Sign in to follow this  
Sublime

Interesting thought.. P38s and 51s

Posted (edited)

I know some will say Jugs would work too(they would) or work better.  But the 38s range and my love for it has captured my imagination for this.

What 8f squads did 8 to 4 ratios and bombed and rockted all 12 planes up.  8 would be p51s 4 p38s. Say airfield attack. No air opposition everyone goes in, the mustangs make one pass then cap. The p38s go till bingo or damage. If bounced the p51s fight and 38s go on to bomb. This seems like itd be an effective H/K group

Edited by Sublime
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

I know some will say Jugs would work too(they would) ornwork better.  Butbthe 38s range and my love for it has captured my imagination for this.

Whatvif squads did 8 to 4 rstios and bombed and rocmeted all 12 planes up.  8 would ve p51s 4 p38s. Say airfiels attack. No air opposition everyone goes in, the mustangs make one pass then cap. The p38s go till bingo or damage. If bounced the p51s fight and 38s go on to bomb. This seems loke itd be an effective H/K group

Could you please go back and retype this in English? 😋

Edited by pfrances
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7
  • Upvote 5

there is not many groups that can do this effectivly online, but its posible even if you go with 110s and 109s, or f8s and g14s, and il2s and yaks, Tempests and Spits... and so on insted 38s and 51s.

If you have 8 fighters protecting 4 ground attackers, and all is well cooordinated without confusion ( thats most tricky thing that usealy dont work ) then its best way to close objectives on any server, but in practice it dosent work as intended from my expiriance.

10 hours ago, Sublime said:

I know some will say Jugs would work too(they would) or work better.  But the 38s range and my love for it has captured my imagination for this.

What 8f squads did 8 to 4 ratios and bombed and rockted all 12 planes up.  8 would be p51s 4 p38s. Say airfield attack. No air opposition everyone goes in, the mustangs make one pass then cap. The p38s go till bingo or damage. If bounced the p51s fight and 38s go on to bomb. This seems like itd be an effective H/K group

Are you and your friends not doing this already? Are you using TS or Discord to coordinate? My friends and I do this regularly with 109's and 110's. A big factor in making it work, is knowing the people you fly with. We have been flying together for quite a bit and know how we work together. But this still does not negate the AAA factor. Even when trying to draw fire so someone else can hit the guns, inevitably, someone takes a hit. Sometimes they can continue, other times they have to RTB or are even killed. It really can be a "roll of the dice" so to speak.

The greatest benefit of the P-38 will be it's potency as fighter after the initial attack. The 110 does well in a dogfight, but the P-38 should be far superior. One caveat though, the P-38 will not have the benefit of a "rear gunner radar station" to alert you and your friends to any unseen bandits. ;)

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Well Im trying to find some people to fly with

I never hada headset until recently - which is more common in this community srs discord or? I presume i get the addy frm server?

That sounds like a lot of fun though let me know if you guys need amother body

Edited by Sublime

18 hours ago, pfrances said:

Could you please go back and retype this in English? 😋

I find it interesting that native English people are less capable to read this than me

• Upvote 1

Back in the day, the. BlitzPigs used the Ki-61 in that manner.  It was a very good "blitz bomber" and could defend itself quite well.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, LuseKofte said:

I find it interesting that native English people are less capable to read this than me

I'd wager the comment was born from seeing so many non-native speakers go to great effort here to post in English, you just would like to see better from "one of your own".  

;)

Edited by Stoopy
Added smiley face so's to better indicate tone of reply. ,;-)
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, LuseKofte said:

I had no problem with it either.Shrug.

On 8/21/2019 at 12:55 PM, Sublime said:

I think the Jugs would work as well or better. The benefit for the P-38 will be the nose mounted guns and 20mm cannon concetrating the fire. That will make strafing much more destructive and you'll be able to suppress AA at longer range due to the lack of convergence.

Of course, attacking an airfield with good AA defense will still be extremely difficult and IRL coming around for a second pass almost always resulted in severe casualties. If you can target AA on the way in or coordinate dragging you could pulverize a target.

It might work better with two separate groups on separate channels, each channel having 4 P-51s and two P-38s. With twelve guys on chat it migth get a little crowded unless everyone knows each other. 

7 hours ago, LuseKofte said:

The web site does do spell Czech.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Rjel said:

The web site does do spell Czech.

Although the grammar could use a bit of Polish.

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, RedKestrel said:

I had no problem with it either.Shrug.

I think the Jugs would work as well or better. The benefit for the P-38 will be the nose mounted guns and 20mm cannon concetrating the fire. That will make strafing much more destructive and you'll be able to suppress AA at longer range due to the lack of convergence.

Of course, attacking an airfield with good AA defense will still be extremely difficult and IRL coming around for a second pass almost always resulted in severe casualties. If you can target AA on the way in or coordinate dragging you could pulverize a target.

It might work better with two separate groups on separate channels, each channel having 4 P-51s and two P-38s. With twelve guys on chat it migth get a little crowded unless everyone knows each other. 

Id normally agree wholeheartedly.  But the P38 and 51 are still unknowns and as unlikely as it is they may end up performing as well as they did IRL which would make them better than Jugs.  Plus they probably are better at low alt too? 

It just seemed a fun idea

If certain aspects of engines and damage was modelled orrectly the P47 would be utter necessity because the radial engine.

No no no, the BEST way to win is to fill the sky with F2bs and overwhelm the enemy with sheer numbers!

• Upvote 1

On 8/22/2019 at 12:12 PM, Stoopy said:

I'd wager the comment was born from seeing so many non-native speakers go to great effort here to post in English, you just would like to see better from "one of your own".  

;)

Meh it happens - either not post or post using what I have at hand. Which means a cellphone on a subway

its all greek to me anyway