Jump to content

Interesting new Nvidia drivers


Recommended Posts

This will be very interesting for the feeling of "presence". Pre-rendered frames for VR to 3, as many have used it, increased the latency and decreased feeling of presence dramatically, even if it smoothed out framerate. That's why I always opposed it.

 

This week I will try this ultra low latency, which is basically JiT for pre-rendered frames and thus less than 1, and compare it to pre-rendered frames to 3.

 

 

Thanks for posting that newsitem, I had missed it! 😀👌

 

 

 

P.S. I like how everyone is going RayTracing now. The big topic on GamesCom, and all AAA titles, finally. I first thought this tech would be something redundant, but I was wrong. Ever since I've seen it in action, I consider it a game-changer in graphics. It's totally crazy when seen in motion when compared to the old, flickery shadows and artificially placed brightness. If we got this as an option into IL-2, the graphics would easily jump a thousand miles ahead of DCS and their current state.

Edited by SCG_Fenris_Wolf
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, No_85_Gramps said:

The driver set-up is being corrected and should be available soon. The one that had been available was installing GeForce Experience even if you told it not to.

 

Ah good to know, I do not want  GFE so glad it was not available.

 

Thanks,

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, II./JG77_motoadve said:

Low latency mode, which is recommended for VR?

 

I'm not sure that it does anything with VR since there is another setting "Virtual Reality pre-rendered frames".  The lowest I can set there is "1", not "0" or "Ultra".  But I went ahead and set Low Latency Mode to "Ultra" anyway for non VR stuff..

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I also noticed that the VR pre-rendered frames are on a seperate menu. If it's no overwrite, and thus not intended for VR, that'd be sad. I was hoping for a quicker signal with less latency.

I can test it today evening. Also interested in the Sharpen Filter - which is called up via the nvidia overlay though. I doubt that'll work properly in VR. Hope to still flick it on using the mirror, and see an effect in the HMD

Edited by SCG_Fenris_Wolf
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep... will let this one baking a little bit more to see what others are experiencing. From what I've read so far on Reddit and nVidia forums, it's a no go.

For those above who already installed and tested it on IL-2, is it any better?

Edited by jokerBR
Link to post
Share on other sites

I use pimax 5k+
After using the new driver, it feels that the 72hz is almost the same as the 90hz fluency (you only feel the difference when you traverse the head before using it)

The minimum detectment came from 50 to more than 60 (in air combat)

I think this will help, although I hope he can improve the usage rate.... (When the pressure is insufficient, the display card will not be used with maximum power, and must be given some pressure, such as super color to around 4096, when I use it When steam vr50% pimax 1.25, the usage rate is only up to 60%)

However, when the usage rate is around 60%, it will still be detected. It is obvious that the remaining 40% is not fully utilized.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My humble Pimax 8K testing found nice improvement with FFR at high target resolutions, when Il2 ran stable.

 

Aggressive FFR now seems to be more of a step up with PiTool/Pimax than Balanced FFR.  I am not sure what effect latency has on VR and already had VR pre-rendered setting to 1 in prior drivers but I put Low Latency Mode to just On.

 

Where as I would be doing mid 30's to low 40 fps on Kuban at 6k x 6k (Normal FOV) target render resolution with Aggressive FFR on now it is in the 50's at the same settings.  A good improvement and with further VR development of Il2 expected, if FFR holds stable on Il2 and with no PP, things will be looking very good.  Especially with a new system build scheduled for late October.💥👍

Link to post
Share on other sites

Using a Rift CV1 with an RTX2070.  Set low-latency mode to ultra.

 

Initial impressions;  noticeably and pleasingly smoother.:biggrin:

 

I'm not sure if any of the new options available in GFE will apply to IL2 as it's not a supported game?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 8 months later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...