Sign in to follow this  
ACG_Flyby

Devs, regarding the displayed map in expert mode

Posted (edited)

Is there any chance (or interest) is reducing the size of the map so it leaves the pilot a view of the outside world he's flying in? I've found the full screen map to be a bit of a hindrance, and akin to raising a map up to one's face while driving a  car. Some guys are using tablets or other monitors to display the map, but not everyone has that setup.  Maybe make the mini-map available in expert mode? Need a bit more convenience in navigating the front.

thank you,

Flyby out

Edited by ACG_Flyby
  • Upvote 2

afaik, that is not up to the devs, but the respective server owners (or, those who set the servers up). the ability to just have a small part of the map displayed (minimap) is definitely there.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, EpeeNoire said:

the ability to just have a small part of the map displayed (minimap) is definitely there.

Having the map block your entire view is more realistic image.png.7b01e43163c5445f98b8d2d45a731a8d.png

14 hours ago, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

you can make it transparent I think.

Yes you can. It helps. 

Launch game on Steam then shift+tab, open Steam browser and il2 mission planner. Adjust Steam browser window. Shift+tab every time to ser map. Steam overlat is translucid.

hello guys,

Sorry to be late in acknowledging your replies. I was wondering why I received no email notifications. I will check my settings.

I don't have the Steam variant of the sim. I bought my copy from the 1C store. So I take it any Steam adjustment is out of the question? I'll look into exploring possibilities within the server. Do I understand that the full-screen map can (or cannot) be made a bit translucent?

thank you again for replying.

Flyby out  

to make it transperent go in settings-flight interface and there you can adjust it