Sign in to follow this  
Marvel

Oculus rift S or HP reverb....this is the problem...

Hello guys, I wish to buy a headset for VR but I am undecided between Oculus rift S and HP reverb. I play mainly with IL-2GB but I have DCS and Cliffs of Dover also.

I read on the web several reviews about both headset but is hard to decide....

Based on your experience which of the two you would recommend?

Thanks for your help! Ciao!

Marco

Not a competition between rift s or reverb imo. Reverb all day everyday however reverb vs valve index is a different story. 

I myself who won’t be using the controllers (as reverbs controllers are pretty poor) and will be using it pretty much exclusively for seated sim use so wmr 6gof tracking will suffice fine. 

If the money is not an issue, I suggest the Reverb. The resolution is something to try out yourself to believe it. I can't imagine going back to my Odyssey +.

No experience with the Rift S though.

• Like 1

Hi guys, thanks for your impressions. Currently: Reverb 3 - Oculus 0

I will wait for other user impression also.

Many thanks! Ciao!

Marco

Maybe throw also the Index to the equation ;) and check Chilli's thread where he compares the Index and the Reverb.

Hi Apollon01, unfortunately Index is out of my budget....😩

I am really enjoying my Rift S using it daily. It works quite nicely for me. However I also to some extent play other Oculus titles as well.

Certainly not the best, but really they all have their weak spots also.

I will say the built in audio is crap, one of it's biggest weak points,  but it does have an audio jack. I use earbuds and the sound is great to me.

The Oculus software is fantastic and hardly any fuss or muss to get going. IL-2 performance in the Rift S is quite good.

You did not list your system specs, that could play a factor also in your decision.

Note I have not tried the Reverb as of yet.

Edited by dburne

28 minutes ago, dburne said:

You did not list your system specs, that could play a factor also in your decision.

You are right Dburne, this is my pc: https://www.pcassemblati.eu/pc-gaming-extreme-i9-9900k/1030-pc-assemblato-intel-i9-9900k-hdd-2tb-ssd-m2-500-ddr4-32gb-rtx2080-8gb.html

I think is right for VR. I bought it in mind for VR.

Ciao!

Marco

Edited by Marvel
  • Like 1

I've upgraded my riftS with Reverb.

I won't go back. Never.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Was a Rift owner, got the original Reverb, tried out the Rift S for awhile.  Let me say if this is your first VR headset then Rift S is great all around and easy to set-up.  The Reverb takes more patience and tinkering to get the better visuals, and a heavier cable to deal with.  In the end I stuck with the Reverb (updated version, with workarounds for the cable) because coming from the original Rift $600 was worth having the better clarity, while $400 for the Rift S was more than I was willing to pay for it's clarity (as much as it was better than the Rift)

Thanks for your opinion guys!! 😀

Can be said "the winner is: HP Reverb!"

Now I must find a reseller for this item. The Italian HP store said to me the headsets take about a month from the order receiving, at best....😒

Amazon could be reliable?

Ciao!

Marco

On 9/6/2019 at 4:52 PM, Marvel said:

Thanks for your opinion guys!! 😀

Can be said "the winner is: HP Reverb!"

Now I must find a reseller for this item. The Italian HP store said to me the headsets take about a month from the order receiving, at best....😒

Amazon could be reliable?

Ciao!

Marco

I just received mine a few days ago (I'm in Hungary) and a friend of mine just ordered one yesterday. You can buy a Reverb without waiting time from this shop: 

https://www.derekenwinkel.nl/hp-reverb-vr-headset.html

• Like 1

Thanks for info airsheep! I see on Amazon it cost about €545, while on Derekenwinkel at the end it cost about €670....

But I don't know how many time I could wait for it if I buy it on Amazon...

Ciao!

Marco

Here on HP Italy it seem to have a cheapest price:

hp reverb.JPG