Sign in to follow this  
Rick_Rawlings

BF 109 PWCG COOP Campaign

Posted (edited)

We're back! So literally nothing changed in our setup yet somehow we can see each other again. And fortunately when we... Did I say fortunately? Of course I meant unfortunately, we lost our LaGG 3 campaign in the process! While we were totally having fun either getting hosed every mission or not even being able to catch up to the enemy, such is the fate of all digital lives: de-rezzing... (END OF LINE!)

Anyway, this is just a getting back in the cockpit flight to re-acquaint ourselves with a plane with no buttons to push (didn't even rain...)

Edited by Rick_Rawlings

Posted (edited)

In this round, we are attacked by at least four enemy shortly after taking off. I mange to clear Brenged's tail after some glom onto him and then he manages to clear mine from three enemies, but not before I am hit pretty badly. We do manage to mix it up a bit before my engine seizes and I have to drop down in a field. Brenged holds on longer and manages to disengage and land to complete our (failed!) mission...

Edited by Rick_Rawlings
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

'Battling Brenged' and 'Roust 'Em Up Rawlings' are at it again!!

Edited by Raptorattacker

You know that armored headrest you always take out to improve your rearward view? Turns out it only helps out if you actually look back there at the right time...who 'uolda thunk?

• Like 2

Ha! Ha! Brenged sounds brilliant on his way down under the parachute. He sounds like Bob Ross!! Paint With Brenged. Did you actually find out what it was that head-shot you?

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Raptorattacker said:

Did you actually find out what it was that head-shot you?

No, but I think it was a bullet. :rofl:   OK, that was pretty bad. But, at least Rick Rawlings Jr. is on the scene to avenge his father! (Who has now been retconned to have been a WWI pilot pressed into service to help on the Russian front but had not kept up with his piloting and was sorely out of practice...) Go Junior!

Edited by Rick_Rawlings
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

JuniorRR!! GRRRR!! Good stuff. Hey, have you got Flying Circus? I've seen yer WW1 stuff on YouTube but I don't believe I've seen any FC footage. It's coming on great, despite not having as many planes as RoF. I like it a LOT meself. So much so I eventually uninstalled RoF to conserve space. Eagerly awaiting the finished article/map etc...

ps The good thing about dem 109's is the amount of lead they carry, don't you agree? It makes a pleasant change being able to 'spray without praying' (for your bullets not to run out!!

pPs ... and yes, that was a terrible and ungodly joke in response to a genuine and heartfelt question of concern from a fellow WW1 veteran who's children and grandchildren all fly big jet things!! :angry:;)

Edited by Raptorattacker

23 hours ago, Raptorattacker said:

JuniorRR!! GRRRR!! Good stuff. Hey, have you got Flying Circus? I've seen yer WW1 stuff on YouTube but I don't believe I've seen any FC footage. It's coming on great, despite not having as many planes as RoF. I like it a LOT meself. So much so I eventually uninstalled RoF to conserve space. Eagerly awaiting the finished article/map etc...

ps The good thing about dem 109's is the amount of lead they carry, don't you agree? It makes a pleasant change being able to 'spray without praying' (for your bullets not to run out!!

pPs ... and yes, that was a terrible and ungodly joke in response to a genuine and heartfelt question of concern from a fellow WW1 veteran who's children and grandchildren all fly big jet things!! :angry:;)

No, not yet. I am still not fully on board with the whole 1C/777 thing after the development cycle of RoF and how the single player experience sort of fizzled for the whole "Buy this shiny new plane" experience. The career mode of BoX has mollified me somewhat but the whole jury-rigged coop career mode doesn't have me fully on board for a full-price purchase. Will almost certainly get it at some point, just maybe on sale...

So here is another minor setback in the plan...

Turns out Brenged was also a former WWI veteran who is a bit out of place in the new war environment. Fortunately, I feel that he has a son who will be along directly to avenge him!

Edited by Rick_Rawlings
  • Like 1

So, JuniorRR and Brenged Minor to be seen in the skies over Eastern Europe then eh? I look forward to it with barely concealable  anticipation!!

ps Whilst their Elders sit at homebase in rickety wicker chairs reminiscing of past victories and drinking copious amounts of best schnapps...

pPs "My plane, as usual, flies better when I'm not in it"... I love it! A sad story all round I'd say. Have the welts calmed down yet?!

Edited by Raptorattacker

I know, if my plane could just shoot by itself, it would surely be an ace by now... Anyway, even though we have been sucking it up lately, I think with the arrival of Brenged  junior, we have finally turned the corner and have the team that is going to go on and win the war for the Germans! Oh, wait, maybe that's not such a good idea...

Edited by Rick_Rawlings
  • Like 1

You can always call on the services of Cousins Rawlings and Brenged, surely? The Red Tide COULD be reinvigorated!!

Well, the Rawlings and Brenged families are more extensive than most people think. Some people say the even extend into the future and the far-flung regions of space! :good:

From Genghis Khan to Darth Maul eh?! 

Brenged Khan and Darth Rawlings... :)

...And we are briefly back. Where have we been? Well, all I will say is that Elite:Dangerous is a giant black hole of time suck +400. It's not that any one thing takes that long, but you string a bunch of little things together and four hours have passed... Anyway, we were therefore good and out of practice when we jumped in the cockpits as you will well observe from the (mercifully off-camera) results. Fortunately, the clans are large as I mentioned before and I am sure a cousin will soon materialize!

Edited by Rick_Rawlings
  • Like 1

The Rise (and Fall) of Ferdinand Brenged The Great, or, Why Do I Keep Blacking Out So Much?

No, seriously, why do I keep blacking out so much? Cool effect, but, damn! Anyway, looks like it's time for a new 'brenged' related name...we will entertain all entries!

Edited by Rick_Rawlings
  • Like 1

The more you black out, the more you WILL black out. It's the physiology of it. It's 'wear and tear' on the pilot.

As far as names go, have you visited the Welsh faction yet? I have it on good authority that there are a few members of the clan Brenged who demonstrated exceptional valour in the conflict. Captain Bryn Gedd was a MORE than capable pilot in his day I'm told... just putting it out there..

.3328f81f3ebb13cf24633dbe0e2fa0aa.thumb.jpg.704e7f3d78b3c438355e28ca9b7611c2.jpg

There's Bryn standing proudly at the back with his brothers and Old Ma Gedd in front of him...

Edited by Raptorattacker

Nice! I will run it by Brenged's user, but we may have to wait for a non-German career for it to make sense. (As much as anything we do makes sense, anyway!)

• Like 1

So for today's video we have a special guest star: Ace Pilto! In poor form, he showed both Brenged and I up by surviving as we both bought it! :lol: Seriously, it was great fun and we look forward to doing it again, once Brenged and I think of new pilot names...

Edited by Rick_Rawlings
  • Like 1