and the increase to render range, which is sounding very good indeed, and the map for Botenplate. They also said that the career should be done in October along with the Tempest. Though I suspect this may be subject to change were something to come up.

Can you link the video?

Can you link the video?

I think /SF/Disarry is refering to this post and video.

You make a joke:

22 hours ago, InProgress said:

9th September... 2020 ;)

Exact same joke countered with good humor:

22 hours ago, -LUCKY-ThanksSkeletor said:

Is that the date when TF 5.0 goes into early alpha testing?

Boy that sure hit you where it hurt.

22 hours ago, InProgress said:

Sigmund Freud called. He wants to know why you brought up self-esteem lol.

I will bet a Hurricane that the update arrives Oct 1st.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, /SF/Disarray said:

They also said that the career should be done in October along with the Tempest.

I have my hopes high that this means not only careers for the newer planes, but advancements in all careers, like a few more mission types.

1 hour ago, Uufflakke said:

I think /SF/Disarry is refering to this post and video.

Probably, yes, I haven't been following that thread very carefully and came across this video on the Steam forums. I was supersized that some of the things in that video haven't got more attention. The information about the render range especially. According to this, under the right conditions planes may be visible from up to 100 Km; granted those conditions are clear skies, the sun not being in the way and the plane in question being on fire but still. That seems like a bigger change than some of the other stuff people have been going on and on about. Even from just a technical standpoint.

@danielprates Nothing was mentioned about new mission types or any details about the career, other than it coming in October. Not in that video anyway. For whatever reason it cuts off after the prepared remarks but he seems to be preparing to take questions as it cuts.

3 hours ago, BraveSirRobin said:

I’m traveling in 2nd week of October.  So update will be 2nd week of October.

Of course same here.  2nd week of October it is:popcorm:.

4 hours ago, /SF/Disarray said:

@danielprates Nothing was mentioned about new mission types or any details about the career, other than it coming in October

I know. Can't I coment on my wishes tho?