Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
greywulf

Controlling Pixel Density PD

Recommended Posts

DCS has an easily accessable PD slider does IL 2 Sturovik have anything like that? I can't seem to find it anywhere and some posts are older.

 

I am running a Oculus Rift S 1080Ti, i7, 32 gb mem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No it does not, you need to use SS in the Oculus Software.

You can access it either via the Debug Tool, or by using the Oculus Tray Tool ( third party program).

 

SS and PD do the same thing.

I use PD in DCS, and Oculus Tray Tool for IL-2. You can set up a profile in OTT for IL-2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dburne said:

No it does not, you need to use SS in the Oculus Software.

You can access it either via the Debug Tool, or by using the Oculus Tray Tool ( third party program).

 

SS and PD do the same thing.

I use PD in DCS, and Oculus Tray Tool for IL-2. You can set up a profile in OTT for IL-2.

 

Is it ok to allow Steam VR to automatically run with OTT profile also running?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, greywulf said:

 

Is it ok to allow Steam VR to automatically run with OTT profile also running?

 

Yes no problem. If you use OTT to set SS, set Steam VR resolution to manual at 100%.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What are your settings in OTT? I like HDR on and only setting I changed in OTT was PD to 2. or 2.2 for now getting good fps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, dburne said:

 

Yes no problem. If you use OTT to set SS, set Steam VR resolution to manual at 100%.

Is this what you are referring to?    

 

http://1FNG9G3.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

That's it. Just use the drop down tab to choose IL2 and then set it to 100%.

Edited by RhumbaAzul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will tell you after you have gotten used to the Rift S and using Steam VR with it you should give Open Composite a try.

Great program for the Rift or Rift S that allows one to run their VR without Steam VR. It includes a switcher so you can switch back and forth if needed between Steam VR and Open Composite. 

A much leaner program which gives a nice performance boost in IL-2. Steam VR has developed some bloat over time.

 

When/if you want to give it a try, check it out here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/9nxixe/systemwide_installation_for_opencomposite_released/

 

Edited by dburne
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, dburne said:

I will tell you after you have gotten used to the Rift S and using Steam VR with it you should give Open Composite a try.

Great program for the Rift or Rift S that allows one to run their VR without Steam VR. It includes a switcher so you can switch back and forth if needed between Steam VR and Open Composite. 

A much leaner program which gives a nice performance boost in IL-2. Steam VR has developed some bloat over time.

 

When/if you want to give it a try, check it out here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/9nxixe/systemwide_installation_for_opencomposite_released/

 

+1 to that. Excellent lean alternative to Steam.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, greywulf said:

DCS has an easily accessable PD slider does IL 2 Sturovik have anything like that? I can't seem to find it anywhere and some posts are older.

 

I am running a Oculus Rift S 1080Ti, i7, 32 gb mem.

I get best results on using games internal aa set to 4. With headset resolution.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...