9./JG54_GERMANWOLF

Spitife undamaged

After being hit hard by my FW190 this Spitfire continued to fly normally, it would be impossible, I think the damage has to be analyzed more calmly. Follow the full video link on youtube

spit.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Could easily be a delayed hit not registered on the server, those are less frequent now but still happen. 

and still game shows hits

http://il2stat.aviaskins.com:8008/en/sortie/log/4741804/?tour=52

his engine was probably damaged when you hit him on first head on, same as yours after he hit you on 2nd head on

he could also say look i hit 190 on head on with hispanos and no damage is showing from him.

but when he have 190 trying to turn with him, why would he quit df, and go back with damaged engine when he can easy shoot it down and then rtb.

nothing strange damage model was bufed long time ago it takes planty bullets to eliminate fighters in one pass, but he was damaged you can clearly see from log.

Edited by 77.CountZero
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

BEAUTIFUL EXCUSE, HERE ALL IMPOSSIBLE HAS AN EXPLANATION ...

3 hours ago, 77.CountZero said:

and still game shows hits

http://il2stat.aviaskins.com:8008/en/sortie/log/4741804/?tour=52

his engine was probably damaged when you hit him on first head on, same as yours after he hit you on 2nd head on

he could also say look i hit 190 on head on with hispanos and no damage is showing from him.

but when he have 190 trying to turn with him, why would he quit df, and go back with damaged engine when he can easy shoot it down and then rtb.

nothing strange damage model was bufed long time ago it takes planty bullets to eliminate fighters in one pass, but he was damaged you can clearly see from log.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, 9./JG54_GERMANWOLF said:

I've been hit in a P-40 by a 190 in the same instance and it damaged my engine but showed no visible signs of damage. Just like CountZero said you probably damaged his engine, and low and slow obviously favors him in a spit compared to the 190 even with a damaged engine.

3 minutes ago, 9./JG54_GERMANWOLF said:

no need to scream, i explained you what normal person would not need explanation for as all is clear from your video and server stats, nothing strange :P

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

No need to get violent.

You got 2 explanations wich are easy.

Spark provoked by lag, plain as simple as that or something in netcode went wrong on that time, wich happens to all of us on some moment. 

On the stats it's clear. You got shots. Plane got damaged, and is not ultranecesary see the oil leak or water. 

BTW, that was not a hard hit. I only saw 3 hits at most. One in the engine wich was the worst one, and another in the wing. Probably if you were shoting on his 6, aiming quite well and not spamming shots randomly all over the place and placing 4, 5, or 6 shots from his 6 the spit should break almost in the moment.

On my experience Spit Mk V is not so tough, i shot down a couple of them by a single shot of 20mm using the G4 at high speeds, when they try to maneuver with a single blow the wing can't resist the damage and it breakes. Simple as that 

Edited by -332FG-Ursus_
  • Confused 1

Is this the point where we remind everyone that the team doesn't really hold claims of DM issues from MP missions in any high regard?

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, 9./JG54_GERMANWOLF said:

Grow up. Stop acting like a child.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 3

maybe it's ping, it's a hypothesis, but the shots would destroy Spit's helices

48 minutes ago, 6./ZG26_Gielow said:

What about ramming through an enemy plane and he only gets  2.9% of damage while my plane exploded to pieces??? :rofl:

https://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=84467&name=6./ZG26_Gielow

https://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=84462&name=SCG_CorZero

2019_9_16__2_36_57.thumb.jpg.822b4254cba40c780b843c1266356bad.jpg2019_9_16__2_59_15.thumb.jpg.a172e9d5d24eb31332bfe122b976735e.jpg2019_9_16__2_59_35.thumb.jpg.1b197e831214950fb95dc3015c6688a4.jpg

Hey German Wolf nada mudou desde 2016:

now everyone is quiet?

• Haha 1

Yeah, we're all tired of commenting on simple things that have been answered a hundred times before.

However, I wonder, what is a Spitife? The usual online packet loss?

