Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, JG27_Steini said:

I dont think it will be a new europe theater. The problem are the german planes.

I also think that the game will go to Pacific next, but if they are not ready for that, like last time, then what other theater would be better than Europe? Besides, Italy is a good option for Europe and could include Italian planes, so could even keep the familiar format of allies and axis planes. Previously they might have wanted to keep the Italian window open for CloD team (Africa->Mediterranean->Italy), but I don't think they would exclude that option from their main game, if they are not ready for Pacific. Especially considering CloD's current player base and the time it takes for Team Fusion to progress. 

Edited by II./JG77_Kemp
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Big_Al_the_Allo said:

To Jade Monkey's idea. I don't know, someone had the idea to give a sort of discount. But I think that's very unlikely. Already now the Hs-129, Ju-88, Bf-109 F4, MC. 202, I-16 (the list can still be extended) in various expansions for free. So it would be now a shot in the own knee to change it.

For a late war scenario, I was thinking perhaps including a couple of the existing ones on the axis side, and develop another 3 new ones. Not necessarily go back all the way to BOM planes. 

Again, I'm aware it's not ideal but its one of the many ways it can be worked out. Otherwise we might get a Pfeil, a stork and a He162 which is not a very coherent set for a newcomer that doesn't  own previous titles.

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Big_Al_the_Allo said:

It will not go to Africa because of TeamFusion, regardless of the fact that actually all types more or less already exist

Don't know about allied planes but german ones were tropical versions. So nothing we have now exists for africa. They would have to model new filters and change FM a bit.

28 minutes ago, II./JG77_Kemp said:

Previously they might have wanted to keep the Italian window open for CloD team (Africa->Mediterranean->Italy), but I don't think they would exclude that option from their main game, if they are not ready for Pacific. Especially considering CloD's current player base and the time it takes for Team Fusion to progress. 

I highly doubt TF would do italy, now they are doing Tobruk. They said Syria would be something possible in next expansion, there was also a tip that 6.0 could have a lot of water (Malta?). That's 3 expansions (2-3 years each?), so I am pretty sure Italy expansion won't happen. And i am glad. I think TF will focus in channel 1940+, they already said Fw190A1&2 will come so channel map will expand into new phases of war after battle of britain is over. And thanks to support for 4 engine bombers, we can definitely expect bombing runs on germany in the future.

Africa may be their second theatre which they will focus on and expand. Not jump around the world like box does. I highly doubt box will go italy anyway. If it's not pacific i hope for expanding existing theatres of war than making new one. Now that they started late war west europe, maybe some commitment to it would be good than "bye west front, hello italy".

Edited by InProgress

I'm not a tank guy but would the BoBP map and theater offer opportunities for some West front tank battles for TC?

As for the flight sim I suspect they'll go with another west European expansion.

New Guinea is the answer we seek.   It would get us to the "Pacific", but no pressure on the dev team, or the game engine itself, to have properly working warships in the size and quantity needed for Coral Sea/Midway/Solomons/Okinawa.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

New Guinea is the answer we seek. 

Burma would be a pretty good choice also. 

Posted (edited)

Has to be the Pacific.

This theatre hasn't been visited (properly) since BoP back in the 90's and I suspect there would be an eager market for WW2 carrier operations.

Edited by Georgio
  • Upvote 1

Malta with various Italian planes, the Gladiator and the Hurricane.  Add the Beaufighter and Blenheim/Maryland and you've got the ingredients for the early Italian attack phase and the later LW phase.

Pretty please.

von Tom

7 minutes ago, Georgio said:

Has to be the Pacific.

This theatre hasn't been visited (properly) since BoP back in the 90's and I suspect there would be an eager market for WW2 carrier operations.

"Has to be"

Has to be Channel fight, our planeset for Western Europe isn't fleshed out enough yet. See? it works everywhere ;) 

• Like 1

vonNutz is in total agreement with Von_Tom

"Malta with various Italian planes, the Gladiator and the Hurricane.  Add the Beaufighter and Blenheim/Maryland and you've got the ingredients for the early Italian attack phase and the later LW phase."

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I kind of doubt they recently added this just to confuse people or disappoint people who are looking forward to the PTO.

Also no indication that they plan to do a different PTO theatre than the previously announced Midway. So i guess Midway will be next. And i see no real chance that they work on two expansions simultaneously and add two more collector planes on top of that (like Jason recently posted). Of course a Midway map would be less work than any of the current maps, but they would still need to work on all those entirely new PTO planes.

