Jump to content
III/JG52_Lothar29

CH Pro Pedals change for Logitech Saitek Pro Peddals

Recommended Posts

The fact is that until a few hours ago, I had the CH pro pedals as a device for the rudder and brakes, but I bought the Saitek pro peddals, which are now Logitech. When I enter the simulator, I don't recognize the axes, as if my pedals didn't exist. Could someone clarify what I am doing wrong?

 

I have uninstalled the old CH pro pedals

 

Help Please!! no understand nothing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, III/JG52_Lothar29 said:

The fact is that until a few hours ago, I had the CH pro pedals as a device for the rudder and brakes, but I bought the Saitek pro peddals, which are now Logitech. When I enter the simulator, I don't recognize the axes, as if my pedals didn't exist. Could someone clarify what I am doing wrong?

 

I have uninstalled the old CH pro pedals

 

Help Please!! no understand nothing

Some quick questions to rule some things out.

1. Are the pedals recognized by Windows? Can you test them there?
2. Does Saitek have any software or drivers you have to install? Have you installed them?
3. Do your other input devices continue to work? Are your CH pedals still plugged into the computer? Maybe its getting confused.
4. Do you have other games that use devices like this where you could see if they are recognized there?
5. Are you using any kind of keymapping software like Joy2Key or something like that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, RedKestrel said:

Some quick questions to rule some things out.

1. Are the pedals recognized by Windows? Can you test them there?
2. Does Saitek have any software or drivers you have to install? Have you installed them?
3. Do your other input devices continue to work? Are your CH pedals still plugged into the computer? Maybe its getting confused.
4. Do you have other games that use devices like this where you could see if they are recognized there?
5. Are you using any kind of keymapping software like Joy2Key or something like that?

1-windows recognizes the new pedals perfectly.

2-Pedal drivers Installed and working perfectly.

3-the other pedals have been removed correctly and uninstaled drivers.

4-Rise of Flight and DCS recognize the new pedals perfectly

5-I dont?t usually use third-party programs

 

Il-2 2019-08-21 20-06-05.jpg

 

accept or not key locks, it is not accepted and is still not recognized in Bos. no understand this..

Edited by III/JG52_Lothar29

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, III/JG52_Lothar29 said:

1-windows recognizes the new pedals perfectly.

2-Pedal drivers Installed and working perfectly.

3-the other pedals have been removed correctly and uninstaled drivers.

4-Rise of Flight and DCS recognize the new pedals perfectly

5-I dont?t usually use third-party programs

 

Il-2 2019-08-21 20-06-05.jpg

 

accept or not key locks, it is not accepted and is still not recognized in Bos. no understand this..

So, when you go into the keybindings in the sim, you are unable to assign the rudder to the pedal axis? Or does it allow you to set the axis to the rudder, but it just doesn't work in flight?
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, RedKestrel said:

So, when you go into the keybindings in the sim, you are unable to assign the rudder to the pedal axis? Or does it allow you to set the axis to the rudder, but it just doesn't work in flight?
 

Just does nothing. 

the problem is solved.

this is the solution.

1-C or your disc or ssd:\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Great Battles\data\input

2-inside the input, there is a file called "devices.txt" inside it look like this.

input-devices.thumb.jpg.173b3705e258a9e6cdbf370adc083306.jpg

in my case i had to erase the pedals that i didn't want to use. CH PRO PEDALS. you delete the line

 

and start the simulator, go to control settings, bualaaa!!! :) i'm very happy ;)

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, III/JG52_Lothar29 said:

Just does nothing. 

the problem is solved.

this is the solution.

1-C or your disc or ssd:\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Great Battles\data\input

2-inside the input, there is a file called "devices.txt" inside it look like this.

input-devices.thumb.jpg.173b3705e258a9e6cdbf370adc083306.jpg

in my case i had to erase the pedals that i didn't want to use. CH PRO PEDALS. you delete the line

 

and start the simulator, go to control settings, bualaaa!!! :) i'm very happy ;)

 

 

Glad you figured it out. I'm going to have to tag this thread or something so that if it ever happens to me I know how to fix it.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry I'm late in spotting this, yes devices.txt can create all sorts of problems... e.g removing/changing hardware, or just unplugging usual hardware and re-plugging in a different USB port. This has been reported many times on the BMS forums. Glad you are sorted Lothar, and sorry you had to faf around for so long.

 

Regards

 

fubar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This pop up I am now certain is part of my problem.

 

The Support team have yet to respond to my problem report of 6 days ago.

 

Will attempt to get an answer how I should react to the pop up if I get it again when I do a reinstall in 4 weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/21/2019 at 7:34 PM, III/JG52_Lothar29 said:

Just does nothing. 

the problem is solved.

this is the solution.

1-C or your disc or ssd:\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Great Battles\data\input

2-inside the input, there is a file called "devices.txt" inside it look like this.

input-devices.thumb.jpg.173b3705e258a9e6cdbf370adc083306.jpg

in my case i had to erase the pedals that i didn't want to use. CH PRO PEDALS. you delete the line

 

and start the simulator, go to control settings, bualaaa!!! :) i'm very happy ;)

 

 

 

@pilotpierre

 

See Lothars post above, it should cure your problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

USB and joystick etc. Windows 10 problems:

 

Yep; indeed a must do for windows 10: Power Management for USB hubs OFF in Device Manager.

Power options, as mentioned, don't forget the processor state setting though:

 

preferred windos 10 power settings.jpg

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Now somehow i get the feeling these settings made in Windows by you, get screwed by windows update, so i use the free tool 'Windows 10 Update Switch' to turn that off once and for all, Windows home and pro at least turns it on again when turned off manually by you. Without permissions from you to do so.

 

I regularly empty out unused USB drivers (always there when you used a USB stick, external drive, etc and are left behind) with USBdeview.

Eventual ID changes you can set back with JoyID.exe.

 

Mostly that fixes it, but i use Windows 10 LTSB 2016, you'll need to update with ONLY the essential security stuff, and seems to be very stable and fast with my outdated i7 920 system.

 

Edited by jollyjack
correction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...