Jason_Williams

Developer Diary 229 - Discussion

Guys,

This is a DD topic, get back to it and continue other discussions elsewhere.

Haash

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

How is the pilots' language, with new P51, Tempest, P38 aircraft, will pilots already speak English? The new map will be part of the upcoming patch?

Thanks for your work boys. I look forward to new horses!

Surely there (BOBP) will be english comms (devs confirmed) but not sure if already in the Septmeber's patch. 

The map is imho nearly ready and it may be included in the pach.

Edited by Tapi

5 hours ago, OREL_Shifty said:

How is the pilots' language, with new P51, Tempest, P38 aircraft, will pilots already speak English? The new map will be part of the upcoming patch?

Thanks for your work boys. I look forward to new horses!

Based on this thread I'd imagine that those voice recordings are exactly for that:

• Upvote 1

Off-topic from what we're currently discussing, so I hope this is the right place to ask this-

Is there any chance that the Stalingrad and Moscow maps ever be re-made?  I've realized lately after going back and fourth between those and Kuban, just how much better the Kuban map is.  Not just aesthetically pleasing, but functionally better as far as navigation goes.... not to mention the realistic aspects of the roads in the early maps such as trees perfectly lining the roads, as if the USSR had a "community beautification" program where they planted trees alongside all the roads. 😉

I really appreciate what you guys do to create this simulator and it's the one computer program that I've truly felt good about supporting with my money.  I look forward to what is to come in the future!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FeuerFliegen said:

Off-topic from what we're currently discussing, so I hope this is the right place to ask this-

Is there any chance that the Stalingrad and Moscow maps ever be re-made?  I've realized lately after going back and fourth between those and Kuban, just how much better the Kuban map is.  Not just aesthetically pleasing, but functionally better as far as navigation goes.... not to mention the realistic aspects of the roads in the early maps such as trees perfectly lining the roads, as if the USSR had a "community beautification" program where they planted trees alongside all the roads. 😉

I really appreciate what you guys do to create this simulator and it's the one computer program that I've truly felt good about supporting with my money.  I look forward to what is to come in the future!

this and hopefully we can get the russian pilot model some love too :)

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, FeuerFliegen said:

They did improve the Steppe rendering for the Stalingrad map not too long ago, I believe.

On 8/31/2019 at 9:38 AM, Bullets said:

I’m actually a bit of a whiz kid with one of these and an air chart actually ;) 

1131px-E6b-front.jpg

Would be pretty cool to have an in-game E6-B 😬

3 hours ago, [TWB]Reagan said:

No it certainly would not be, only put up with it because I’m paid too haha

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

The maps were retextured a while ago because the textures they were using were too small and when they increased the view distance they gave a tile-pattern effect. I'm not down playing the work involved, I imagine it was quite the feat and I think it looks great but the maps haven't exactly been remade per se. 

4 hours ago, Soilworker said:

The maps were retextured a while ago because the textures they were using were too small and when they increased the view distance they gave a tile-pattern effect. I'm not down playing the work involved, I imagine it was quite the feat and I think it looks great but the maps haven't exactly been remade per se. 

They also incorporated Kuban map tech developed for their mountains to the Stalingrad map, to improve the look of cliffs/bluffs.

The Devs have certainly kept Stalingrad up to snuff, and I would say the chances of them scrapping the map, and re-building it from scratch, for free, are less than minuscule.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cpt_Cool said:

They also incorporated Kuban map tech developed for their mountains to the Stalingrad map, to improve the look of cliffs/bluffs.

True! I forgot that, thanks! 

On 9/10/2019 at 3:32 PM, [TWB]Reagan said:

I myself will always pine for in-game drawing tools, like the ones in silent hunter. A pencil to draw a simple "x" to mark spots and a protractor to draw angles and distances would sufice. It would make navigation that much more enjoyable.

• Upvote 5

18 minutes ago, danielprates said:

I myself will always pine for in-game drawing tools, like the ones in silent hunter. A pencil to draw a simple "x" to mark spots and a protractor to draw angles and distances would sufice. It would make navigation that much more enjoyable.

This, endlessly.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, danielprates said:

It's pretty much a necessity if the game does go to the pacific. Navigation over open ocean would be pretty much impossible without such tools.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2019 at 7:05 PM, Bullets said:

No it certainly would not be, only put up with it because I’m paid too haha

Some drawing routes functions, add marks for yourself(private) and for another players (public), text etc. This server can hide targets until someone makes Recon and marks on map.

3 hours ago, danielprates said:

I would like option to share them with other players. Option to turn on/off each type of mark like dcs.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, danielprates said:

💯% agree 

On 9/10/2019 at 3:32 PM, [TWB]Reagan said:

And when flying in German or Russian planes, with their instruments in metric system....  :wacko:

;)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, =BLW=Tales said:

Some drawing routes functions, add marks for yourself(private) and for another players (public), text etc. This server can hide targets until someone makes Recon and marks on map.

I feel like this could come with the Air marshal spot in mp. Vectoring fighters and sending people of on missions with created on the spot flight plans

• Like 1