Jason_Williams

Need Special Beta Testers for Final Push

Hello Jason. Talon already mentioned us above, but I wanted to +1 his post and offer my services. Combat Box is a fairly popular server (when TAW isn’t running!) and I have been running it for 6 months now so I am familiar with running the server software. I’ve also done extensive Perl scripting to automate server management. I’d be happy to use the Combat Box hardware (8600K @ 4.8ghz) if necessary, but I also have a test server that can be used with a lower capacity.

As a pilot, I am heavily into VR. My rig is an 8086K @ 5.0ghz with an RTX 2080 and Oculus Rift S headset. No canted headset here unfortunately.

I’m happy to devote (probably double-digit) hours to testing each week, although sometimes my work schedule means I can’t fly for a couple of days here and there.

• Haha 1

Good luck to all those lucky users who get to check out the beta builds, I sadly have no extra time to devote. Wish everyone the best. Squash those bugs boys.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I can help with Flying Circus and Tank Crew.  I haven't bought Tank Crew yet, but my kid and I play the hell out of the panzer 3 and t34 included with Stalingrad.

Can also do VR.

Edited by hrafnkolbrandr

7 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

4. Virtual Reality - Need a few testers who have the latest VR gear and a strong machine built to handle VR. Especially need users who have the newer slanted screens. We are trying to support them, but they come with new challenges. Must LOVE VR flying!

I'd love to help out with some VR testing if you need it. Currently using the HP Reverb, so a new headset, and very high resolution, but no slanted screens sadly. System is fairly strong as well.

Best,

Klas

I would be more than happy to help test FC. I have some experience with both closed and open beta testing, including Ever Quest, America's Army, Mechwarrior: Living Legends, Mechwarrior Online, and Star Citizen.

Hope I can help in some way,  thanks for extending this opportunity to the community.

Deadmeat here, 

I can help with vr (vive, soon to be valve index, machine is high end as well) and flying circus.

I can also provide a server for testing purposes as well.

I can test and use the scientific way of doing it! Let me know

Great guys,

I will start to organize and assign everyone to a special team. Some of you may be assigned to more than one based on what you've written here.

There is still time for others to join if interested. Really need a group who is into tanks to test TC in MP heavily..

Jason

Posted (edited)

I am able to help in any of the areas but would submit for the VR section.  Our group only flies in VR and have been doing so for two years.  I have had a Rift, odyssey, Vice pro, Pimax 5k, and currently use the Valve index with slanted screens.  I have an I7 running a 2080ti.

I also beta tested for you when we did the 1918 offensive campaign in Rise of Flight... oh so many years ago.

I also fly in real life, as well as spent many years as mech infantry in the US Army.  (I was a platoon commander and maneuvered armored vehicles in formations)

-If you want some of us for group multiplayer TC 

WIS-Redcoat

WIS-ArthurBrown

WIS-Vain

Edited by WIS-Redcoat

HI Jason,

I'd be intererested in helping to test on the VR front - I play exclusively in VR. I currently have Rift CV1, so not one of the newer headsets, although I'm planning to upgrade in the near future.

Thanks!

Hey,

I volunteer to test for VR. I have the Pimax5K+ that has slanted screens offset by 10° for each eye. I'm an industrial engineer in real life, modded and betatested various titles since 2001, lived a year in Russia. IL-2's VR mode is a valued hobby beside family, and I'd love to help to improve it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I play IL-2 a few hours every day. Most times TC and FC.  No history in testing and only played WT and WOT.  I am making a tutorial on keybinding, first part is already on the forum. So I am available for testing TC controls also. I only play SP

Edited by pa4tim

I can help out with FC testing as well. Always be very passionate about WW1 aircraft since the Red Baron 1 days and played RB3d and RoF a lot over the years. Also used to be a QA analyst so I know quite a bit about testing.

Hello Jason,

Have pre-purchased Flying Core and BoBP.  and  a Pimax 8K VR user with above average system specs.

I am interested in helping to test any VR updates that improve Fixed Foreated Rendering on a RTX2080 as well as Canted VR Headset Compatibility.

More than able to follow directions and to give feedback. 

Also, thank you for the good news in that the newer style VR headsets are getting some attention.  So far my experimentation has shown that with FFR and ditching the need for PP, one can go a long way in getting image quality near that of monitors.  Be that I am alble to help or not, the up coming release news is a great step forward in Il2 immersion. 👍🤤

I've spoken with @Tyggz and @0rsum_Smellz, both of whom are veteran online tankers: I would be happy to form a 3 man Tank Crew with them if this is useful.

Our game times often coincide without any effort, and we communicate well together.

We are currently working cooperatively on two TC centred Il-2 community projects; online mission design with an emphasis on improving the tanking experience for normal difficulty / casual gamers and one to produce skins for larger armoured formations.

We want TC to be a great success, and possibly the first of many such titles in the genre.

• Upvote 2

Hi Jason

I'm very interested in helping test Tank Crew. I've been a tester for other companies in the past and have a very strong interest in WW2 armored combat.

I'm passionate about the Tiger and Sherman but also have a love for the T34 and Ferdinand.

