rowdyb00t

More Realistic Clouds (Updated 6-1-20)

7 hours ago, rowdyb00t said:

@DahnevJ , extreme settings will cause these. Switch to high setting and restart. I’m pretty sure this is the issue. 

Thank you so much, that fixed it. 

I’m going to assume everything is still running smooth? I sold my house so the p/c is in limbo for a bit. :biggrin:

• Like 1

I'm still not sure if I am getting the best from this mod. I am not seeing any towering CN clouds.

Here are my MODS:

settings.thumb.jpg.e9afab0f37a38f9e0bb74e3c127e1332.jpg

Here are my Graphics settings:

794479150_Settings2.thumb.JPG.d802b3fa74b11f89a1dcf8560f104645.JPG

This is Heavy clouds in-game:

923688338_Heavy2.thumb.jpg.73c67164722da775708623e2719d792b.jpg

Heavy-1.thumb.jpg.796be65e391fbac6c4bf1809766f2ad3.jpg

1662500635_Heavy3.thumb.jpg.9af56555c308a38c0a211ebcf7ef60f0.jpg

1589051412_Heavy4.thumb.jpg.80c4f25749da3692c811b6cebf48806b.jpg

This is overcast:

OC6.thumb.jpg.a40b7c09a38e26598290e0eec0e20a6c.jpg

OC5.thumb.jpg.83bbeafbf20324ee598b9219346aea9e.jpg

OC4.thumb.jpg.85eae645d1ac16e7b1097d838daa9d52.jpg

OC3.thumb.jpg.f9436a4e04f6cb5e0073bf07563a45f3.jpg

OC2.thumb.jpg.a2d800e1e2efd281cc7e214a3e743a36.jpg

OC-1.thumb.jpg.ae1aaf44fdca356f5b222a831286e9c6.jpg

Does this look right? I am just trying to get to a place where the CN clouds tower upwards as seen in some other screenshots but so-far I am failing miserably.

Thanks in advance for any advice, cheers, MP

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

@Mysticpuma

Sometimes the QMB will not always load the preset for the CN clouds. There are 10 different presets for each cloud option. It could be that it’s not being loaded with the cumulonimbus cloud option, I replaced three out of the ten presets in heavy clouds. Try setting your cloud height to below 1000 meters when selecting the heavy option. 

Edited by rowdyb00t
  • Upvote 1

When i try activate this mods:

Скрытый текст

dsdsd.jpg

during campaign "Ten Days of Autumn" second mission crashed with this error:

Скрытый текст

sdsd.jpg

Can someone help solve this problem?

1 hour ago, JG77-FluGb0t- said:

Can someone help solve this problem?

You need to download the cloud mod first. Version 12.1 / 12.1 Grey sky / 9.1 R3 or 9.1 R3 Grey sky. The reason is that the two modifications you have downloaded coincide with the cloud mod ( the Error is from Cumulonimbus ).

The base mod (mods) have multiple lightings and skydomes so that is your error. 
   Check the original post at the bottom for the detailed directions for installation. :salute:

• Thanks 1

Need help with this problem, it only appears in this one mission. I through I seen a issue like this in this forum but for the lift of me I can't seem to locate it.

Any way I have my mods for clouds in this order, Graphic Presets, Clouds V12.1_greysky and cumulonimbus and this is how they appear when sitting in cockpit on ground looking up from the cockpit. I should add that first they appear rich and normal, then after about 10 sec. this is what they change to.: ( see screen shot )

Clouds1.png

1 hour ago, rowdyb00t said:

The reason the clouds change after 10 seconds or so, is that the lighting catches up with the graphics after it loads.

Yeah, that happens to me all the time.  When I'm in the Mission Editor I always let the game "catch up" when I make weather changes.  I have found that true even without the mod.  it's the way the game works.

Edited by Beebop
  • Upvote 1

Just got to say, this is THE BEST mod for any flight sim I’ve every used. Our little flying group love what you’ve done :)

• Thanks 1

Hey gang, let me know if everything is working properly with this update. I’m unable to check at the moment thanks:salute:

@rowdyb00t
Will the clouds be compatible with the new haze? 
I remember you adjusted a few of the haze parameters in different weathers. Im wondering if it will override the new haze density settings.

36 minutes ago, hayraddin said:

@rowdyb00t
Will the clouds be compatible with the new haze? 
I remember you adjusted a few of the haze parameters in different weathers. Im wondering if it will override the new haze density settings.

