Wilkham

BF-109 G6 worth it ?

1 hour ago, ITAF_Rani said:

I' d like to fly Bf 109 G6 in air war scenario located in Italy 1943-44...

me109g_6_150gr_act_365sq_01.99321e7z60gsg4g0os4sowk8o.ejcuplo1l0oo0sk8c40s8osc4.th.jpeg.jpg

The pic alone sold me.

Seriously tho the MTO is great.  8th AF is overdone (unless they do 1943. A jan to dec 43 8th af game with razor back 47s and 51s etc would be fantastic and not as heavily done. Seems all 8th af games wanna take place starting dday)

MTO has bombings into Germany etc. It has the beachheads and amphib landings. Has an effectivr German airforce.

Cool novelty weapons (fritz x?)

Good mix of terrain

Italians/US/Brits CW/Germans

That and if they expanded it and made 4 engines thatd be so awesome. Id really like to fly an Op Tidal wave with il2 graphics. Drool

• Upvote 4

I consider it. A challenge. You have to know the plane and his limitations. Also is good to increase your SA because you must know where are getting into and what you gonna do, G6 is not the best 109 on performance, the F4 is superior, especially low, G2 and G4 to, specially high.

4 hours ago, Sublime said:

The pic alone sold me.

Seriously tho the MTO is great.  8th AF is overdone 

Umm...what?

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Gambit21 said:

Umm...what?

Relatively speaking of course - but if you look at the history of ww2 flight sims 8th AF has been done to death compared to say MTO. Aces Over Europe.  European Air War.  Screaming Demons Over Europe.  B17 the Mighty 8th. Janes Ww2 Fighters.  So on and so forth - though as I said they mostly seem to focus on a 1944 8th AF which is odd to me as the realy struggle was 1943 to Feb 44

Edited by Sublime

1 hour ago, Sublime said:

Relatively speaking of course - but if you look at the history of ww2 flight sims 8th AF has been done to death compared to say MTO. Aces Over Europe.  European Air War.  Screaming Demons Over Europe.  B17 the Mighty 8th. Janes Ww2 Fighters.  So on and so forth - though as I said they mostly seem to focus on a 1944 8th AF which is odd to me as the realy struggle was 1943 to Feb 44

Yes - but we can’t use EAW etc as justification for “We don’t need it now with current tech”

In truth nothing has been “done to death” when current standards are considered.

I mean we can go all the way back to the Chuck Yeager sim and conclude that we’re done with 8th AF.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Gambit21 said:

Yes - but we can’t use EAW etc as justification for “We don’t need it now with current tech”

In truth nothing has been “done to death” when current standards are considered.

I mean we can go all the way back to the Chuck Yeager sim and conclude that we’re done with 8th AF.

The reality is not a whole lot has been done with current sim standards, hopefully we get plenty more ww2 modules from 1c.

10 hours ago, Gambit21 said:

Oh Im not saying it shouldnt be done. I tbink it should. Im glad BP is around tok though it annoys TF out of me theres no 4 engined bombers.

That said the MTO I cant recalll beinf done *at all* solely for a title - and it could offer all the same elements an 8th AF campaign could offer while still being really new for a flight sim arena

9 hours ago, JonRedcorn said:

The reality is not a whole lot has been done with current sim standards, hopefully we get plenty more ww2 modules from 1c.

Youre spot on.  Frankly we had a goldem age in tbe late 90s in hindsight. If we had companies releasing the same amount of sims and games as then we.d have some real gems 

In Italy USA would have almost everything to fly with, medium bomber, heavy bomber, fighters, fighter bombers, recons ecc. ecc., plus the the Mark.VIII and Marauder as different options from Mk.IX or B-25 and A-20.

However, i'm quite sure that in the future will see this in IL2, like in this pic. MTO is reserved to DT, but Italy is not MTO, is ITALY.

...these birds versus Red Tail or Cherckertail? Italy would be fantastic for both the side.

9fc96c61e852a00f105b521630630adc.jpg

Edited by 150GCT_Veltro
  • Like 1

On 8/30/2019 at 1:14 AM, Livai said:

Battle of Kuban for $39,99 (ten planes) or $24,99 (eight planes) but you plan to spend $19,99 for a single Collector Plane?

