Sign in to follow this  
III/JG52_Otto_-I-

Damage Model de-synchronization on-line? or immortality cheat?

Posted (edited)

I've suffered several times a feel that you hit a enemy aircraft with a cannon burst, but the enemy stay flying like nothing happens.
Fruit of causality, i've capture the track of one of my combats in Berloga server the last august 8th.
I amazed when studied the images, how a Lagg-3 can survived in combat, to several cannon hits, in his port wing fuel tank, and after midair crashing with the tail section ripped from another airplane.

I've asked to other virtual pilots in FB groups, and they tell me that several of them suffer similar issues, flying Axis or Allies airplanes indistinctly.
I've decided reporting here for knowledge of developers, and for asking if it is possible a solution.
I´m does´not sure if it is a bug, or a cheat.
Thanks for read.

Edited by III/JG52_Otto_-I-

- "several hits" : i only see 1-2 cannon hits on left wing at 1:29. LaGG being sturdy, those amounts of hit aren't crippling.

- Also, the tail section of the 109 in itself isn't that heavy. The collision is roughly at wing root, a sturdy element of the plane. Since you shoot in slow motion I have trouble estimating the speed of collision, but it didn't seem that fast. Additionally, maybe ping issues make it that the visual representation of the collision doesn't exactly represent what actually happened

So, based on your track, I myself lean towards "the LaGG is one heck of a sturdy plane". Also an "immortality cheat" seems implausible (especially on Berloga) and, seeing that 1CGS looks very unkindly on ppl who'd use immortality cheat or such, you'd need way more solid evidence to claim such thing.

PS: I don't know what you mean with "damage desynchronation". Do you just mean that sometimes ping screws over the damage model?

• Confused 1

Looks like Netcode. I know this from similar situations. Sometimes for own advantage, sometime against me.

• Upvote 1

Many times I've seen head-on collisions only explode 1 plane and the other goes home just fine.....  Netcode is a funky thing.   

• Upvote 1

On that first video i can se only 1-2 hit by 20mm on lagg, and by i16, and for colision i dont know why he didnt lose a wing but best guess is net problems.

This last video is from last year, and it shows bug that was happening offten online after one of games updates, when damage was delayed if players had bad conection and missions were to heavy, that is fixed by now in most cases, only on few ocasions you can see messages about delayed hits by few seconds on heavy missions by players with bad net. 

You should get better informed 

• Upvote 3