2 hours ago, JtD said:

However, I wonder, what is a Spitife?

Spotify in Brazilian Portuguese?Just a wild guess...

Edited by Brano
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, 6./ZG26_Gielow said:

What about ramming through an enemy plane and he only gets  2.9% of damage while my plane exploded to pieces??? :rofl:

https://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=84467&name=6./ZG26_Gielow

https://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=84462&name=SCG_CorZero

2019_9_16__2_36_57.thumb.jpg.822b4254cba40c780b843c1266356bad.jpg2019_9_16__2_59_15.thumb.jpg.a172e9d5d24eb31332bfe122b976735e.jpg2019_9_16__2_59_35.thumb.jpg.1b197e831214950fb95dc3015c6688a4.jpg

Hey German Wolf nada mudou desde 2016:

That video is 3 years old... Planes exploding while one makes an escape is literally just down to netcode, not a whole lot to be done there, stop running into shit.

• Thanks 1

Then there's the fact that this was on the WoL server.   Nice shots go unrewarded, single machine gun bullets to the engine cause elevator controls to lock in the 'down' position,  single 110 tail gunner bullets explode like cannon shells and obliterate planes in 1 shot, etc. etc. on and on.  That place is about as clean as a Joy Division worker yet, everybody still goes there because of the total lack of moderation.  

Yes, there are things to blame on ping, then there's all the signs that indicate sooner or later you're going to end up with computer Ebola if you keep going there. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/7/2019 at 3:33 AM, LukeFF said:

Is this the point where we remind everyone that the team doesn't really hold claims of DM issues from MP missions in any high regard?

On a purely academic point...

If the damage model in multiplayer is (even occasionally) so inaccurate that the Devs don't think it is representative of the single player damage model, then that is a real issue all of it's own and not a problem that goes away by saying "this isn't in high regard".

That said, I don't see any issues with the damage model in OP's post.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, [DBS]Browning said:

On a purely academic point...

If the damage model in multiplayer is (even occasionally) so inaccurate that the Devs don't think it is representative of the single player damage model, then that is a real issue all of it's own and not a problem that goes away by saying "this isn't in high regard".

That said, I don't see any issues with the damage model in OP's post.

I think the issue is not the damage model per se, but that the net code, vastly differing ping between players, etc. makes using MP footage to identify problems with the DM difficult. There's a lot of other factors involved so you can't isolate the DM issue.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, RedKestrel said:

I think the issue is not the damage model per se, but that the net code, vastly differing ping between players, etc. makes using MP footage to identify problems with the DM difficult. There's a lot of other factors involved so you can't isolate the DM issue.

Absolutely, but that's still a problem with how damage works, albeit a problem caused by the net code, rather than the damage code it's self.

It's not entirely an inevitable consequence of, nor an inherent limitation of multiplayer gaming either, however I do understand that it may be something far harder to fix and the compromises required to fix it may be worse than the problem it's self.

My point is simply that saying that something is a problem that is not a result of the damage code because it occurred online may be true, but is not a way of dismissing the problem altogether. It's still a legitimate problem.

Edited by [DBS]Browning
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, [DBS]Browning said:

Absolutely, but that's still a problem with how damage works, albeit a problem caused by the net code, rather than the damage code it's self.

It's not entirely an inevitable consequence of, nor an inherent limitation of multiplayer gaming either, however I do understand that it may be something far harder to fix and the compromises required to fix it may be worse than the problem it's self.

My point is simply that saying that something is a problem that is not a result of the damage code because it occurred online may be true, but is not a way of dismissing the problem altogether. It's still a legitimate problem.

True. But as Luke said, online MP damage problems aren't used to diagnose/solve general DM problems, because it can't be consistently tracked back to the DM. Its a legitimate problem but points to issues with the netcode interacting with the DM (with wacky ping differentials thrown into the mix), not with the DM itself. 

Its like if you have a terrible headache but only when someone kicks you repeatedly in the balls. Ain't nobody taking you for a head MRI, you gotta go out and buy a jock strap.

• Upvote 2