Sign in to follow this  
II./JG77_motoadve

First account Pilot physiology, The Big show

Well anything that hopefully levels the playing field in my eyes is a good idea.

Watching an in game player just yanking either going up/down up/down within seconds or doing the usually inverted neg G manoeuver might demonstrate that the frame can handle the loading, but not a pilot.    

However, the next big thing post pilot physiology would be to add anthropomorphic controls as these surely go together?

Regards

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Haza said:

add anthropomorphic controls

I remember when this option was added to the original IL2.  No one ever used it.  It was a total waste of development time.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

I remember when this option was added to the original IL2.  No one ever used it.  It was a total waste of development time.

Actually, I think it was CloD.  But the waste of time assessment is spot on.

3 minutes ago, BraveSirRobin said:

Actually, I think it was CloD.  But the waste of time assessment is spot on.

Well now it’s been removed. So there.

Actually I would sooner see the physiology applied to the gunners, especially the Pe-2 gunners!

Of course gents, anything that makes the sim harder or perhaps a little bit more realistic is a waste of time!?

I guess that is what will separate those who want a sim and those who are content for an arcade game!

Just now, BlitzPig_EL said:

BPE?

Are you implying that the devs are wasting their time on this physiology development?

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Haza said:

BPE?

Are you implying that the devs are wasting their time on this physiology development?

Actually, I think he's referring to the text that he quoted.

Just now, BraveSirRobin said:

Actually, I think he's referring to the text that he quoted.

The word I used was implying!

I'm saying that anthropomorphic control is a waste, not proper G modeling for the pilot.  And it was tried in the original IL2 way back in the day.  The vast majority of "pilots" hated it, and it died an ugly, and well deserved death.

Just now, BlitzPig_EL said:

I'm saying that anthropomorphic control is a waste, not proper G modeling for the pilot.  And it was tried in the original IL2 way back in the day.  The vast majority of "pilots" hated it, and it died an ugly, and well deserved death.

OK, thank you for that clarification!

The way I read your answer I thought that you were also perhaps suggesting that this proposal (physiology) was also a waste of time!

Edited by Haza

No no, that is a GOOD idea.  Better black out and red out are really needed.

• Upvote 2

only one of many steps needed to stop a yak from cranking a 13G turn at the merge, dropping his flaps and hanging on his prop at 60 knots while hit pulls the nose up past critical A0A  with complete control for a split second so he can shoot his recoil-less doom cannon at you and snipe your engine from 1000m back.

Man I want one of those yaks !!!!  Who has one ? cause I sure haven't seen one or flown one in this series!

• Upvote 1

On 8/26/2019 at 10:50 AM, =AVG77=Mobile_BBQ said:

What about the sheer arrogance of believing one is part of the champion army of a superior race? 

lol irl :)

On 8/27/2019 at 6:51 PM, [CPT]Crunch said:

Nope, like in IL-2 BOX where it's currently impossible to black out in a 109 under any condition using stick.  Training wheels.

I blacked out a G6 just today.

10 minutes ago, hrafnkolbrandr said:

I blacked out a G6 just today.

Did you use stabilizer? I've never blacked out in a 109 unless using stabilizer or flaps and even then it's difficult to blackout.

Edited by Legioneod

46 minutes ago, Legioneod said:

Did you use stabilizer? I've never blacked out in a 109 unless using stabilizer or flaps and even then it's difficult to blackout.

Yeah I definitely wasn't trimmed for anything close to level flight.

I wonder how the many variables will be calculated to give the result.

And to be realistic would it also factor in things like war weariness, or that it is your millionth sortie for the day (summing up Germanies desperate situation towards the end) ,

or even be modeled so that the more sorties you fly online the less energy your in game pilot has, therefore prompting those who normally fly only fighters to do some bomber sorties?

For me there many arguments for and against.

Some would argue for example that Western Allied pilots had g-suits during the war (I think started to be rolled out  in 1942 but happy to be corrected) so would have a higher G  tolerance

The counter argument is that for example the pilot seat of the 109 gives an increase in g resistance, so that balances out not having a g suit,

The argument in regards to stick forces causing fatigue again has the issue of,

Aircraft stick forces being lighter therefore giving you less energy drain,

Versus pilots who are used to the high stick forces and who exercise to strengthen muscles and increase stamina (meaning that you lose energy at a slower rate than you "normally" should for an aircraft like the BF 109).

As well as pressurized cockpits versus non-pressurized cockpits for flights at altitude.  

And as already been mentioned Adrenalin will enable you to pull out of a dive in real life,  that your fatigue level on paper says is impossible.

Fingers crossed it works out, and doesn't drain the developers resources. 

Edited by novicebutdeadly

The biggest problem from the anthropomorphic controls as I remember it was that if you had a controller with any jitters at all the game will read that as your one whole arm being busy. For example, if your controller that controls your prop pitch moves up and down by even a percent occasionally even if you don't touch it, the game would assume your hand was on the pitch control and not allow you to do anything else on that side of the cockpit. Suddenly you can't change your throttle, trim, or anything else because your one controller has very minor spikes and the game constantly thinks your hand is busy on that one control. 

• Upvote 2