Jason_Williams

Need Special Beta Testers for Final Push

Everyone,

We have way too much content and new features to test in our final push to complete BOBP, FC1 and TC. So we need to expand our Beta Team and I need to form Special Teams to focus on certain things. I need  FRIENDLY and MOTIVATED individual volunteers and and Squadron-based groups who can focus very intently on specific items. You must also be able to follow directions and not make this a campaign for some issue you feel passionate about. This is about finding bugs so the sim works for everyone.

Please post in this thread if  you can devote several hours a week over the next few months for focused testing on one of the areas listed below. You will be tasked with testing that particular content or feature until final release. If you do a good job you can stay on when we move to our next Dev. Cycle. There will always be something to test.

1. Flying Circus - Especially the Arras Map, Planes and other content. Must LOVE WWI planes! 

2. Tank Crew - Especially MP and New Command Feature and AI improvements. Also, need someone to make video guides on TC features and content. Must LOVE tanks! 

3. Air/Field Marshal Feature - Need a couple Squad-based groups or to test and learn how Marshal works and look for bugs. Must be able to and know how to host a test server (GUI based and Dserver) and have motivated wannabe Marshals willing to test this new important feature. You must be able to fly against another group in MP and give the Marshal feature a serious workout. Only experienced groups please apply. We have no time for training outside of the new feature. Must LOVE multiplayer! 

4. Virtual Reality - Need a few testers who have the latest VR gear and a strong machine built to handle VR. Especially need users who have the newer slanted screens. We are trying to support them, but they come with new challenges. Must LOVE VR flying!

All of this work will be performed under STRICT NDA PROTOCOL. By agreeing to test you agree not to share any info with anyone outside of the Beta team. If you do you will be kicked out permanently.

If you are interested, simply post in this thread below. Do not send me PM about this, it will be ignored. If you represent a squad and your squad wants to test Marshal, post the squad name and the individual's names in this thread and I will reach out if I select your group.  

Not everyone who volunteers will be accepted, but I will try to take as many as I can while keeping the overall group manageable.

Jason

• Like 10
  • Upvote 4

Posted (edited)

Hello, My squadron (La Fundación) would be interested to participate in the Marshal Feature testing. We are based in Spain.

We have our own dedicated server and can fly on GMT times.

From 3 to 8 people.

We would like to help

@LF_akai @LF_VictoriSV @LF_icat @Psyrion @LF_Senet @-=PHX=-SuperEtendard

Kind regards,

Manu

Edited by LF_Gallahad
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Hi Jason

I am a longtime VR pilot with a Rift S who is also a leader of a small squad & one of the admins of Combat Box, the most popular North America hosted server

@Alonzo the other admin is a member of the squad, also a VR pilot. Our VR-using squad members include @Mordrac, @haluter, @Jakerthesnak, @=GEMINI=marbessi, @=GEMINI=loperto, @=GEMINI=IngegnerTommy, and a few others.

I propose we test Air Marshal on a Combat Box subserver with all our missions - in VR! 😉

Edited by Talon_
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

Posted (edited)

Hello good morning;

I am very interested in joining Tank Crew testing, I own the DLC.

I can help you making guides in spanish for spanish comunity. Also in traslating things to spanish.

I was tech moderator in WarThunder for 4 years, testing all kind of vehicles. Also I am electromechanic tecnician allways worked with heavy machinery. In army I drove a SK-105 Kurassier.

Hope I can join!!

Edited by -332FG-becharita
  • Upvote 1

Hi. I can give it a go. FC and air marshal specialy... And I'm guessing at least some of the =FEW= should be up to it too. I Will let them know right now

Posted (edited)

Some of my Squad mates would be happy to help test Air Marshall if required or other testing.

6./ZG26_Gielow 

6./ZG26_Klaus_Mann

6./ZG26_Loke 

The only problem is I don't have a hosted server but would be willing to team up with other groups.

