Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Mysticpuma

Will there be a monthly update today?

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

4 weeks since the last, just wondering? 

Cheers Mysticpuma 

Edited by Mysticpuma
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Mysticpuma said:

4 weeks since theast, just wondering? 

Cheers Mysticpuma 

Holidays :P  Everyone is on the beach or something :popcorm:

Edited by InProgress

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

+1 :) pretty please

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We'll have something out in a short while.

 

We are currently completing work on an Patch for CLIFFS OF DOVER BLITZ which will have the new AI changes included... (4.56) it should be out in the next week or so.

 

As has been mentioned, we are rolling out the Game Engine code improvements and bugfixes as a ongoing process, instead of waiting to release them all with TF 5.0.

 

This is what is happening with 4.56...  will be our next Update.

 

After that you should see us go back to releasing hilights of the new aircraft/ships/vehicles for TF 5.0 in future Updates.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 6
  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the update Buzzsaw, looking forward to seeing the changes.:drinks:

 

 

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With apologies to Pattle for jumping the gun a bit... here's a taste of the Kittyhawk Mk IA... one of the new aircraft currently in the import pipeline.

 

(very much Work In Progress)

 

EDIT:

 

Have removed this image as 3D Artist is not happy with quality of his model as shown, (normal map was inverted) and prefers it not be shown.

 

We will be posting better quality images of the Kittyhawk Mk IA and Tomahawk Mk II in the near future.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks to be a real beauty Buzzsaw, once it gets a little weathering it will really look the part.:drinks:

 

 

Thank you very much for posting, really appreciated.;)

 

 

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/2/2019 at 3:50 PM, Buzzsaw said:

With apologies to Pattle for jumping the gun a bit... here's a taste of the Kittyhawk Mk IA... one of the new aircraft currently in the import pipeline.

 

(very much Work In Progress)

 

All good Buzz, :) 

 

 

Quote

 

P40-E-ext-1.png

 

Edited by ATAG_Pattle
Will be replaced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ATAG_Pattle said:

All good Buzz, :) 

P40-E-ext-5.thumb.png.1f7a6e74adaa3810176c68339c4fc529.png

 

 

 

Whow!!

 

I have to admit that the previous photo left me a bit perplexed

I like this one more

maybe we should wait until everything is over before being so insistent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/2/2019 at 7:50 AM, Buzzsaw said:

P40-E-ext-1.png

 

Out of curiosity, since i don't really find it annoying or bothering. Are you guys planning on fixing channel map when it comes to textures like on that screenshot? Road ends randomly, tiny field (with river?) shows up in middle of nowhere :P Not really a big deal but just curious.

 

But what i care about are rivers that make you jump, it's near some airfields and if you land too soon or going too fast and just drive into that little river, it throws you sky high like a ball :rofl: and then you fall and explode. Is that possible to fix? Or maybe already fixed in upcoming update?

Edited by InProgress

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, InProgress said:

 

Out of curiosity, since i don't really find it annoying or bothering. Are you guys planning on fixing channel map when it comes to textures like on that screenshot? Road ends randomly, tiny field (with river?) shows up in middle of nowhere :P Not really a big deal but just curious.

 

But what i care about are rivers that make you jump, it's near some airfields and if you land too soon or going too fast and just drive into that little river, it throws you sky high like a ball :rofl: and then you fall and explode. Is that possible to fix? Or maybe already fixed in upcoming update?


Hi InProgress,
If you see some strange spots on the map and encounter some even stranger reactions, please take screenshots (vid's) with the position on the map and use the BugTracker .
https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27260&highlight=tracker

the BugTracker allow it not to be forgotten, not like a post in the middle of the fload on a forum.

Small Texture correction are rather fast to execute when the exact location is known.
KR

PS: this is not a river, it's a road😀
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/3/2019 at 4:32 PM, JV69badatflyski said:

If you see some strange spots on the map and encounter some even stranger reactions, please take screenshots (vid's) with the position on the map and use the BugTracker .

It's not really what i meant. The thing is, entire map is filled with this little mistakes so it's not like "ohh i found little bug, will report that so they can fix it". Because it's all over the place, if i would report every bug like this, i would do nothing but post screenshot all day everyday. I was only wondering if TF will start some big scale fixing of these map errors.

 

All this is just from 1 place next to each other, i loaded game, flew to random place and found it easly:

 

1. Part of the bridge just randomly sitting here :P

Spoiler

KyP9hUU.jpg

 

2. A bit away from that bridge is river crossing the road. (in the middle you can see my plane next to that bridge from screenshot 1)

Spoiler

zy5MS4D.jpg

 

3. Again, pretty much the same place, a river and lake in middle of the road. Railway also is weird, grass covers the road. Road and railway should kind of connect and make a nice crossing between them.

Spoiler

gyn4BPg.jpg

 

4. Then you have forest growing in middle of the road.

Spoiler

3DXA1hg.jpg

 

 

Like i said before, it's not a big deal to me (tho that bride should be removed :P) was just curious if there will be some map fixing in that direction or it's not really that important to deal with now.

