vino

Spit VB won't start

I haven't flown this bird for awhile. Now I'm back to it, but I can't get it started. I give a little throttle and press E, it fires up, but shuts down almost immediatly. What am I missing here?¬†ūü§Ē

4 minutes ago, =FC=SteelFalcon said:

Mixture. Set it to 100%

Thank you! I'll give it a try. Seems like I'm having the same issue with IX

Posted (edited)

Yeah the IX works the same way. You need to increase the mixture while starting the engine, default you spawn with 0% which will shut down the engine right away. 

Also make sure to increase RPM on takeoff. It‚Äės a weird feeling giving 80-100% throttle¬†and not accelerating¬†much ;)¬†been there too

Edited by =FC=SteelFalcon
Videos

Somehow I don't recall having to use the mixture lever before... BTW. your tip worked. Thank you again! :)

Just now, vino said:

Somehow I don't recall having to use the mixture lever before... BTW. your tip worked. Thank you again! :)

Your memorie is good, devs made this stupid and totaly unnecesary change, so now on any airplane that have manual mix you have to insted just pressing E, now putt mix to 100% and press E to start engine, its totaly worthless change that just gets on my nerves every time i have to start my engine in airplane, for years you just had to press E, and now for no reasons thats not enought lol i hope every time i start engine online guy who made this change gets hickups :P

either leve it all automatic like before or make it full manual, this change it is stupid...

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

The thing for a newbie is that when you start, you'll be trying out all different plane types. For now i'll be going for automatic. Guess most modern Airline pilots are trained only for that, why they crash more often, ... and i tried both spits yesterday, liked both.

Hopefully at times i'll have an onboard expert present: https://www.scmp.com/news/asia/southeast-asia/article/3002430/pilot-who-hitched-ride-saved-doomed-boeing-737-max-8-next

Edited by jollyjack

Happened to me also some time ago, when I was flying a Yak online. After a couple of failed attempts I tried increasing mixture and it worked. I have no idea why they decided to make an unnecessary change like that - or if the change was introduced accidentally - as the start-up is otherwise fully automated, but the pilot always forgets to adjust mixture, so you have to do it for him. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, 77.CountZero said:

gets on my nerves every time i have to start my engine in airplane, for years you just had to press E,

Why suffer?  Just add E key for set mixture (and RPM) in 100% too, you are not limited to one command per key/button. ;)

Edited by Sokol1

6 hours ago, 77.CountZero said:

Your memorie is good, devs made this stupid and totaly unnecesary change, so now on any airplane that have manual mix you have to insted just pressing E, now putt mix to 100% and press E to start engine, its totaly worthless change that just gets on my nerves every time i have to start my engine in airplane, for years you just had to press E, and now for no reasons thats not enought lol i hope every time i start engine online guy who made this change gets hickups :P

either leve it all automatic like before or make it full manual, this change it is stupid...

Whole heartedly disagree. This was a great, long awaited change for me.

• Upvote 2

I remember back in the beginning you had to set the mixture just like RoF, then they simplified it to just E and it did everything... now with mix and rpm control  we can have a bit more responsibility when starting :)