Sign in to follow this  
dburne

Gaming Chair - Recommendations?

Hey gang,

I am looking to get a gaming chair, tired of using this old office chair which is not very comfortable.

Would sure appreciate any recommendations!

I have a Maxnomic Classic Pro model. I originally got it because they're compatible with MonsterTech mounts (I never did get the mounts though).  The chair has a price tag, but I can tell it will last for many years. Their chairs are available in different sizes to fit your height/weight. 

At first I regretted my purchase because any gaming session lasting longer than an hour would become extremely uncomfortable. After about a couple months I noticed I was no longer feeling any discomfort and realized the chair just needed to be broken in. Kind of like a good leather bicycle seat has to form to your sit bones. I now have zero complaints about the chair and am happy with my purchase.

I also like it because it looks professional, and not like a teenagers wet dream. 

Edited by Warpig

I bought the Bravo Red Mid-Sized Gaming Chair from Clutch Chairz last year and haven't regretted it. Great chair with adjustable armrests which is what I really needed.

Edited by WallysWorld

Anything that has wheels with a „lock“ option, or you‘ll end up pushing yourself back when working the pedals ;)

22 minutes ago, =FC=SteelFalcon said:

Anything that has wheels with a „lock“ option, or you‘ll end up pushing yourself back when working the pedals ;)

Lol yeah my current chair has wheels without a lock, definitely will make sure of that.

Some chairs have a default size of wheel „plugs“, so you can also fit wheels from other brands, but you really have to make sure the size is the same. 

Had to change my chairs default wheels to some with a lock, but different brand. The brand of my chair at that time did not offer wheels with a lock option.

3 hours ago, =FC=SteelFalcon said:

3 hours ago, dburne said:

Lol yeah my current chair has wheels without a lock, definitely will make sure of that.

The VKB T-Rudder pedals are a great choice to go with rolling chairs. I have a rolling chair on a wooden floor, and because of the up-down configuration of the T-Rudders, I have no issues keeping my chair in place. 

13 minutes ago, Warpig said:

The VKB T-Rudder pedals are a great choice to go with rolling chairs. I have a rolling chair on a wooden floor, and because of the up-down configuration of the T-Rudders, I have no issues keeping my chair in place. 

Yes I am sure that is better, but I won't part with my Crosswinds anytime soon - so locking wheels for me is what I will need.

;)

15 minutes ago, dburne said:

Yes I am sure that is better, but I won't part with my Crosswinds anytime soon - so locking wheels for me is what I will need.

Would never change my crosswinds either.  So wheel locks especially on wooden floor is needed. Or a very thick mat (door mat or whatever) to stop you from moving the chair. I temporarily used an anti slip mat from a car until the wheels with lock arrived :) 

I bought a car chair from the car scrap. Mounted it to some wooden frame and I have the best PC chair ever for less than 25 euro's.

Car chairs are made to sit on for a long time.

I hope you find whatever you need, but you should, at least, consider the car chair possibility.

4 minutes ago, Bando said:

I bought a car chair from the car scrap. Mounted it to some wooden frame and I have the best PC chair ever for less than 25 euro's.

Car chairs are made to sit on for a long time.

I hope you find whatever you need, but you should, at least, consider the car chair possibility.

:good:

Nice!

However I am not quite that innovative, but thanks much for the suggestion.

Still mulling over my choices.

If you handy with tools I recommend going to your local auto wrecker and purchase a front car seat it's cheap and easy ! I'm running an audi seat ! and adapting it however you see fit is very easy  

Obutto R3volution works perfectly with MFG Crosswinds if you install Crosswinds with MFG width adjustment plates.

I know because I have this combination and there is no problem at all. :happy:

Very much appreciate the feedback guys!

At this time I am really just looking for the chair - continuing to check out various options.

Thanks for all the input!

good news, i didn't realise this was possible. thanks!

i found some more info about the width adjustment plates here:

https://mfg.simundza.com/blog/volair-sim-obutto-r3volution-compatibility-with-wap-addon-from-mfg/

On 9/2/2019 at 8:25 AM, hsthhsth said:

Obutto R3volution works perfectly with MFG Crosswinds if you install Crosswinds with MFG width adjustment plates.

I know because I have this combination and there is no problem at all. :happy:

Edited by guidom
added link with further info about MFG width adjustment plates