I guess they might do another TC expansion and a Battle of the Bulge expansion to go along with BoBP could fit. I don't think another Russian front TC expansion would work that well. Most tanks would just be variations of the tanks already included in TC. I don't think an early war scenario like 1940 Battle of France or something similar would have enough pull (i'm pretty sure TC is struggeling already), also the number of different tank types would be pretty limited,  assuming it would still be focussed on tank vs. tank. And a move to North Africa is unlikely as well.

Edited by Matt
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

MIDWAY 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HBPencil said:

I'm not a tank guy but would the BoBP map and theater offer opportunities for some West front tank battles for TC?

As for the flight sim I suspect they'll go with another west European expansion.

Battle of Bulge would be the most likely one for it's popularity, there are others like Hurtgen or Overloon but the tanks used wouldn't be much different from bulge.

Another option would be Battle of Hannut in 1940 which could give us french tanks but considering we don't have any aircraft for combined operations from that timeperiod (only ju52), it would require an new nation which requires alot of new assets that have very limited to no use after battle of france and 1940 battles in western europe aren't that well known (minus battle of britain) it's an unlikely battle to be created, would still love to see it though.

For western front outside the BoBP map the most likely would be one of the battles of Normandy (Falaise Pocket/Villers Bocage/Saint Lo/Caen/Enz).

Thanks @Matt for posting that, it looks like that's some solid evidence of what comes next.

If we are going to the Pacific, I'd really love to see a few more collectors planes to flesh out the western map. Perhaps Ugra media can pick up some of them, they definitely did a good job with the U2VS.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Bearcat said:

I have no info but i would not be surprised if one of the as yet unannounced collector planes was a Zeke.. or a Grumman ...

I wish then again that would make no sense since it must be a plane which will fit Bodenplatte as much as possible....

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

New Guinea is the answer we seek.   It would get us to the "Pacific", but no pressure on the dev team, or the game engine itself, to have properly working warships in the size and quantity needed for Coral Sea/Midway/Solomons/Okinawa.

1 hour ago, 6./ZG26_Custard said:

Burma would be a pretty good choice also. 

I really hope if we go into the pacific, it will start with something early. Dutch East Indies campaign? And just go up instead jumping back and forth, Midway, Okinawa, New Guinea etc.

59 minutes ago, von_Tom said:

Malta with various Italian planes, the Gladiator and the Hurricane.  Add the Beaufighter and Blenheim/Maryland and you've got the ingredients for the early Italian attack phase and the later LW phase.

Pretty please.

von Tom

Malta will be for 99% Cliffs of Dover expansion. Doubt it would work in BoX, or people would spawn in air or be forced to fly for quite a long time to get to malta. This will also require drop tanks and more detailed fuel model. And 1C would not be happy to make 2 games compete with themselves.

37 minutes ago, Matt said:

Battle of the Bulge expansion to go along with BoBP could fit

21 minutes ago, ww2fighter20 said:

Battle of Bulge would be the most likely one for it's popularity

I am pretty sure Ardennes Counteroffensive is part of Bodenplatte career mode.

• Chapter 1: Fighting in Holland (September 17 – October 1, 1944)
  • Chapter 2: Autumn Offensive (October 2 – December 15, 1944)
  • Chapter 3: Battle of the Bulge (December 16 – 25, 1944)
  • Chapter 4: Allied Counter-Offensive (December 26, 1944 – February 7, 1945)
  • Chapter 5: Battle of the Rhine (February 8 – March 28, 1945)
Edited by InProgress

7 minutes ago, InProgress said:

I am pretty sure Ardennes Counteroffensive is part of Bodenplatte career mode.

It is for planes.

We both meant the next TC-expansion (=Tank Crew).

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Redwo1f said:

Bodenplatte announcement was 4 months prior to Kuban's release. Like I said in another thread, they will likely announce what is next when they announce what new collector planes are being added - all in one big announcement.

Wait....the 2 new collector planes are the ones that usually go along a full new release, or are they just, you know, 'stand alone' collector planes?

yes, like the Yak-1b and Ju-52 were and the Bf 109 G-6 and the La-5FN

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, II./JG77_Kemp said:

I also think that the game will go to Pacific next, but if they are not ready for that, like last time, then what other theater would be better than Europe? Besides, Italy is a good option for Europe and could include Italian planes, so could even keep the familiar format of allies and axis planes. Previously they might have wanted to keep the Italian window open for CloD team (Africa->Mediterranean->Italy), but I don't think they would exclude that option from their main game, if they are not ready for Pacific. Especially considering CloD's current player base and the time it takes for Team Fusion to progress. 

