TempestV

Kuban Map-loading objects takes long

Okay I have made single player missions in Rise of Flight and on the Stalingrad map in Il2 BoS. So the editor I am familiar with.

But Kuban though is the biggest map I have edited. The Kuban map while gorgeous-seems to take forever to load objects when I put a new object on the map (like a windsock or vehicle) or a pre-made group. I know Kuban map is big (My mission folder is 5 Megs). Putting runways and objects initially took awhile; as I expected. But adding an item afterward the editor cycles all through the objects again.

Am I missing a step to speed up adding an object/group... etc?

I have an HP590/AMD Processor with 12 gigs of RAM and have no problem running Il2 or editing other maps.

Flying over in my mission or commercial scripted mission I have no hiccups or stutters.

Edited by TempestV

Try using groups: if you group some objects together, then open/activate (set as working) the group. Now, if you add stuff inside this group you’ll find it doesn’t cycle through all the stuff outside the group.

• Upvote 1

Thanks. Gonna try that.

SYN_Vander that did the trick !👍 Thanks. Been editing the missions so long forgot how to do it from scratch.

Another trick is to fully minimize the object hierarchy (usually left-hand window pane). Then when you paste something, it doesn't cycle. I think it's just an update of the tree control that is somehow really slow.

• Upvote 1

On 9/7/2019 at 6:56 PM, Alonzo said:

Another trick is to fully minimize the object hierarchy (usually left-hand window pane). Then when you paste something, it doesn't cycle. I think it's just an update of the tree control that is somehow really slow.

Great tip! Many thanks!

On 9/6/2019 at 9:32 AM, SYN_Vander said:

Try using groups: if you group some objects together, then open/activate (set as working) the group. Now, if you add stuff inside this group you’ll find it doesn’t cycle through all the stuff outside the group.

Same here! :good:

Using group is the best advice we can give you.

As soon you have place 2 objects, create a group and work inside it.

Take that reflexe because if you have a look on Bodenplatte map, you can see many more town than on kuban map, so it would take more time. 😉