Sign in to follow this  
Hessle

Long Range Bomber Missions

Hello all

Over the past few days a few of us have been enjoying the A-20 and learning most of the systems, what a fantastic aircraft to fly.

We are interested in using the pwcg to generate more interesting missions with more diverse targets for the bombers at longer ranges and a higher levels of flak? (Just to get that real catch 22 miniseries feel to everything while approaching the target)

Playing on the Kuban map we mostly have attack troops, artillery and the like. Is it possible to amend this in some way to have us target cities industrial areas or ports for instance? I have wondered about moving the "target approach" waypoint to an area we would like to bomb and cause the mission to spawn ground objects along the flight path and sort of roleplay our own mission ignoring the actual objective. Also editing the amount of aircraft in the mission to pretty much our own flight/enemy intercept flight to allow for greater numbers of ground units and enemy flak positions (though with my aging I7 4770 I don't expect miracles). I have included a map example of a generated mission below.

One thing I have tried is changing parameters in advanced config so missions are at a 300,000 km range but the missions generated are pretty much the same distance, never really taking us over the front line some 60-100 ish km. It for the most part seems more like a ground attack role so far playing as bombers and would be greatly appreciated if anyone has any suggestions to help diversify this element of PWCG.

Example.thumb.png.76db49954fdfacdc0a9ec2d6b094b1de.png