Honestly I’m not sure, I haven’t been to the pc in a while now. I sold my home and am in the process of building a new house. Check to see if anything is unusual and let me know what you find. Thanks

Edited by rowdyb00t

Seemed to work fine in Quick Mission.

I am now resaving over 150 missions so further testing will be a while.

Default haze is the same as before. You now just have more options for mission building. So, it shouldn't really affect this mod in theory.

Jason

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

Default haze is the same as before. You now just have more options for mission building. So, it shouldn't really affect this mod in theory.

Jason

Thanks Jason 

So after the H U G E re-save required by the update the mod works just as good as ever.  No quirks or quarks.  (thank goodness)

Thanks guys for the replies. I got my pc at my parents house. I’m gonna have to fire it up soon and check out all the good stuff I’ve been missing :biggrin:

G'Day

I get weird results with CloudsV.12.1 and Cumulonimbus after the recent update to 4.501. Thin hazy clouds in heavy weather, not at all like it used to be.  Can anyone confirm ?

1 hour ago, Sowercrowd said:

G'Day

I get weird results with CloudsV.12.1 and Cumulonimbus after the recent update to 4.501. Thin hazy clouds in heavy weather, not at all like it used to be.  Can anyone confirm ?

Screenshots?

When you updated did you uninstall all your mods first?

I ask because if so, during the re-install did you install V12.1 then Cumulonimbus?

(mods are on right?)

Sorry for the "stupid" questions but, surprisingly enough, even I make mistakes. 😲  🤣  (like all the time) :dash:

9 hours ago, rowdyb00t said:

Screenshots?

No, but i'm inclined to think it must be some issue on my side.  I downloaded and installed BoX  on my new laptop after 4.501 came out.

So i did a couple of career missions with vanilla clouds, but even with ultimate presets they still look a little bit bland and then i remembered the clouds mod i had installed on my desktop pc. The funny thing is, i did a career mission and the clouds where there as expected, huge and epic, but then i got kicked out with RL business and i had to start the same mission again and then all the splendor was gone, only thin cirrus-like remains persisted.

8 hours ago, Beebop said:

When you updated did you uninstall all your mods first?

I ask because if so, during the re-install did you install V12.1 then Cumulonimbus?

(mods are on right?)

Sorry for the "stupid" questions but, surprisingly enough, even I make mistakes. 😲  🤣  (like all the time) :dash:

Yes, Mods on enabled. I installed everything with OVGME , and i'm sure i put the cumulonimbus after V12.1, but as i said, since no one else seems to have encountered this, it seems to be something faulty on my end.

When you installed you game on the laptop, where did you install it? 

If you have Windows 10 and installed the game in either Program Files or Program Files(x86) Windows may be blocking it. 

Try moving the game onto the "C\" drive or into a folder on the "C\" drive (I.e. 'Games').

22 hours ago, Sowercrowd said:

G'Day

Are they like my first 3 pics in this post? 

Even with multiple loads I am yeg to see any epic clouds 😭

21 hours ago, Beebop said:

When you installed you game on the laptop, where did you install it? 

If you have Windows 10 and installed the game in either Program Files or Program Files(x86) Windows may be blocking it. 

Try moving the game onto the "C\" drive or into a folder on the "C\" drive (I.e. 'Games').

Yes, i know this problem, BOX resides in it's own folder directly on C:Drive.

14 hours ago, Mysticpuma said:

Are they like my first 3 pics in this post? 

Even with multiple loads I am yeg to see any epic clouds 😭

I think the heavy weather in your first pic comes close to what i was seeing.

This issue has now become a more and more serious matter, i took another attempt with V.12.1 and the cumulonimbus enabled in career and when i wanted to finish the mission i suddenly got kicked out of BoX enviroment with at least 5 or 6 different error messages and the whole system was frozen, quite frightening, i couldn't even bring up task manager.

I presume it might be a rare conflict with this new laptop , missing runtimes or something driver related . There's only one different mod i have installed :

...could it be a conflict ? But then again, on my old desktop pc these mods worked flawlessly ...

@Sowercrowd

Could you post the error messages or what the say? This will help me figure out what’s going on. 

2 hours ago, Sowercrowd said:

There's only one different mod i have installed :

...could it be a conflict ?

That's a fairly old mod.  I stopped using it several updates ago because I was seeing things at a distance just fine.  I think there's been some tweaking of that by the Dev's along with other "improvements".  Could it be a conflict?  Maybe.  have you uninstalled it and seen if that helps?