3 hours ago, [1/KG]_Cathal_Brugha said:

I will work on FC.

Best comment here!! Direct speech:salute:.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I would like to participate in TC testing.

I am very passionate about any German tanks of ww2 and have multiple books on that topic.

Sadly I have no experience in testing.

Hello

C6 Squad could test Marshall and MP activities

We are French Squad with Dedicated server activities such New Guinea 43 campaign etc...

Contacts could be with C6-Zorkaiev, C6-Barda.

Personaly, i could test FC too. 

Posted (edited)
On 8/20/2019 at 6:50 PM, Jason_Williams said:

4. Virtual Reality - Need a few testers who have the latest VR gear and a strong machine built to handle VR. Especially need users who have the newer slanted screens. We are trying to support them, but they come with new challenges. Must LOVE VR flying!

I'm interested in testing VR. I think I am well aware of this aspect (and a some guys would be happy to have the appropriate version of the mod in the same time than the last IL2 bos release).

I have a Pimax 5K+ and I'm playing only in VR. I'm flying with the "C6" team, when I find the time.

Edited by lefuneste
  • Thanks 2

TC Please!

15 years in a 5veys Army as an infantry officer. My background has been primarily mechanized with the LAV platform, and I have been deployed. Very early retirement due to injury so now I spend an inordinate amount of time in front of the computer on BOX &TC

I would be happy to help in any way I could, I am enamoured with TC as it scratches a much needed itch in the AFV sim genre. 

26 minutes ago, lefuneste said:

I'm interested in testing VR. I think I am well aware of this aspect (and a some guys would be happy to have the appropriate version of the mod in the same time than the last IL2 bos release).

Hi,

Please note this line here from Jason post:  "You must also be able to follow directions and not make this a campaign for some issue you feel passionate about. This is about finding bugs so the sim works for everyone. "

Haash

• Thanks 1

2. Tank Crew - Especially MP and New Command Feature and AI improvements. Also, need someone to make video guides on TC features and content. Must LOVE tanks! 

I would like to test the new features

3. Air/Field Marshal Feature - Need a couple Squad-based groups or to test and learn how Marshal works and look for bugs. Must be able to and know how to host a test server (GUI based and Dserver) and have motivated wannabe Marshals willing to test this new important feature. You must be able to fly against another group in MP and give the Marshal feature a serious workout. Only experienced groups please apply. We have no time for training outside of the new feature. Must LOVE multiplayer! 

As operator of the TAW. Can we use the server for tests. When the TAW War is over. in about 2 months.

4. Virtual Reality - Need a few testers who have the latest VR gear and a strong machine built to handle VR. Especially need users who have the newer slanted screens. We are trying to support them, but they come with new challenges. Must LOVE VR flying!

I could also like to test VR. I own the Pimax 5k + & Valve Index. A powerful computer is available

1 hour ago, SYN_Haashashin said:

Hi,

Please note this line here from Jason post:  "You must also be able to follow directions and not make this a campaign for some issue you feel passionate about. This is about finding bugs so the sim works for everyone. "

Haash

Of course Yes. But as I made some "VR additional features" I am used to spend some time to search problem and glitches.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Murleen said:

HI Jason,

I'd be intererested in helping to test on the VR front - I play exclusively in VR. I currently have Rift CV1, so not one of the newer headsets, although I'm planning to upgrade in the near future.

Thanks!

And it turns out the Valve Index was back in stock today, so I should have that (with canted screens) next week...

I would like to test Tank Crew.

Only afraid about my English skills.

Video guides - No (because of my weak system - only something like PDF if you need it)

• Thanks 1

I'd love to help out with the VR testing, if you still need people! I currently use a Lenovo Explorer as my VR headset.

Specs: Ryzen 5 2600, GTX 1080, 16GB DDR4 2666

Hello @Jason_Williams

I would love to help with beta testing. I fly always in VR. I have an HTC Vive Pro and a Pimax 5K.  My specs are:

Ryzen 5 3600X

GTX 1080ti

16Gb ddr4 3200

I love First and Second World War history and planes , so whatever you need help with. I don’t do  multiplayer that often because I don’t have fast enough Internet out in the sticks.  I play about 8 to 10 hours a week however I could step it up a bit . :salute:

SCG would be interested in testing out Tank Crew.

• Upvote 4

I got time to test Flying Circus @Jason_Williams. Apart from skinning and working (at my PC) I could test for HOURS (and hours... and hours!).

Posted (edited)

Hello,  

I would  like to Help.

I could test. Tanks and also the ww1 stuff. 

Greetings 

Edited by KG_S_MrFies

Just gonna throw my Hat into the Ring again. I'm still on the Mailing List after all. I promise I'll behave this time.

Hi,

i have a strong rig and the valve index, rift s and the cv 1 , I would like to help and I have time to do that .

greetings from Germany 

I can test the tanks, I'm a former Leopard Tank commander (spent 12 years into them) 

I have pretty good knowledge about tanks and how they are working or supposed to.

My other Tank "games" are Steel Beast Pro (for my job) and Pro Pe at house...

My computer is quite good (i7 9700k@5.0Ghz - 1080Ti - 16Go RAM - SSD)

• Like 1