Wilkham

BF-109 G6 worth it ?

Hi, I'm new to the game and today I run into a little problems.

I have the Stalingrad DLC and sometime most of my aircraft like the Bf-109 F4 and the G2 are not allowed on some server or are out of stock.

So I think I need to buy a collector plane. The G6 look pretty good cause of the better armament and the fact that this is a BF-109.

Is this plane worth the price ?

No it’s not worth the price. Don’t know why the devs had to charge everyone $20 for it when there are 7 other Bf 109s in the game

• Haha 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 3
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Wilkham said:

I have the Stalingrad DLC and sometime most of my aircraft like the Bf-109 F4 and the G2 are not allowed on some server or are out of stock.

So I think I need to buy a collector plane. The G6 look pretty good cause of the better armament and the fact that this is a BF-109.

Two parts to your question here really. When you are finding that the aircraft are out of stock on a given server, is the Bf109G-6 commonly available? If so then it may be valuable for you to have it. If not then I'd base your decision on if you want to fly it or maybe decide to hold off and get something like Battle of Kuban which is currently on sale for $24.99 Standard edition and $39.99 for Premium.

That'd give you a whole bunch of potential aircraft to use and may be the better buy right now as Collector Planes are not part of the sale.

7 minutes ago, Novice-Flyer said:

No it’s not worth the price. Don’t know why the devs had to charge everyone $20 for it when there are 7 other Bf 109s in the game

I see Collector Planes just as much about value for the money as it is support for the devs. While this isn't a charity, some of us did ask for more ways to support the devs and $20 Collector Planes just seems to be the standard price. If folks wait, these usually go on sale for half off and at $9.99 is not too bad of a deal. Definitely 1CGS is having a good cost for return on this item though as its not too different from the other 109s though it does have its own unique traits which I appreciate was not a copy and paste job either.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

48 minutes ago, Novice-Flyer said:

Perhaps you could do all the research 3D work, FM coding, all the coding to integrate it into the game and probably a thousand other things we don't know about for free.. The developers certainly cannot 

Cheers, Dakpilot 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 5

21 minutes ago, Dakpilot said:

Perhaps you could do all the research 3D work, FM coding, all the coding to integrate it into the game and probably a thousand other things we don't know about for free.. The developers certainly cannot 

Cheers, Dakpilot 

That's not what what he was asking (and you know it fine well).  There's plenty of bitching goes on as it is without having to be deliberately obtuse.  You're a long standing and respected member of this forum, you really should be above this and should know better.

Edited by HagarTheHorrible
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Wilkham said:

It depends. The selection of aircraft on servers varies, so you might have a better experience at another time.

If you do want to buy something, Moscow or Kuban are better in terms of value. You get 8 or 10 aircraft, which gives a much lower price per aircraft. You'll almost always have something to fly online, no matter the faction. Not to mention all the additional single player features.

The G-6 isn't always super strong compared to the opponents it faces. If you really like 109s, keep in mind that each expansion offers at least one variant.

Edited by Mitthrawnuruodo

You have 13mm ammo instead of 7,9mm. You can also replace 20mm with 30mm. So it has good firepower. But it's only available for short time in kuban career (maybe it will be in bodenplatte?). In multiplayer, especially on WoL I would assume, 30mm will be locked anyway.

It's worth if you like 109.

1 hour ago, Wilkham said:

Yes it does. If you're a 109 lover, it's a must considering it's THE Gustav.

We are waiting for G-10.

Edited by 150GCT_Veltro
  • Upvote 4

No we‘re not xD

but yes G-6 is totally worth it

Edited by Asgar

for 6.6$ yes its worth it, for 20$ hell no, your better of geting kuban standard on sale for 25$ where you get G4 and A5, and wait for collectable airplanes sale for G6.

As a beginner I would just consider to get BoK instead. You get more aicraft for your money and aircraft which are easier to fly. I like that the G-6 is in the game since this version we have was basically the low point of the 109 series from a performance standpoint. That makes the aircraft interesting to me.  But not for a beginner who tries to fill up the aircraft roster. 

Depending on the server you have more fun with Battle of Kuban. There you get the Bf 109 G-4 and the Fw 190 A-5.

