Sign in to follow this  
ATAG_Pattle

TFS 5.0 Bf 109 E-7 Trop WIP

Hi All,

Hope you enjoy the great work going into these aircraft and the map.

Cheers,

Pattle 

d041 z.jpg

d021 z.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

My favorite BF109 :) Will there be version with better armor? or only standard one?

@Pattle; there's more footfall through this forum than anywhere else these days.  If you've got more images to show of whats happening with Cliffs and TFS don't be shy; put 'em up here too:salute:

Click image for larger version.   Name: d034 z.jpg  Views: 59  Size: 948.6 KB  ID: 40643

Click image for larger version.   Name: d021 z.jpg  Views: 55  Size: 582.1 KB  ID: 40644

Click image for larger version.   Name: d023 z.jpg  Views: 69  Size: 556.2 KB  ID: 40645

Click image for larger version.   Name: d019 z.jpg  Views: 55  Size: 507.6 KB  ID: 40646

Click image for larger version.   Name: d031 z.jpg  Views: 55  Size: 702.8 KB  ID: 40647

Click image for larger version.   Name: d037 z.jpg  Views: 55  Size: 332.2 KB  ID: 40648

Click image for larger version.   Name: d032 z.jpg  Views: 53  Size: 619.4 KB  ID: 40649

Click image for larger version.   Name: d039 z.jpg  Views: 63  Size: 315.2 KB  ID: 40650

A few more.....

Click image for larger version.   Name: d020 z.jpg  Views: 15  Size: 956.5 KB  ID: 40672Click image for larger version.   Name: d022 z.jpg  Views: 13  Size: 553.2 KB  ID: 40673Click image for larger version.   Name: d024 z.jpg  Views: 10  Size: 322.9 KB  ID: 40674Click image for larger version.   Name: d025 z.jpg  Views: 12  Size: 450.6 KB  ID: 40675

Click image for larger version.   Name: d026 z.jpg  Views: 12  Size: 458.5 KB  ID: 40676Click image for larger version.   Name: d027 z.jpg  Views: 10  Size: 513.1 KB  ID: 40677Click image for larger version.   Name: d028 z.jpg  Views: 8  Size: 379.4 KB  ID: 40678Click image for larger version.   Name: d029 z.jpg  Views: 8  Size: 321.7 KB  ID: 40679

Click image for larger version.   Name: d030 z.jpg  Views: 9  Size: 315.6 KB  ID: 40680Click image for larger version.   Name: d033 z.jpg  Views: 8  Size: 333.0 KB  ID: 40681Click image for larger version.   Name: d035 z.jpg  Views: 6  Size: 331.9 KB  ID: 40682Click image for larger version.   Name: d036 z.jpg  Views: 8  Size: 310.8 KB  ID: 40683

Click image for larger version.   Name: d040 z.jpg  Views: 9  Size: 942.6 KB  ID: 40685

Map and Spiritus' Martlet looks great!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Especially when you're banned from ATAG. 🤤

Pictures look great, I think for the first time (in a long time, at least), I am tickled by what TF are showing.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5.0 looks visually like it's really making strides.  It's starting to look like the overall project is finally coalescing into what TF had envisioned.  Bring on the VR! (I know, premature).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, InProgress said:

Will there be version with better armor?

What do you mean?
In the images you can see how the steel sheet is behind the head ...

I hope it can be removed !!

Here we know it as "chapon"

1 hour ago, E69_pienoir said:

What do you mean?

Some of E7 had additional armor. Not for the pilot but for certain parts of the plane.

That would be a ground attack or "Jabo" version, I have no idea if there were any there.

Anyway if it was part of the project it would be on the aircraft list but I believe it's not there.

Having it as a fighter plane is good enough for me tho.

1 hour ago, E69_pienoir said:

What do you mean?

Not sure if it is still planned, but the steel plate (when I was in TFS) was going to be optional for the player. 

Hopefully one of the current members can clear it up? 

2 hours ago, =FEW=Hauggy said:

That would be a ground attack or "Jabo" version, I have no idea if there were any there.

Anyway if it was part of the project it would be on the aircraft list but I believe it's not there.

Having it as a fighter plane is good enough for me tho.

I don't think so. I have a book about E/F version. E7 it says there was normal fighter plane, fighter bomber version with 250kg bomb or 4x 50kg. And some of these planes had more  cockpit and radiator armor. But only some, does not say how many. There was only 438 E7 anyway.

if I'm not mistaken this is possible in the BOX with some planes
I don't remember now without the E7 you can do this.

Regarding the armor behind the head, I don't know what the pilots would think then, now we generally prefer to see the six

At the beginning of the war the 109 were so superior that they did not even contemplate the possibility of having an enemy at six, but in 1941-42 I suppose this changed and surely the pilots would not want to have that iron in the neck

As for the armor of the wings and the front glass of the cabin, I suppose it would be accepted as an option, but I have also read that the armored glass did not show the distances well

EDIT
as you well know in the box, it is considered as a last option and as a mediocre plane, although I also heard that it is the best of the 109 to enter circle with the enemy

Spoiler

attachment.php?attachmentid=40549&d=1567

With that in sight, who wants an E7?

Edited by E69_pienoir

26 minutes ago, E69_pienoir said:

if I'm not mistaken this is possible in the BOX with some planes
I don't remember now without the E7 you can do this.

Regarding the armor behind the head, I don't know what the pilots would think then, now we generally prefer to see the six

For example in clod you have E4 and E4 late. Late one has head armor while E4 does not. So could be same with E7. Some liked it some did not. I remember story of some german pilot who did not like it when they got this armor. But after a mission where he was shot and came back home just to see armor with bunch of bullets in it, he changed his mind.

All this 6 checking feels like MP thing for lone wolves only. In normal flying you are not alone so others can help you out. Also it's not that hard to check 6, just turn your plane a bit. And i think you are limited by seatbelts anyway. Afterall if enemy wants to be stealthy he can just approach from below. In my opinion better view with lack of armor is not worth it.

Edited by InProgress

5 hours ago, E69_pienoir said:

EDIT
as you well know in the box, it is considered as a last option and as a mediocre plane, although I also heard that it is the best of the 109 to enter circle with the enemy

EDIT:

Not everyone flies only the best stuff. MP games have limit of spawns for certain planes anyway so when everyone will waste F2, people will fly E7. I don't play MP much but if I remember correctly, E7 is often as Jabo variant. Anyway it's a good plane, it has the same engine as F2. F2 has better construction when it comes to aerodynamics so it's slightly faster.

I really liked flying spanish squadron of E7 in moscow career :) like I said before, there was only 438 made. So it's not something super popular. But keep in mind that before 109F were made, there was E. E7 will be added for channel map and it will be the best 109 before you can fly F. Having droptank on channel map can be a big deal, finally 109 will be able fly longer than few minutes when reaching coast of England.

• Like 1

Those early 109 E models were for me the best especially with that paint scheme, they have a certain look and character the later versions do not.:drinks:

The desert is certainly looking great from those images, excellent work from all involved.:cool:

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

10 hours ago, E69_pienoir said:

Me!!!!

• Upvote 1

On 9/8/2019 at 12:45 PM, E69_pienoir said:

ME!

Some people out there want exotic planes and a good challenge! This plane that you are showing would be the most boring in my book.