I also think Midway will be the next..

But why discarge the idea like Italy scenario 1943-44 to be the next ?

It fit perfect whit BoBP planeset we already have..

Don' t forget the presence in this time frame of stunning planes for Axis ( no other BF 109's) like:

Mc 205 Veltro

FIAT G 55

Re 2002

Re 2005

Late MTO scenario since 1943 to 45 could be another project different from Team Fusion expansion project.

Edited by ITAF_Rani
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, InProgress said:

Malta will be for 99% Cliffs of Dover expansion. Doubt it would work in BoX, or people would spawn in air or be forced to fly for quite a long time to get to malta. This will also require drop tanks and more detailed fuel model. And 1C would not be happy to make 2 games compete with themselves.

You're probably correct but I reckon the developers would make a lot more money by dumping CLOD and asking TF to develop a desert scenario then Malta for IL2:GB.

With the history of development for circa 1 year for development of each module a desert scenario could be released before TF5 and with the uptake of VR most VR users won't touch CLOD until native VR support is added, and that means TF6 some time in 2021.

Such a shame.

von Tom

• Upvote 5

Definitely not the Pacific... probably Korea or another Eastern front.

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, von_Tom said:

You're probably correct but I reckon the developers would make a lot more money by dumping CLOD and asking TF to develop a desert scenario then Malta for IL2:GB.

With the history of development for circa 1 year for development of each module a desert scenario could be released before TF5 and with the uptake of VR most VR users won't touch CLOD until native VR support is added, and that means TF6 some time in 2021.

Such a shame.

von Tom

TF are people with their own jobs doing clod in their free time and no one is paying them. They worked on clod since 2012 i think, they have experience there. You can't just tell them to do box when they have 0 knowledge about it. Most people don't even have VR, it's not as important as you think. It was also said like 1000 times, VR will come more less 6 months after Tobruk, so it's not that long. Higher piority has new content and fixes. Having VR in bugged game won't do any good.

There is still bunch of people who likes clod, both games have something different to offer. Clod is able to get 100+ planes in the air and 4 engine planes (B17 is something TF wants to do one day), things you won't see in box. And box has things clod does not. You can play both and have fun. Thinking that clod is somehow blocking box development is simply wrong. Even if TF would work on box, like i said before, they have their own job and work on clod for free. They would not give you desert scenarion in a year while they work in their free time.

Old video but probably still stands:

Spoiler

Like Jason said, even if clod does africa, later they still may do their own africa expansion but it depends on many factors not just "TF does it so we can't".

It will most likely be pacific anyway and when they go into pacific, there will be no time for africa. Pacific is huge and they can do a lot there, Midway, Okinawa, New Guinea, Dutch East Indies, Burma etc. So much stuff and would be nice to get normandy one day as well and some more east front.

Edited by InProgress
  • Upvote 1

I think one of the elephants in the room is that "Battle of Britain" would be insanely popular; but the CLOD cloud will keep them from making such a great choice.

• Like 1

I'd like to say I love these topics. The enthusiasm is massively contagious. :)

Personally, I'd love any of the following:

• New Guinea/Solomon Islands
    • Massively significant battle, no need for carriers. Drawback would be the need for creativity for Japanese pilots: we can't really have them fly in from Rabaul every mission.
  • Battle of Midway
    • Obviously an amazing battle, carrier ops would also be fun. But also carrier ops are a huge hurdle. Limited landmass would also make things difficult.
  • Battle of Britain
    • Already done, I know, but I'd kill to have it in BoX. And it would give us early war western planeset (Spit I! Hurricanes! more 109 Es! Moar!). And a good map that could be used with the '44 planeset.
  • Italian campaign
    • Amazing terrain, fun new planes on the axis side, and plenty of earlier planes for the allied side as well.

2 hours ago, danielprates said:

Wait....the 2 new collector planes are the ones that usually go along a full new release, or are they just, you know, 'stand alone' collector planes?

These are 2 "independent" planes, which are usually done as an "add-on" related to a newly-released expansion. For example, after BoK they released the La-5FN and the 109 G6. I think before that they did the Yak-1B and...

