Sign in to follow this  
greywulf

Controlling Pixel Density PD

DCS has an easily accessable PD slider does IL 2 Sturovik have anything like that? I can't seem to find it anywhere and some posts are older.

I am running a Oculus Rift S 1080Ti, i7, 32 gb mem.

No it does not, you need to use SS in the Oculus Software.

You can access it either via the Debug Tool, or by using the Oculus Tray Tool ( third party program).

SS and PD do the same thing.

I use PD in DCS, and Oculus Tray Tool for IL-2. You can set up a profile in OTT for IL-2.

2 hours ago, dburne said:

No it does not, you need to use SS in the Oculus Software.

You can access it either via the Debug Tool, or by using the Oculus Tray Tool ( third party program).

SS and PD do the same thing.

I use PD in DCS, and Oculus Tray Tool for IL-2. You can set up a profile in OTT for IL-2.

Is it ok to allow Steam VR to automatically run with OTT profile also running?

16 minutes ago, greywulf said:

Is it ok to allow Steam VR to automatically run with OTT profile also running?

Yes no problem. If you use OTT to set SS, set Steam VR resolution to manual at 100%.

What are your settings in OTT? I like HDR on and only setting I changed in OTT was PD to 2. or 2.2 for now getting good fps.

49 minutes ago, dburne said:

Yes no problem. If you use OTT to set SS, set Steam VR resolution to manual at 100%.

Is this what you are referring to?    

http://1FNG9G3.png

That's it. Just use the drop down tab to choose IL2 and then set it to 100%.

Edited by RhumbaAzul

I will tell you after you have gotten used to the Rift S and using Steam VR with it you should give Open Composite a try.

Great program for the Rift or Rift S that allows one to run their VR without Steam VR. It includes a switcher so you can switch back and forth if needed between Steam VR and Open Composite. 

A much leaner program which gives a nice performance boost in IL-2. Steam VR has developed some bloat over time.

When/if you want to give it a try, check it out here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/9nxixe/systemwide_installation_for_opencomposite_released/

Edited by dburne
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, dburne said:

I will tell you after you have gotten used to the Rift S and using Steam VR with it you should give Open Composite a try.

Great program for the Rift or Rift S that allows one to run their VR without Steam VR. It includes a switcher so you can switch back and forth if needed between Steam VR and Open Composite. 

A much leaner program which gives a nice performance boost in IL-2. Steam VR has developed some bloat over time.

When/if you want to give it a try, check it out here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/9nxixe/systemwide_installation_for_opencomposite_released/

+1 to that. Excellent lean alternative to Steam.

7 hours ago, greywulf said:

DCS has an easily accessable PD slider does IL 2 Sturovik have anything like that? I can't seem to find it anywhere and some posts are older.

I am running a Oculus Rift S 1080Ti, i7, 32 gb mem.

I get best results on using games internal aa set to 4. With headset resolution.