Mr_Steven

Quick Bodenplatte Question

Hey guys I've searched quite a bit but can't quite find the proper answer and as a Cliffs of Dover player I'm not sure how this all works. Hope someone can help.

I don't have any version of BoX yet but plan on getting deep into Bodenplatte with that beauty of a planeset and the new view distance update.

If I buy Bodenplatte off the website will I be able to fly some of the early release planes right now or will I need to have BoS on Steam or what?

I'm not overly interested in early Eastern Front stuff so I'd rather not buy those if I don't have to.

Thanks guys.

Posted (edited)

Yes, you'll be able to fly the planes that have been released for Bodenplatte up to this point - which is everything but the Tempest, Lightning, and Mustang. No need to buy Steam to access anything in particular.

Edited by LukeFF

Posted (edited)

No, if you want these planes you must buy expansion. Maps are free in multiplayer only but if you dont have any plane from east front then you wont be able to spawn anyway.

oh, sorry. Thought you meant early planes from previous expansions.

Edited by InProgress

Posted (edited)

You can fly AGAINST any aircraft and on any online map because the game is unified. You can only fly those aircraft you have purchased (Bodenplatte vs Stalingrad vs Kuban, etc) and only fly those maps you have purchased, offline, because offline is played as if it was stand alone.

I think you can fly against every aircraft both online and offline but I don’t remember because I own it all. I await Luke’s horse for any clarification.

Edited by II/JG17_HerrMurf

In QMB you should be able to fly on the three free maps (Velikje Luki and can't remember the other two), plus as Luke stated, online whenever one of the aircrafts you own is available, no matter which map.

Ill say kuban could be anywhere. I would buy that beautiful map if I where you. It got A 20 and P 39 in it. Not a waste of money at all. 

You will be restricted for thetime being to servers who got Bobp planes if you only buy that. 

Alright so I didn't realize buying maps was part of it. 

Thanks for the replies guys. I guess I just don't want to throw a lot of money into planes I'm never going to fly, but if the maps are part of it, that definitely changes things. I want Spits, P51's, P40's, P47's, P38's, and Tempests, so I guess what I'm asking is what's the best way to go about this?

If you want to buy maps you'll have to buy expansions.

If you want certain planes you'll have to buy expansions containing them unless they are marked as collector planes.

Spit mk.vb and p40 are collector planes so you can buy them separatelly.

19 minutes ago, Mr_Steven said:

Thanks for the replies guys. I guess I just don't want to throw a lot of money into planes I'm never going to fly, but if the maps are part of it, that definitely changes things. I want Spits, P51's, P40's, P47's, P38's, and Tempests, so I guess what I'm asking is what's the best way to go about this?

IL-2: Great Battles releases in "Battle of" packs that feature the flyable aircraft, map, vehicles, career, etc. that pertain to that battle. It's a complete package.

At this point Battle of Bodenplatte is still, as you surmized, in early access and things like the map for Bodenplatte is not yet done. If you buy Bodenplatte today hypothetically you'll be getting the following:

• Spitfire LF.IXe
  • P-47D-28
  • Bf109G-14
  • Bf109K-4
  • FW190A-8
  • FW190D-9
  • Me262
  • Lapino map
  • Velikiye Luki map

Still to come are of course the map for Bodenplatte, the career, Tempest Mark V, P-51D-15, P-38J-25, and B-25D (AI only).

If you want to fly over other maps in single player you'll need to buy the corresponding Battle package. I.e. the beautiful Kuban map which is currently the most scenic map in the series is part of the Battle of Kuban release.

In multiplayer you can fly on any map from any title provided that is what the server is running. Provided that you have access to one of the planes present.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Mr_Steven said:

Also do you wont t play game with steam, or not. As if you plan to play it with steam, then you have to buy BoS there as thats base game by steam, and rest you can then buy from web store and all would be linked together.

I remenber you as online player  so you dont have to worry about geting maps for battle of moscow or battle of stalingrad or kuban if you dont wont thouse airplanes,, as like other say online you can fly on any maps even if you dont have them, only thing you need is that mission have atleast one of airplanes you buy.

So if you dont wont to use steam you just buy Battle of Bodenplatte 70$ till preorder ends: 

https://il2sturmovik.com/store/battle-of-bodenplatte/

and separate P-40 and Spitfire V from here, 20$ each:

https://il2sturmovik.com/store/collector-planes/

one more airplane you miss is P-39 that comes with standard Kuban, and its only 25$ now,( but if you now buy premium kuban you also get spit v for only 15$ more):

https://il2sturmovik.com/store/battle-of-kuban/

Also as BoM is on sale, you can get premium version with P-40 for 27$, so you get 9 more airplanes, for only 7$ more, insted buying only P-40 for 20$(if your not waiting for sale for collector airplanes).

https://il2sturmovik.com/store/battle-of-moscow/

Online on most servers ( if you aim is to not have russian airplanes ) you would be able to play on early missions with P-40, so P-40 is one you have to get if only DLC you wont is Bodenplatte, to be able to play on early missions also as allied player.

