runsilent

Do enemy airbases spawn scramble intercept?

I see that the AAA spawns in when enemies are near but do enemy airbases spawn fighters to intercept?  We're chasing a bunch of 87's back to their base and chewing them up and it seemed a bit silly circling over the enemy airfield and not having them even try to send up anyone to fight back. 

I'm assuming this is a game engine limitation but still curious if there's something in the config settings that we're missing.

Thanks!

To my knowledge there is no option to enable scambled intercept flights, PWCG is pretty powerful tool but as you mentioned there are limitations.

There is code in place to make it happen but it is not often used.  First there are conditions: an airbase must actually have a fighter unit stationed at it.  Second, there are odds that it will or will not spawn.  Third, PWCG generates many flights per mission but keeps only a certain number, so the scramble flight has to be a kept flight.  That makes them somewhat unicornish.

If we’re running a pretty powerful rig is there anyway to increase these odds with the install available?