Edited by 6./ZG26_Custard

Posted (edited)

We can help you with air marshalling, and we have our server to help you.

Edited by -[HRAF]BubiHUN
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

I´d love to help with air marshall with @LF_Gallahad & CO. MP is where it is at for me.
I don´t have FC yet but that can change soon ^^.

Edited by Psyrion
  • Like 1

Hi

me and at least two sqad mates from =69.GIAP= would be willing to help you with Flying Circus testing.

=69.GIAP=VLADI

Posted (edited)

I'd definitely have the time to help with the FC testing.

I'm an individual flyer

Edited by TheOldCrow

Posted (edited)

I dont know whether to reply here as I already replied in the tester forum. I would volunteer for air marshall testing. Also other members of the squad black witch, black bart and 56RAF_Boot  had volunteered to assist us. They have been involved with flight sims since 1990 (they had to pay to fly online back then).

Edited by 56RAF_Stickz
spelling

I would be happy to test the flying circus stuff if I can help in any way!

I would love to help with FC testing. Would like to know how strict the testing calendar is in terms of providing feedback, so I can live up to your expectations, and what system requirements are considered minimum for the test results to be meaningful (my machine is a few years old).

16 minutes ago, Talon_ said:

Hi Jason

I am a longtime VR pilot with a Rift S who is also a leader of a small squad & one of the admins of Combat Box, the most popular North America hosted server

@Alonzo the other admin is a member of the squad, also a VR pilot. Our VR-using squad members include @Mordrac, @haluter, @Jakerthesnak, @=GEMINI=marbessi, @=GEMINI=loperto, @=GEMINI=IngegnerTommy, and a few others.

I propose we test Air Marshal on a Combat Box subserver with all our missions - in VR! 😉

+1

I wouldn't mind lending a hand with the Tank Crew and FC testing, very fond of WWI Aircraft and tanks as well. I also have experience in QA from the testing of Rising Storm, the WWII Pacific FPS. I will be away from my machine from September 1-11th though I am afraid. 

Posted (edited)

I'd be able to test Tank Crew and VR. I love tanks and strong hardware and have previous experience testing campaigns.

Edited by Mitthrawnuruodo

I can test VR. I have the Vive Pro and a top tier computer.

Also, [TWB] would happily help test the Marshal Mode. We regularly have 8-15 people every week that play PWCG, and can easily convert to whatever you need.

Hi, I would like to put myself forward as a tester for the TC module.

I already spend a lot of time in this area of the sim and have a background in games design. :biggrin:

Hi Jason. 

You are welcome to put my name down as WW1 testning. 

Flown ww1 since Red Baron 3D.

Owned RB3D, Over Flanders Fields, RoF and now FC V1. 

S! 

Posted (edited)

I would love to assist with the Virtual Reality testing.

I have a Valve Index as well as an original Vive. I also have a high end rig and a background in IT. Happy to do detailed write ups & performance testing and do some track recording, benchmarking etc.

I exclusively fly in VR and constantly try to improve performance where possible.

Edited by R3animate
Grammar

Posted (edited)

I'd be interested in testing features for Flying Circus. WW1 is definitely one of the most interesting eras of air combat, it's where is all started pretty much.

I can meet the time requirement.

Edited by Legioneod

Happy to volunteer for VR testing.

Specs: Valve Index, RTX 2080Ti, 7700k, 16GB DDR.

• Thanks 1

I would like to volunteer for the Flying Circus testing.

I can meet your requirement criteria and will be available to test several hours every evening during the week.

I started my journey with you guys on ROF in 2010, it seems fitting to me to help continue it now. 

Cheers. :salute:

Posted (edited)

For Air / Field Marschall ...I would suggest these groups:

SCG, LG (TAW developers),72AG,FG300, E69..

