SeaW0lf

Ping kill or hitbox bug?

Hi guys, today I was in a long duel with a Dr1 and my engine seized at the end. I thought it was the Halb or the Albatros, which also participated at the end, that got me. Because from my point of view, there was no way the Dr1 could have hit me (and I rely on these defensive maneuvers). I ditched the Camel and said that the Halb had gotten my engine to explain why I was bailing after such a long fight, but I went to look at the track and it was the Dr1 (a puff of black smoke starts to come out after the white puff of a hit). And no disrespect to the player, it was a good fight, but it got me curious.

Seeing the photos below, is this a ping / lag problem? Wouldn't the track be supposed to record the actual positions, so would the track show the Dr1 with its nose pointed at my engine? Or does the track show what's on my screen? Or is this a hitbox bug?

Does anyone know what it is or how does it work?

Mwk5e78.jpg

hC3Xzpu.jpg

221Bb2K.jpg

Looks like lag to me.

If I'm not mistaken, the track records what happens on your end, not what the server is actually registering as hits.

• Thanks 1

Yeah, also came to the conclusion that track file replays didn't seem to have any ping compensation going on.

• Thanks 1