Jason_Williams

Anyone in the path of Hurricane Dorian?

Guys,

Do we have anyone from our community in the path of Dorian? Cat 5 is no joke. I hope you evacuated or have a serious plan.

Jason

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

14 minutes ago, AndytotheD said:

I’m running to Pensacola tonight, thanks for your concern!

Stay dry Andy. Hope traffic isn’t too bad. 

Jason

• Thanks 1

Jason,

Check out Cubancoverunners VM Sunday post in the RoF Forum! 

Hope y'all stay safe

• Upvote 1

Luckily on the West coast of Florida, hoping it stays off the coast, the bahamas are getting wiped off the map right now. If it speeds up it's going to make landfall in Florida, just hoping it makes that northern turn very soon or we are going to be in trouble.

6 minutes ago, JonRedcorn said:

Luckily on the West coast of Florida, hoping it stays off the coast, the bahamas are getting wiped off the map right now. If it speeds up it's going to make landfall in Florida, just hoping it makes that northern turn very soon or we are going to be in trouble.

I feel sorry for the people in the Bahamas, they don't have anywhere to run. The models show it skirting up the coast and not making landfall iirc but who knows what will really happen. I hope it doesn't cut across Florida and make its way into the gulf.

I got some family in Florida now who are gonna ride it out. Hope everyone stays safe.

Edited by Legioneod

4 minutes ago, Legioneod said:

I feel sorry for the people in the Bahamas, they don't have anywhere to run. The models show it skirting up the coast and not making landfall iirc but who knows what will really happen. I hope it doesn't cut across Florida and make its way into the gulf.

I got some family in Florida now who are gonna ride it out. Hope everyone stays safe.

The HWRF model is showing it plowing into Florida's east coast, same model accurately predicted Michaels path of destruction. I am not so sure we are going to get lucky. All depends on the high pressure ridge by Georgia falling apart and how fast Dorian continues to move westward.

https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/?model=hwrf&region=05L&pkg=mslp_pcpn_frzn&runtime=2019090112&fh=6

Regardless unless the hurricane goes right through the middle of Florida I will probably not get much more than tropical storm force winds. We went a week without power after Irma hit 2 years ago, that was horrible in the middle of summer in Florida. I think a lot of people think they are out of the woods now with Dorian which I think is a big mistake.

• Upvote 1

Keeping the fingers crossed for our Floridians and the useres up the coast.

Sorry to see the Bahamas getting hit by the full blast of category 5.

I'm a bit of a weather watcher and have been watching this storm and the commentary from some trusted weather sources on it for days now. Extremely tough forecasting but the message I'm hearing is loud and clear: If you're in the potential zone for this storm, even if some think it will turn northward, definitely pay attention. Category 5 storms are no joke at all and this one is a monster that's about to get over some very warm water just off the coast.

Hope everyone is taking precautions and are safe! Sending my best wishes and hopes that the storm does take a miss just off the coast. 🤞

I'm in NB Canada, but by the time it gets up the coast (next Saturday) toward us it'll be downgraded / likely won't hit us head on anyway. Shamrock says it well above ^^ (being a pilot basically involves being a weather forecaster) -- very scary. Hopefully everyone gets out safe and the damage isn't too great.

We’re pretty safe here in Atlanta as slow as it’s moving and a cold front coming down. My sister is in Orlando area but they are still waiting to see where it goes. Even if is traffic is bad, it will still move faster than the storm.

looks like the coast is going to get blasted all the way up until it hits colder water.

My brother is in Port Saint Lucie. He and my sister-in-law say they are staying. I tried to get them to drive up and stay with us until it blows through. I must admit, I'm concerned, but I respect their decision.

one of the lads from work has just flown over to florida for the start of his two week holiday... I can't honestly understand why he'd still go? or for that matter why the travel agency are still putting on the flight.

I'm in Lakeland, I'll be working in the storm if it comes here. Not my first, not planning it being my last.

will it blow over by Thursday ? heading to Mexico for a couple of weeks via Houston.

I am save , just land to Barcelona from Orlando (too many people)to end the Vacations & today  I will star  the month season Online in IL2 BoB .

56 minutes ago, ACG_Herne said:

will it blow over by Thursday ? heading to Mexico for a couple of weeks via Houston.

Sure hoping so! It should anyway.

My brother and I have a new (old) semi truck tractor in FL we need to pick up. Hopefully it will still be there next week...

On 9/2/2019 at 7:19 AM, ACG_Herne said:

Will likely be working it's way up the coast by Thursday. That is if it finally starts moving... it's currently moving north west at 1 mph and is trapped between two high pressure ridges that seem to be equaling out the steering forces. Absolute disaster for Freeport and Grand Bahama.

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at5+shtml/093608.shtml?mltoa34#contents

• Thanks 1

It's crazy how all the forecasts and predictions change. I didn't think it was possible for a Hurricane to just stop moving like it has. Very interesting!