Absolutely. $40 for 10 planes, $25 for 8 planes and then $20 each for the Bf 109G-6 and the La-5FN. $80 for 12 planes right there? What I’m finding is that additional collector planes are somewhat OVERPRICED. Yes. Making an airplane is a long intensive effort for any developers today. But when we compare the amount of time it took to make the Bf 109G-6 and La-5FN to other planes like the A-20, P-39, U-2VS, and possibly Arado 234 and Mosquito, it was MINIMAL. $20 for the G-6 is not worth it. To me, it’s more worth $5-10 regular. I would want to get the Bf 109G-6, but I wouldn’t want to spend $20 for it.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Novice-Flyer said:

Absolutely. $40 for 10 planes, $25 for 8 planes and then $20 each for the Bf 109G-6 and the La-5FN. $80 for 12 planes right there? What I’m finding is that additional collector planes are somewhat OVERPRICED. Yes. Making an airplane is a long intensive effort for any developers today. But when we compare the amount of time it took to make the Bf 109G-6 and La-5FN to other planes like the A-20, P-39, U-2VS, and possibly Arado 234 and Mosquito, it was MINIMAL. $20 for the G-6 is not worth it. To me, it’s more worth $5-10 regular. I would want to get the Bf 109G-6, but I wouldn’t want to spend $20 for it.

Disagree. When you look around at other companies' offerings over the last couple of decades, I think $20 bucks is right in the sweet spot for cost adjusted pricing. The more complex AC should probably be priced HIGHER.

And yes, the G-6 is worth it but you have to set your expectations correctly and most importantly, EMPLOY it correctly to get the best from it. She is no world beater but in the right hands she can be formidable - as was the case IRL.

2 hours ago, II/JG17_HerrMurf said:

She is no world beater but in the right hands she can be formidable - as was the case IRL.

Just an example....

4 hours ago, Novice-Flyer said:

Absolutely. $40 for 10 planes, $25 for 8 planes and then $20 each for the Bf 109G-6 and the La-5FN. $80 for 12 planes right there? What I’m finding is that additional collector planes are somewhat OVERPRICED. 

No.

The base game is underpriced.

The cost of the extra aircraft is more than fair.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, ITAF_Rani said:

Just an example....

Rani, you play in the trees much more than I am comfortable with :)

Nice flying.

4 hours ago, Novice-Flyer said:

You may want to have a look at the rest of the market out there. I was looking at a medium fidelity Cessna 152 for X-Plane 11. That’s $35 USD. Even the low fidelity stuff is $25-30. The same story with P3D. The fancy stuff costs considerably more ($80 or $100). DCS World warbirds cost almost twice as much - admittedly with more fidelity.

A full price Collector Plane costs the same as a burger and a pint at a nice pub.

They aren’t that expensive.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, II/JG17_HerrMurf said:

Rani, you play in the trees much more than I am comfortable with :)

Nice flying.

Hi mate is not me...but Meow Sharfie

Is the Bf 109 G6 worth it?

As a few have pointed out, it depends what you are after, and if the Bf 109 is your "favorite" plane.

If you are after an F22 Raptor in a world of Sabre Jets, than this is not the plane for you.

It has some pro's against some planes, but on the whole the G6 will teach you that air combat is not all "bank and yank", in a "merry go round" fur ball.

In terms of price, again as some have pointed out it is both expensive and a bargain.

However they do have sales quite regularly, both for the campaigns (like they do have at the moment) and at times for the collector planes.

And if you buy at those times you will get a real bargain.

What needs to be remembered, is that collector planes were an idea of the community (if my memory serves me correctly).

The developers can't model every aircraft and so usually chose aircraft that were the most numerous at the time in that specific battle. The community put forth an argument that they were happy to pay for other aircraft that were used in the battle on top of the original campaign.

Yes the BF 109 G6 is very similar to the previous 109's, but it isn't identical and so needed to be modeled (both visually inside and outside, flight characteristics, and the new weapons). 

Me personally I have bought some of the collector planes, some I bought at full price, others I bought on sale (as I knew that there was a fair chance that I wouldn't fly them, but I wanted to support the developers) 

My rational is that by continuing to buy them, the developers will continue to see a demand for them and continue to make them.

And yes I will be buying the BOBP collector planes once they release them :)

The main reason why I haven't bought "Tank Crew" is that when I tried the tanks on some maps, for some reason my controls never worked properly. 

Which is probably an error between the screen and the computer chair :dash:

Either way you will enjoy playing the game :salute:

Edited by novicebutdeadly