• Upvote 1

G-6 is my favourite . It's bit heavier than others but has good armamentsnd it's easier taxi than E-7 for example

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Dakpilot said:

Cheers, Dakpilot 

For me is defending the overpriced moon - prices from the Collector Planes same as poking a hornet's nest. Here you have a single collector plane for $20 but you can have eight planes + maps for just $49,99. On sale it looks even more strange 9,99$  for a single Collector Plane or eight planes + maps for just $16,99.

10 hours ago, Wilkham said:

So I think I need to buy a collector plane.

Why, at the moment is sale time and you can have Battle of Kuban for $39,99 (ten planes) or $24,99 (eight planes) but you plan to spend $19,99 for a single Collector Plane? I know its your money what you plan to burn....................and how much fun you really will have from a single Collector plane is questionable compared to ten or eight planes more in MP.

Edited by Livai
  • Upvote 1

I really like the G-6, and have no regrets about purchasing it, but it's definitely the least interesting collector plane.

• Upvote 1

The Gustav is the first 109 too look like it has taken steroids 😎

Her performance is not great and maybe lesser than that of the G4 but those larger MG's make for some good aircraft shredding as does the 30mm.

Is she worth it, well any $$ to the Devs is worth it to keep them going and you get another fun plane to fly.  Pick up the Premium Battle of Kuban - the whole package is worth it.👍

5 hours ago, Wilkham said:

Given that there is a sale on, I would recommend you buy the Kuban package to be honest -- yea it's a bit more bit you get a tremendous amount of content for the price. 

Pure fact that it's the most produced, proliferated and used version of the main German fighter of the war makes it worth it in my opinion.

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, 150GCT_Veltro said:

Yes it does. If you're a 109 lover, it's a must considering it's THE Gustav.

But if you are not a 109 lover then it definitely ISN'T, especially if funds are short. I have it, and I've never flown it, although all of the other 'Collector' planes have been used extensively.

If on sales and you like the Bf109 I would say it's worth it. I especially like the two heavy machine guns. Much better than those punny 7.92mm. And of course the handy 30mm is nice to have, especially when intercepting bombers.

Plus it will make you understand while it was called "Die Beule" (the bump/bulge) by the Luftwaffe.

I like Bf 109 G6...very stable gun platform ....it's a bit slower than other F/G series...but with tactical mindset his choice worth it !!

• Like 1

Several have mentioned buying Kuban.  The first, obvious reason is 10 planes for $30.  The second reason, if you are interested in single player, is that is where the G6 lives.  The plane will only have value in MP if you don't have a map to fly it on.

• Upvote 2

my favorite 109 amongst 109E7, 109F2, 109F4, 109G2, 109G14 and 109K4. Oops, as you can see, I like all of them, Im not the "there are 7 109's, just pick one and its enough" guy 😅

If germans called them

"Plane 1"

"Flying thing 200"

"Thing that flies 3000"

then people wouldn't complain at all. They just complain because their name is always "109", but there's a world of difference between them 🙄

Yeah, totally worth it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Red_Cat said:

But if you are not a 109 lover then it definitely ISN'T, especially if funds are short. I have it, and I've never flown it, although all of the other 'Collector' planes have been used extensively.

That's why i've stated "if" you're a 109 lover.

Beeing a 109 lover and an italian too, i'm wainting also for G10, the best Gustav ever.

Edited by 150GCT_Veltro
  • Upvote 1

Battle of Kuban is 24.99 USD right now and the G-6 costs 19.99 USD.

The OP is concerend about avaliability of planes in MP servers.

Buying BoK instead of the G-6 is the much better investment and as soon as you have BoK, the G-6 is not really necessary and it's avaliability on MP servers will probably be more limited than that of the G-4 and Fw 190 A-5 which both come with BoK.

So no, the G-6 is not worth it for the OP.

I think we can all agree that the thing here is not so much if the G6 is worth it,  but the fact that you will probably get more out of buying BoK, or even BoM.

"Worth it" can be subjective. IF you really like the G6, is worth it. On a "isolated" from everything else mindset, the plane is beutifuly done, and diferent enough to other 109s to justify getting it. But as its name imply, is more or less for COLLECTING, if I where you, I would get BoS, BoM,BoK, even BoBp before going into collector planes. UNLES you really like that particular plane.

I payed full price for the fw190A3 back in the day, and is probably the plane I enjoyed most, was it worth $20 ?

Yes

Would have been smarter to get BoS premium and get fw190A3 and La5, definitely.

Edited by =FEW=fernando11

6 hours ago, Luftschiff said:

I really like the G-6, and have no regrets about purchasing it, but it's definitely the least interesting collector plane.

