II./JG1_Vonrd

Skins for Black September IV

If any squads or individuals have personal and/or historical skins they would like to use in the upcoming BSIV, post a link here. Once we have a collection I will compile a BSIV skinpack as a zip file for one easy download and install. 

Wing Walkers have already submitted theirs:

Files for Wingwalkers Entente aircraft, already in directories for inclusion

https://db.tt/dQoTP3GNnf

Here's JG1 for those interested:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8hlebtxjyftdnv7/AADZzPufRHGjnae_iKxd4_bxa?dl=0

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BaronVonMyakin said:

@II./JG1_Vonrd How long time do we have to provide skins? I mean when do you plan to pack them all in zip?

I would like to post them tonight (04:00 GMT Friday for your time zone) 

I'm not sure if I can provide them in time.. but no matter. Maybe it'll be possible to add them later.

2 hours ago, II./JG1_Vonrd said:

I would like to post them tonight (04:00 GMT Friday for your time zone) 

Why rush ? BS IV was announced 13/08, campaign guidebook, 2!!! weeks later. Only yesterday i get reply from organizers about my side.
Fully disagree with your approach.

Edited by Adler_Blau

1 hour ago, Adler_Blau said:

Why rush ? BS IV was announced 13/08, campaign guidebook, 2!!! weeks later. Only yesterday i get reply from organizers about my side.
Fully disagree with your approach.

Well, you can do whatever you want. I only wanted to provide a service to those participating in Black September and the first mission starts this Saturday. I am taking away from my flying time to do this. I MAY add your skins at a later date (available time permitting) but they won't be available for this first mission.

33 minutes ago, =L/R=Shoki said:

All available 1PL skins

1PL part 1

1PL part 2

1PL part 3

Thanks Shoki!

This is gonna be great with all the Sqn skins! 

Working on Luft's D.VII still...will hopefully have it ready ahead of the start date but don't hold out for it ;) 

OK... Here's the Skinpack. It includes J2, J5, J99, JG1, WingWalkers and US103. It's about 3.6G after extraction. It is arranged....      \data\graphics\skins\     so you can either extract it into          C:\Program Files (x86)\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\     (or however your game is installed)  or do as I do with zips and extract to a Temp folder, just to double check, then cut/paste into your game folder. If you already have skins in your WW1 plane folders and think that you will later want to delete these skins, simply either back-up or move your WW1 plane folders to a safe place then all you would have to do is remove these Black September plane folders and re-insert your backed up folders (but y'all probably knew that anyway or have your own method  😁).

Baron & Adler, if you want, I can always make a second zip for your skins (or you could simply post your own zip here).

Here's the link:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/yarou7bjy1maov9/AADVPApaOcSIKUoVc_kxWP3Ja?dl=0

EDIT: as of this time it's still downloading to Dropbox with about 30 min remaining.

Edited by II./JG1_Vonrd
  • Thanks 3

@II./JG1_Vonrd

Thanks for your efforts! If it'll be possible to add our skins later to common archive, that would be gret. If not - there is no problem at whole.

I'll post links to skins here so if anybody wants to upload them too, could do it even without having them in the common archive.

Anyway, you'll see the link from us here.

S!

GREAT! Thanks V.!

Salute! ( ÷÷sound of bootheels clicking÷÷)

Josef "Izzy" Mai, Fhnr., JaSta 5

Am I right in thinking that to see the skins ingame, you have to have them installed?

3 minutes ago, J5_Spyboy said:

Am I right in thinking that to see the skins ingame, you have to have them installed?

Yup! And activate the custom skins option.

Edited by J2_Bidu

10 hours ago, II./JG1_Vonrd said:

Please download and install (allow overwrite) this Ver 1.1 of the skinpack:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6874foospsgrt10/AAArhsoQJLIGmBmyHesRnrVsa?dl=0

Corrected Luftritter's DR1, Added JG1 Heinrich skin and Izzy's (J5_JosefMai) AlbD5 skin.

So this is actually a patch to the 1.0 version, which must be added on top of it, not a replacement, for those wondering.

Edited by J2_Bidu

4 hours ago, J2_Bidu said:

So this is actually a patch to the 1.0 version, which must be added on top of it, not a replacement, for those wondering.

Correct... I should have made that apparent.... Thanks Bidu

• Upvote 1

Ok, I suggest a deadline for submission at least 24/48/72 whichever hours in advance or your skin doesn't make it that mission.

Also, one giant main download would be great.

Edited by US103_Talbot

On 9/7/2019 at 11:02 AM, US103_Talbot said:

Ok, I suggest a deadline for submission at least 24/48/72 whichever hours in advance or your skin doesn't make it that mission.

Also, one giant main download would be great.

For the rest of the tourney a deadline of 48 hours sounds reasonable.

I will incorporate the additions into the "Master" zip file but will also have a "patch" available of the additions so that those who have already downloaded and installed the full monty don't have to do it all over again.

• Thanks 1

Trying to finalise the newly formed No. 8 RNAS skin pack. 2 to add so far, but will hold out until tomorrow to see if we can get the rest ready. Great job in organising these so far! 

I have J2_Jakob's. 

The cutoff time for new submissions will be 21:00 Pacific (04:00 GMT) Thurs. 9/12/19.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Added J2_Jakob, BaronVonMyakin, US103 (8RNAS), JG1 Heinrich and JG1 Luftritter (FDVII). There might be a couple of duplicates... so allow overwrite.

The patch with these skins is here:

I have added all late submissions from last week and this week to the full skinpack. If you haven't downloaded the skins yet of if you want to be sure to have all of the Black September skins download the full skinpack here:

I would like to ask that those who are able (or remember to  🤨) record some tracks during BS. It would be cool to see these skins in action in screenshots or videos.

Edited by II./JG1_Vonrd
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, II./JG1_Vonrd said:

Added J2_Jakob, BaronVonMyakin, US103 (8RNAS), JG1 Heinrich and JG1 Luftritter (FDVII). There might be a couple of duplicates... so allow overwrite.

The patch with these skins is here:

I have added all late submissions from last week and this week to the full skinpack. If you haven't downloaded the skins yet of if you want to be sure to have all of the Black September skins download the full skinpack here:

I would like to ask that those who are able (or remember to  🤨) record some tracks during BS. It would be cool to see these skins in action in screenshots or videos.

Second link's folder is empty.

1 hour ago, -332FG-Garven said:

Second link's folder is empty.

Oops... was late last night. I will fix it when I get home from work in about 8 hrs.

11 hours ago, II./JG1_Vonrd said:

US103 (8RNAS)

8 RNAS is actually a new squadron! (Or, rather, an older squadron that's recently expanded into FC) 

Cheers again for the hard work, Vonrd! 

Try turning off Avast whilst you d/l. Or create an exception in Avast settings to allow this. Anti Virus software is often risk averse! Salute.

6 hours ago, J5_Spyboy said:

Try turning off Avast whilst you d/l. Or create an exception in Avast settings to allow this. Anti Virus software is often risk averse! Salute.

Or just download the skinpack... J99 skins are in it