Nake350

Xbox controller recognised by mapping but not working. SOLVED

As the title says.

I'm not sure if this is a bug my end or just not supported by the game?

The mapping screen recognises button clicks and axis movement, but doesn't respond in game. Also axis not showing movement in curve setting window.

I have tried different settings in Steam (as suggested in other threads) and the controller works in all other games, joytokey etc

Would be ideal to use when traveling if it would work.

Edited by Nake350

I dont know about xbox one, but logitech f310 and f710 works fine ( used it in il-2 1946, rof, clod, bos, WT, and dcs with no problems ).

If you can you can get that one, and yes its mutch easyer to just pack gamepad and laptop when travel a lot, and wont to play this game still.

Spoiler

j0i3yt.jpg

quick search and i see Wanganui_Wildcat is using xbox controller

Spoiler

maybe ask him on chat or pm on this forum how he make it work

You have to test and play a lot with sensitivity curves for elevator, alerons and rudder to get it to what you like, and i always run calibration when i restart pc or laptop as that is almost neccesary to have smoth movments ( practice from playing fifa and pes :) ), i guess if he skip thouse steps or didnt get cerves good hes having this big "jerky" problems.

Edited by 77.CountZero
  • Thanks 1

Thanks and good idea to contact Wildcat.. 

I just don't understand why the mapping screen will associate functions with the controller but does not act on them...very strange. 

Turns out the issue is caused by the number of devices in the controller text file. For some reason the Xbox controller was being added 16 on my laptop, but working on my desktop at number 7.

I deleted the laptops controller text file and the controller worked as expected as number 1 on the new list. 😀

Edited by Nake350