catlord

inputs.ini

Hi there,

i just come back to Cliff of dovers with an xbox gamepad.

According to your experience what would you advise me to make a flyable config with this device. Is there any default game set up ?

Thank you !

something like this?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR4xqZL3z7ICnKG_O0TofY

I would not recommend playing terribly with this, honestly
I don't even think anyone can help you ..................

look for a flight lever

Posted (edited)

Well, you need assign the thumbsticks axes for Aileron, Elevator and Rudder, for throttle is not practical due the spring back to center, set two buttons.

There's no pre-mad configurations, so in main menu click in Options > Controls> Axes an assign thumbsticks and in Keys assign the two buttons for "Increase throttle" and "decrease throttle". And other buttons for what if find relevant.

Test and if you like of the game make a favor for yourself and buy a basic "all-in-1" joystick, example Thrustmaster T.16000M ~$60 or (better) VKB Gladiator Mk.II ~90/100. :joy:

Edited by Sokol1

Posted (edited)
On 8/30/2019 at 12:42 PM, catlord said:

s there any default game set up ?

I'm going to guess that you're from World of Warplanes or WarThunder. No default gamepad setup here. It's a flight simulator, not one of those types of games. I bought a Logitch Extreme 3D Pro joystick on Amazon for 25 dollars.They aren't expensive.

Edited by Poochnboo

On 8/31/2019 at 8:48 PM, Poochnboo said:

I'm going to guess that you're from World of Warplanes or WarThunder. No default gamepad setup here. It's a flight simulator, not one of those types of games. I bought a Logitch Extreme 3D Pro joystick on Amazon for 25 dollars.They aren't expensive.

no, i am not from war thunder and I am just asking a simple question. If you don't manage to answer it's your problem. And a real plane does not really fly like il2's ones in my experience but I can say I did not fly any war bird ever.

I can say it is not a shame to control a "game flight simulator" with a gamepad controller, it make sense and this is my opinion, but, like Dirty Harry I could say : "opinions are like asses, everyone got one."

For people interested, I join my .ini to share. It is not really perfect but allows a lot. If you have an opinion, you are welcome !

X360.txt

19 minutes ago, catlord said:

no, i am not from war thunder and I am just asking a simple question. If you don't manage to answer it's your problem. And a real plane does not really fly like il2's ones in my experience but I can say I did not fly any war bird ever.

I can say it is not a shame to control a "game flight simulator" with a gamepad controller, it make sense and this is my opinion, but, like Dirty Harry I could say : "opinions are like asses, everyone got one."

For people interested, I join my .ini to share. It is not really perfect but allows a lot. If you have an opinion, you are welcome !

X360.txt 3.67 kB · 0 downloads

They have responded
With respect

It took you almost a month to answer
He had to think hard

Definitely not!!
This is not a game to play with gamepad

If it serves you, perfect !!

But do not expect to be competitive, or fully enjoy the game

Regards

" I'm going to guess that you're from World of Warplanes or WarThunder. "

It is not respect.

2 hours ago, catlord said:

It is not respect.

A fair point but people are pretty much in agreement that you would be far better off with a stick as a pose to a gamepad and for very good reason. It's NOT because they are being unhelpful. Quite the opposite in fact. They have all played the game for some time and are right in saying that you would seriously get MUCH more out of the game with a stick, preferably a HOTAS such as the T16000 or the VKB Gladiator. 100+1%.

Good luck!

Rap :good:

Edited by Raptorattacker

2 hours ago, catlord said:

" I'm going to guess that you're from World of Warplanes or WarThunder. "

It is not respect.

Wow. If you're offended that easily, you'd better stay off of the internet. Either that or grow a thicker skin. I honestly figured that you came over here from one of those games. I even suggested where you could get an inexpensive joystick. And you got insulted? Lighten up.

If you can't get a stick

Play with the keyboard and mouse, it will be a more complete experience

The gamepad is for playing San Andreas

On 8/30/2019 at 9:42 AM, catlord said:

Hi there,

i just come back to Cliff of dovers with an xbox gamepad.

According to your experience what would you advise me to make a flyable config with this device. Is there any default game set up ?

Thank you !

Hello Catlord

Yes, the guys sometimes can be a little harsh...  😉

But seriously, our recommendation is you invest in a joystick.

You'll find your enjoyment of the game goes up hugely.

Often you can find a used joystick for as little as $20.

Try to find one with a twist rudder handle... otherwise  you will need to buy rudder pedals... which are great, but costly.