Usually, the new "impromptu" collectors are appropriate for the latest expansion. THEN they announce the next expansion, which itself includes a collector's plane that can be purchased with the premium version.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, danielprates said:

My impression is that these are stand alone. But what I was saying elsewhere is based upon the premise that they arent going to release stand alone collector planes that they will most certainly need later in another expansion in the 4+1 per side model (if they keep that). For exanple, if the plan is to stay western theater, you are probably not going to see a Typhoon or Mosquito, etc. They will need them for later. If they are making a big theater change for the next big expansion and have decided to leave Europe (or Russia) completely behind (a la Pacific or Korea) - then these planes could indeed be released. So i am arguing based upon what they will be releasing as stand alone, you can get a good indication of where they are going next (or in this case, not going). I dont think the developers want everybody to sleuth it out based on stand alone collector announcement - that is why I firmly believe they announce it together with where they are going for next big release (which they already know)...all in one big what's the future announcement. ...and I think this is going to come within a month or so (either just before  the big development release (P-51, etc), or just shortly after.

Edited by Redwo1f

2 hours ago, InProgress said:

Most people don't even have VR, it's not as important as you think.

And yet there has been ~16000 posts about VR on these forums and only ~6000 posts about CloD.  I'd say there is more global interest in VR then CloD. Just because you don't like it.....

Anyway it'll come one day. No need to debate. When that day finally comes, we can see if CloD's population and userbase increases. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

I'm betting on a late war eastern front scenario.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, 77.CountZero said:

Han posted not long ago that he would like liberation of Poland, but its not his decision

https://forum.il2sturmovik.ru/topic/12273-227-я-часть-дневников-разработчика/?do=findComment&comment=711212

but its PTO 99.97% :)

Poland would be cool, i think it would get quite popular in poland since it's very rare to be in games. I remember one mission in CoD1 that took place in poland or few missions in CoD3 where you play as polish soldiers in 1944. There is come map in war thunder as well but it's never big, just few missions, some vehicle etc. It would sell so good ;D and overall i would love to have some smaller countries as expansion. Poland, Finland, Hungary.

And it would have nice name, Battle of Poland :biggrin:

Edited by InProgress

I would like it to be Normandy, from Abbeville up north to landing beaches down south. What would it give us?

-fights over English Channel after BOB

-Dieppe operation

-all kinds of activity with ships

-preparation for D-day ( rhubarb and circus missions)

-D-day itself and the advance onwards

For me this is a no-brainer, here we have area where you can use all the air-sea-land units in the game and what saw constant action for 4 years, so there is a lot of playground...

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, Gambit21 said:

Eh..:no.

giphy.gif

22 hours ago, 77.CountZero said:

from dd-227

• Improved AI maneuvering in a dogfight. Our new programmer is working on this (the recent formation keeping improvements are his work), but remember there is still a long way to go in this area.

so you aint gona have to wait for long

Correct me, but is this not their "third" new programmer? The first one left, the next one did nothing and the current one did the "Improved Ai maneuvering in a dogfight thing. In 10 years time to improve what: " Ai maneuvering in dogfight and some other small improvements",  respect! 🤣

We gonna have to wait another 10 years to see some major Ai improvements but until that day I count how a single Peshka eats many fighters to breakfast, how the smart Turret-Gunners bail out as last just to turn your plane into a swiss cheese in Lucky Luke style in every in every plane position, situation, impasse........................and  repeating my commands to the pinocchio Ai

For "Collector Planes" or "next BoX theater" we never have to wait long, pretty simple or not?

• Haha 2
  • Confused 3
  • Upvote 1

i always tought they didnt have ai dedicated programer, i remenber posts about APetrovich worked on some AI fixes at some point betwen other stuff he does but dont know of others, for me this was first time i see they have ai guy so i expect better progress

To find dedicated programmer who really can and know how to improve the Ai is not a big problem. Place an ad who improve the Ai is employed. Simple as finding Beta Tester for this game.

1 hour ago, 77.CountZero said:

Han posted not long ago that he would like liberation of Poland, but its not his decision

https://forum.il2sturmovik.ru/topic/12273-227-я-часть-дневников-разработчика/?do=findComment&comment=711212

That surely would make a damn good 44/45 east front module with Yak3, La7, Yak9U and other fancy late VVS stuff.

19 minutes ago, sevenless said:

That surely would make a damn good 44/45 east front module with Yak3, La7, Yak9U and other fancy late VVS stuff.

And i am pretty sure lots of popular gaming magazines and websites in poland would talk about it :P Everytime there is something like this it gets quite popular, while Poland is not a big customer, it would probably brings some people in. I never actually thought about it because it seemed impossible but Poland would be really fun expansion, both early and late war.

I think there are 2 good options in Poland

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Upper_Silesian_Offensive

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Pomeranian_Offensive

The second one was really deadly and longer so could be nice for career mode. Lützow and Admiral Scheer would be there too!