Edited by ITAF_Rani

Volunteering for VR testing and Tank Crew with the caveat I do not own the module yet. But I am a long time tank history and combat geek, a reservist IFV crewman and one of the admins on the official discord channel of Tank Encyclopedia. Also got contacts there from the TE writers team who play IL-2 and might be interested in helping out. I have previous game testing experience from closed technical alpha and beta tests. I work morning, day and night shifts, but have fluid schedules outside of work.

I also have a Rift S VR setup and my rig is powered by a Ryzen 3700x, RTX 2070 ARMOR 8G and 16 gigs of dual channel 3200mhz RAM.

Posted (edited)

Flying Circus? - you bet...check out for examples of my love of the Great War planes & personnel*. Depending on what you need I might be your man! Bought Rise of Flight on the first day offered & every aircraft/feature added, have since transferred my loyalty to Flying Circus thanks to VR!

VR- Yes a very satisfied Pimax 5K user as well!

(* https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1920&bih=920&ei=ezhcXYfUItTy-gTVurdA&q=james+dietz+&oq=james+dietz+&gs_l=img.12..0l8j0i30j0i24.1788.9747..14396...0.0..0.51.599.13......0....1..gws-wiz-img.......35i39j0i10j0i10i24.-y2p1HVZ46E&ved=0ahUKEwjH_e3mhpLkAhVUuZ4KHVXdDQgQ4dUDCAU )

Between Heaven & Hell - Copy.JPG

Edited by Blitzen
text

Count me in!. I would love to test VR (Primax 5K+, running smooth like butter) with Flying Circus, also Tank Crew. I own both.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Jason

I'm retired so have plenty of time, and I'm passionate about Flying Circus, it would be an honour to help.

Daedallus

Testing FC would be interesting. Been flying WW1 stuff on the PC since Red Baron by Dynamix, joined the ROF ranks in the old neoqb days and have all planes there...

I fly VR exclusively as well and can test that, but I am still on an old Vive with an RTX2080. I really need an Index for increased resolution but my wife does not agree ;) 

I work as an IT-manager since many years and worked as a developer before that so testing software is something have done a lot...

Posted (edited)

Hi,

I'm able to help out in all 4 areas.

I use VR (Index), already have Tank Crew and FC and am very interested in the Marshal concept.

Cheers

Witch

Edited by Black-Witch

Hello Jason, I would like to attend, I am bilingual German and French English 60% I am very involved with the mission editor, my strength lies in finding small mistakes like a beagle and to find a solution like a fox. I am a bit shy but very reliable. If you have a job in FC or TC, I like to be there.

I would be interested in assisting in the testing of the Command Feature and AI improvements to TC.  By way of background, I have tested software changes associated with health system enterprise resource systems prior to production implementation.  I am also retired so that I will have ample time to devote to this effort.  Thank you in advance for your consideration. 

I could also help with Tank Crew testing. I have holidays the next few weeks so I'd have plenty of available time.

I also have a YouTube channel in case those videos can also be published on another channel than the one from 777 Studios.

Jason,

Air Combat Group (ACG) may well be in a position to give your Air/Field Marshal Feature a good looking at.  We currently have 14 Squadrons flying on a Sunday evening MP and some form of C2 function would be given a good workout if that is what you want. We use a form of ground control currently and have dedicated ground controllers that could do this task. We have a bunch of experts in most fields so tell us what you want.

Maltloaf

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Delighted to help.

Fly as part of EAF online group, Oculus user with all the BoX early access as well as FC and TC, though have not used TC that much.

Independent aerospace consultant, so can be extremely flexible.

Posted (edited)

I'd be glad to help in testing the content for Flying Circus - I'll admit I possess no particular knowledge or competence regarding WWI aircraft in technical terms but I fell in love with RoF many years back.

That said, I am extremely interested in the recreation of the Arras map.

Both urban and natural landscapes, especially when represented in their historical context are just my thing (note: an important part of my recent Master's thesis involved a deep study of "cultural landscapes" during the early 1900s).

Edited by Picchio
  • Thanks 1