Since Kuban it's been the 190A-3, imo. The A-5 is just an A-3 with more toys and marginally worse turning (not nearly enough to change how you fly, though). The G-6 at least has those heavy duty rockets and the optional Mk108 in the nose

Is the G6 worth it? Hell yes! But not before you have bought BoM, BoS and BoK as premium versions. Buy the full modules first, especially when they are on sale for 25ish USD and then, only then buy the remaining collector items. They are called collectors for a reason and YaK-1B, La5-FN and 109-G6 are a special breed and represent the top of the line in 1943.

The thing with Collector Planes is that they are, by and large, extra options. You don't NEED a Bf109G-6 to enjoy Battle of Kuban. The G-4 is just fine. You don't NEED a Yak-1B Series 127 (the Yak-7B is very similar) but these are fun to have and so they serve the purposes of us wanting more aircraft and to the devs who get the money and live another day so that we can get more planes. Again, its not a charity but I think they do great work and I want to support them and if buying slightly expensive Collector Planes is the way to do it... I will.

If you feel $20 is expensive for the content (that's fine BTW), wait for a 50% off sale. I think $10 is good value for the money. I bought a wrap for lunch today and it cost me $10 :)

• Upvote 2

ALL of the extra/premium/collector planes are worth it. You’re enriching the content of your sim/adding options for yourself - and even if you never touch it your purchase helps insure more premium planes in the future...maybe the one you really do want.

Everyone should own the U2 and Ju-52 - otherwise don’t complain if your favorite collector aircraft wish never shows up.

I do understand household  financial realities - I don’t have unlimited disposable income either. 

• Like 3

The issue of value is down to the individual. Some would happily pay double for a collector plane. Others wouldn't pay half the current costs.

As far as any 109 goes. At the end of the day they all fly similar. Of course there are differences here and there. But essentially they are pretty much the same experience.

If I had a map to play them on I would buy both the Bf109 G-6 and La-5FN. But I only have Moscow & Stalingrad. The rest can wait for another pay day.

16 hours ago, InProgress said:

But it's only available for short time in kuban career (maybe it will be in bodenplatte?). 

That's not true - you can fly the G6 throughout the whole Kuban career, unless your squadron runs out of them, in which case replacements should arrive in a day or two.

27 minutes ago, Gretsch_Man said:

That's not true - you can fly the G6 throughout the whole Kuban career, unless your squadron runs out of them, in which case replacements should arrive in a day or two.

No, it's only available from the end of June 1943.

1 hour ago, LukeFF said:

No, it's only available from the end of June 1943.

Yeah, you're right - I totally forgot that I started my current Kuban career with the FW190-A5. :dash:

Oh well, but that still gives you a 3-months career in the G6.

I always will love the 109 F4 the most. But I have to admit when I got the g6 I fell in love with her.  The 30mm IMO is a must. Once you get the lead down with those mk108s youre a terror late war to the allies (in a 109 fw or whatever) and the mg151s hit nice and hard.  It may be the weakest performing 109 but its never felt noticeably weak to me flyong - in fact Ive always felt mucb more confident and aggressive than say in a G2.  By far for me the G2 is the weakest link of the 109 series and my most disliked.

It all comes down to opinions. I habe to agree here though buying Kuban premium would be your best choixe by far and a 109 as a collector plane shoyldnt be a high priority unless youre a big 109 fan.

For example Id buy a La5FN or Yak1B before the 109G6 if I didnt have any of them unless I knew Id wouldnt fly rhe red planes.  Why? Theyre different enough from other models of the same type from their family - more than the g6 is, and they add a significant increase in Allied capabilities in a war period they really need it.

(Arguably now tho allies are weakest at the moment late war. That wont change for the RedAF either) unless they add a collectors Yak9 or Yak3 or something.(id be elated with Yak3s)

Ya @Bilbo_Baggins i know you dont like me and the feelings recepirocal. Do you really need to make confused emotes and other shit for my posts?  How about you just ignore me like Ia sked and you said you would months ago when you accussed me of some stuff (btw you never acknowledged I proved u wrong you accused me of being a leech freelloader etc. I reploed Id give back and repay all those who helped me I posted an offer earlier this summer and messaged everyone. Id tell you not to be so judgenental but idc what u do as long as u stay away frm me)

Edited by Sublime
  • Confused 1