Edited by 77.CountZero

7 hours ago, Mr_Steven said:

If you can wait some more... only buy Bodenplatte. It's a steal considering the huge amount of content you get!

P-38J

Fw 190 D-9

P-51D

P-47D

Spitfire Mk.IX

Tempest Mk.V

Bf 109 G-14

Bf 109 K-4

Fw 190 A-8

Me 262

And a huge map that covers all major battles from sep 1944 to apr 1945. This will keep us busy for a long time I can tell you.

If you are not into Eastern Front stuff, then the other maps are not relevant since the above (Allied) plane set is not/hardly used there. And in MP you can still fly the other maps anyways.

If you would want to jump in now then perhaps add some collector planes that are frequently used now on those maps: P-40 or Spit MKVb (if you like Western planes) so you can join MP servers.

If you want to do SP/campaigns now, then you should buy one of the other "battles": BoM, BoS, BoK.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, 77.CountZero said:

Also as BoM is on sale, you can get premium version with P-40 for 27$, so you get 9 more airplanes, for only 7$ more, insted buying only P-40 for 20$(if your not waiting for sale for collector airplanes).

https://il2sturmovik.com/store/battle-of-moscow/

For me this is a no brainer. For almost the same price as the p40. You get 10 planes INCLOUDING the p40, plus the Moscow map, and all the singleplayer content. You might not be interested on the Eastern front. But for a bit more $ you can at least try the planes. Look at the map. In the end you might end up enyoing it....

Also kuban premium is a  good option. You get the p39, the a20, the spit V. AND the kuban Map wich is really pretty, and all the singleplayer content.

Usualy getting a complete pakage, "Battle of X" is cheaper than buying some of their planes as colectors, specialy if on sale. AND you get More content , you might end up liking anyway.

The exception being if you really really only like a plane that is aviable only as collector planes. Like the ju52, yak1b, la5fn and bf109g6.

But of these. The yak1b is SIMILAR to the yak7b of kuban

The la5fn Is SIMILAR to the la5 with modified engine you get in premium Stalingrad

And  the  109g6 is Sort of like the 109g14 of Bondenplatte

So the only experience you can not get with purchasing complete Battle packages is flying the ju52...

Edited by =FEW=fernando11

Ah yes, you don't want to miss out on the A-20! 😀

yes Kuban map is best map in game, and i forghot A-20 also, its good practice for P-38 :)

if im him i would get thngs now when they are on 50-66% sale

BoM premium 27$

BoK premium 40$

BoBp premium 70$

and then you still have option to later get BoS either on steam (and link all from web with it) if you wont to play all on steam or here on web store if you like how vvs stuf is in game

Ah you guys are the best, thanks a lot. Tons of good info here. I'm still a little unsure of the Steam connection to all of this though. I have Steam, but if I want to run BoX through Steam I need Battle of Stalingrad as a base?

Posted (edited)

I'm right now deciding to move in the opposite direction as some guys have referred above (from standalone to Steam). I've originally purchased BoS outside Steam, but now I'm planning on moving into Steam. This is the response that support gave me: 

"Thanks for inquiring about Steam keys for your previously pre-ordered IL-2 product. Our records indicate that you qualify for these keys. Once we give you Steam keys for BOS we will remove your copy of BOS from our internal IL-2 user account database. This means that you cannot launch BOS as a stand-alone product using our launcher as was previously the case. This is because of the new rules Valve has forced upon us and our new Steam implementation to support those rules. Your forum badges will remain though.

Everything else you have on our website stays on our website, in standalone version."

Reading the above, I'm not sure if the "start BoX outside Steam" is still true? Also, does someone who plays thru Steam and not-Steam versions can say something about performance? Is there a difference due to having Steam loaded as well or it's all the same?

Cheers. 

EDIT: Besides BOS, I also have an extra plane and an extra campaign, I don't know if they're going to provide Steam keys for those as well or if they'll be kept at the "website version".

Edited by jokerBR

2 hours ago, Mr_Steven said:

I have Steam, but if I want to run BoX through Steam I need Battle of Stalingrad as a base?

Yes, because the other games are only DLCs in Steam.

2 hours ago, jokerBR said:

EDIT: Besides BOS, I also have an extra plane and an extra campaign, I don't know if they're going to provide Steam keys for those as well or if they'll be kept at the "website version".

The way I understand the answer of the support, they will stay as 'website version'

2 hours ago, jokerBR said:

Everything else you have on our website stays on our website, in standalone version."

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, jokerBR said:

But then youll just link your steam acount to this, and youll have all in game at one place even when you start it from steam. For what you buy from web store (exept this BoS), you dont need steam keys then and they would not give it to you. I think it should work for you same as it works for others who have Bos from steam and rest from web store. And you can free buy stuff from steam then when coversion its to mutch in web store.

Edited by 77.CountZero

Thanks for the comments, guys. Already "ordered" my conversion.

2 hours ago, 77.CountZero said:

And you can free buy stuff from steam then when coversion its to mutch in web store.

And yes, CountZero, I'm counting on this. :)