Edited by InProgress

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have done a tremendous amount of fixing of the Channel map... airfields have been flattened to avoid the bumps which existed.... terrain flaws fixed etc.

 

The issues of roads going nowhere and other problems will need to wait to TF 6.0 when we will focus more on the Channel map... with the arrival of the FW-190A and other aircraft of 1942.

 

We will be adding fortifications and big coastal guns for the map at that point too.

 

But right now our focus is the Desert map.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Buzzsaw said:

The issues of roads going nowhere and other problems will need to wait to TF 6.0 when we will focus more on the Channel map... with the arrival of the FW-190A and other aircraft of 1942.

 

We will be adding fortifications and big coastal guns for the map at that point too.

Oh so the 6.0 will be channel expansion? ;) fortifications sound really cool. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, InProgress said:

Oh so the 6.0 will be channel expansion? ;) fortifications sound really cool. 

No, not just Channel map update... we will also create another map whose location I will not specify at this time.

 

But it all depends on the success of TF 5.0 TOBRUK... if players are not interested and it does not sell, there will be no TF 6.0.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Buzzsaw said:

No, not just Channel map update... we will also create another map whose location I will not specify at this time.

 

After Sands of Tobruk, Siege of Malta sounds like a nice title ;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All seems really interesting going forward and I look forward to it, first of all though let us get Tobruk released and see what that is like and go on from there.;)

 

 It really does seem like I will be dead and burned before the things I want to see in the Blitz/Tobruk modules come to life, please guys release some kind of update soon paid or free I care not as long as it comes and gives us some idea of where we are going.:(

 

 Malta I like. lovely place and people.

 

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

Edited by Missionbug
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Missionbug said:

It really does seem like I will be dead and burned before the things I want to see in the Blitz/Tobruk modules come to life, please guys release some kind of update soon paid or free I care not as long as it comes and gives us some idea of where we are going.:(

They posted here info about it. Next week or so, new update with fixes (including AI) will come.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing is that after CloD release, since don't work in Win 98 as promised, the new project manager release a patch that change map textures for lower VGA use, what end screw the map, now section of roads code don't match more the visual road, what make vehicles go aside and end stuck in trees, probable the same case of this dislocated bridge.

 

The true is this is not something that worth invest effort in fix, are more important issues, like make vehicles follow roads and cross bridges.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Buzzsaw said:

 

But it all depends on the success of TF 5.0 TOBRUK... if players are not interested and it does not sell, there will be no TF 6.0.

 

12 hours ago, InProgress said:

 

After Sands of Tobruk, Siege of Malta sounds like a nice title ;)

 

Tobruk really isn’t my thing.  However I would buy it in an instant if Malta was to be next.   Just like I bought into Kuban when the Pacific was going to be next.  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Sokol1 said:

The true is this is not something that worth invest effort in fix, are more important issues, like make vehicles follow roads and cross bridges.

Yes, this is something I hope the team can finally fix. 

 

I see a video update with vehicles driving along a road, Spitfires flying low race overhead, the camera cuts to the lead vehicle with Spitfires heading off into the sunset in the background.... And that vehicle crosses a bridge.... Video cuts to black, text appears "TFS closing the gap". 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regarding getting vehicles to cross bridges:

 

This will not be a problem with the new Tobruk map.

 

However, the original Channel map is heavily bugged... some bridges work, others don't.

 

We are attempting to find a fix for these issues, and hope solutions will be included in TF 5.0.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Buzzsaw said:

Regarding getting vehicles to cross bridges:

 

This will not be a problem with the new Tobruk map.

 

However, the original Channel map is heavily bugged... some bridges work, others don't.

 

We are attempting to find a fix for these issues, and hope solutions will be included in TF 5.0.

Buzzsaw, a question for the map team

The bridges issue is fixed for Tobruk, that is great news. This no doubt is down to a fully working map tool? 

 

The Blitz map as it stands is bugged, as you agree. 

 

That said, all the textures, roads, water, buildings, airfield data exist in the game currently, so if a 1:1 scale map of Blitz was created in the new map tool, couldn't the x, y, z co-ordinates of the current assets be placed onto a new map created in the new map tool and thereby give you more flexibility and control of the bugs that exist in the old one? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Mysticpuma said:

Buzzsaw, a question for the map team

The bridges issue is fixed for Tobruk, that is great news. This no doubt is down to a fully working map tool? 

 

The Blitz map as it stands is bugged, as you agree. 

 

That said, all the textures, roads, water, buildings, airfield data exist in the game currently, so if a 1:1 scale map of Blitz was created in the new map tool, couldn't the x, y, z co-ordinates of the current assets be placed onto a new map created in the new map tool and thereby give you more flexibility and control of the bugs that exist in the old one? 

