Vendigo

MIssions sequence in a scripted campaign

Posted (edited)

Hello guys, I have run into a problem with missions sequence in a new scripted campaign I am making – when I open the campaign in the game the missions No.10, 11… are shown between missions 1 and 2, so the missions list is like this:

Mission 1

Mission 10

Mission 11

Mission 2

Mission 3

Mission 4

I can’t figure out how to sort them out; I have checked the files of some other campaign where the missions are listed properly but the missions seem to be numbered same way as the campaign I am working on,  so I don't understand what to fix; please advise, thank you very much!

Edited by Vendigo

Looks like a simple sorting problem? Can’t you rename to 01,02,03 etc?

Also note difference between file name and the mission name (set in properties in mission editor). The mission name is the one that shows up in the list in the game.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Name as follows.

01.mission

02.mission

03.mission

04.mission

05.mission

06.mission

06.mission

08.mission

09.mission

10.mission

11.mission

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hi was wondering if you came across the same problem as I did. Once I test the Campaign I fl the first mission and then have assess to mission 02 however if I close out of IL from Steam and log back in, It doesn't save and I have to restart the whole campagin all over again. Am I not putting the right text in the txt files? This has taken me about two months to write already. 

here is an example of what happens 

thank you so much

Did you save them as campaign missions instead of single missions? Also make sure you have the correct number of missions listed in the info.txt file

12 hours ago, Jaegermeister said:

Did you save them as campaign missions instead of single missions? Also make sure you have the correct number of missions listed in the info.txt file

wow i gotta say your scripted campaign was amazing. could I send you mine that I am currently working on. I would love some feed back.

I'm not sure what you mean by campaign missions rather than single. I put them into a scripted Campaign, it runs but when I log out I have to start from beginning

Edited by No238_Difford

1 minute ago, No238_Difford said:

wow i gotta say your scripted campaign was amazing. could I send you mine that I am currently working on. I would love some feed back 

I’m glad you enjoyed the campaign. I’m not really in he middle of flying anything right now so sure, send it on over and I’d be happy to give it a go.

Zip the files, host them somewhere on the web, and pm me a link. I’ll be looking for it. 👍

15 minutes ago, Jaegermeister said:

I’m glad you enjoyed the campaign. I’m not really in he middle of flying anything right now so sure, send it on over and I’d be happy to give it a go.

Zip the files, host them somewhere on the web, and pm me a link. I’ll be looking for it. 👍

Great It will take me a while to sort has I created a lot of mp3 files to trigger at certain points in the mission. Il send you a DM 

Ok, now might be a good time to sort out your download file anyway. I usually create a dummy file structure on my desktop starting with a “data” folder and then put “campaigns” in that... etc., etc.

Then pack that up with winzip and it can either get unzipped to the desktop and installed manually or unzipped directly to the Great Battles root directory.

2 hours ago, Jaegermeister said:

Ok, now might be a good time to sort out your download file anyway. I usually create a dummy file structure on my desktop starting with a “data” folder and then put “campaigns” in that... etc., etc.

Then pack that up with winzip and it can either get unzipped to the desktop and installed manually or unzipped directly to the Great Battles root directory.

Thank you a million !!! I am working on it now to zip these and I will send over soon

On 8/30/2019 at 4:26 PM, SYN_Vander said:

Looks like a simple sorting problem? Can’t you rename to 01,02,03 etc?

Also note difference between file name and the mission name (set in properties in mission editor). The mission name is the one that shows up in the list in the game.

Yes, that did the trick, thank you very much!