Hello MP

 

The complexities of the map systems are only understandable to someone who has a lot of experience as a both as a programmer/coder and who also has a lot of experience hands on with the CLIFFS OF DOVER Source Code.

 

Not really much more to say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Buzzsaw said:

Hello MP

 

The complexities of the map systems are only understandable to someone who has a lot of experience as a both as a programmer/coder and who also has a lot of experience hands on with the CLIFFS OF DOVER Source Code.

 

Not really much more to say.

 

As you don't know either then, can one of the team who does  please answer? (unless you were being patronising to a member of the community who asked a genuine question and expected an honest answer?) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honest answer to your original question is No.

 

Our Coders have a lot of work to do and can't take the time to explain how the game systems and maps work to those who are not coders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Typical insider [edited] then, just because we are not coders we cannot possibly understand.

 

Any professional worth their salt could/should be able to explain in a simplified form to us low lives out here just what they do, if not, then they should get another job because they will at some time have to explain to new recruits just what it is all about and they will surely be found wanting.

 

[edited]

 

Regards, Pete.

Edited by SYN_Haashashin
Language
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Missionbug said:

Typical insider bullshit then, just because we are not coders we cannot possibly understand.

 

Any professional worth their salt could/should be able to explain in a simplified form to us low lives out here just what they do, if not, then they should get another job because they will at some time have to explain to new recruits just what it is all about and they will surely be found wanting.

 

Fuck you and your game.

 

Regards, Pete.

 

There's no need to be rude about it. They don't owe you any explanation just because you think It'd be easy to post. 

Edited by TheOldCrow
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Missionbug said:

Fuck you and your game.

 

Regards, Pete.

 

Blimey.  He doesnt seem to be wishing you all the very best anymore Buzz.:(

 

But at least you have his Regards.:)

 

 

 

 

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Missionbug said:

Typical insider bullshit then, just because we are not coders we cannot possibly understand.

 

Any professional worth their salt could/should be able to explain in a simplified form to us low lives out here just what they do, if not, then they should get another job because they will at some time have to explain to new recruits just what it is all about and they will surely be found wanting.

 

Fuck you and your game.

 

Regards, Pete.

 

Lol

 

He has another job.  That’s why development of this game is not going as fast as you would like.  The fact that you’re not aware of that issue is on you.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Missionbug said:

Typical insider bullshit then, just because we are not coders we cannot possibly understand.

 

Any professional worth their salt could/should be able to explain in a simplified form to us low lives out here just what they do, if not, then they should get another job because they will at some time have to explain to new recruits just what it is all about and they will surely be found wanting.

 

Fuck you and your game.

 

Regards, Pete.

 

Thank you for the polite, mature, and constructive criticism.

 

1 hour ago, BraveSirRobin said:

 

Lol

 

He has another job.  That’s why development of this game is not going as fast as you would like.  The fact that you’re not aware of that issue is on you.

 

 

 

Exactly. We all have stuff going on in our lives that takes priority, like our main jobs, family, etc., and quite a bit of that simply takes priority over CloD. Our team members need income to sustain themselves in order to work on CloD, and to get that income they need to focus on their main jobs.

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, [Pb]Cybermat47 said:

 

Exactly. We all have stuff going on in our lives that takes priority, like our main jobs, family, etc., and quite a bit of that simply takes priority over CloD. Our team members need income to sustain themselves in order to work on CloD, and to get that income they need to focus on their main jobs.

 

 

This isn’t a good thing.  People expect a full time dev team like the one working on BoX/GB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Missionbug said:

Any professional worth their salt could/should be able to explain in a simplified form to us low lives out here just what they do, if not, then they should get another job because they will at some time have to explain to new recruits just what it is all about and they will surely be found wanting

Any professional won't bother with you honestly. Their job is to write code not to waste time to explain how they do things. I don't see programmers or others from BoX roaming on forum and answering every question. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I was losing hope but NOT
This became a typical shit thread,luckily

it was weird so much education

Thank God CLOD is still fit

It's lovely how we give a shit about people's lives ...........


I want my planes !!! and I want them already !!

and if I do not like what you give me I will put it in your ass

I want my money !!


hehehe


I love

Edited by E69_pienoir
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys, I apologise for the outburst, I do not want everything instantly and I appreciate this is a small team working in their spare time, however, people have legitimate questions about a game they are hoping to buy and enjoy, all any of us would appreciate is a straight forward answer to a question that is all.  And yes, I understand code is complex, I have dabbled and also made 3d models so I am not totally in ignorance to the pressures these guys are under to deliver a product.

 

It might not be possible to fix some issues with Blitz as TF have to work with what they were left with and they have certainly taken great strides to bring the product to where it is, however, just a few moments of their time and a simple straight forward answer as to why certain issues cannot be rectified would suffice, if we are stuck with them forever more okay, it is all about communication.

 

 

Anyway, again I am sorry for the outburst,  I have been having a few bad years with health issues but that does not excuse my behaviour.

 

 

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

 

 

Edited by Missionbug
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...