JU88 - Will a Full 4K skin be made?

Hello

Firstly i know that there is already a "4K" JU88 Template made by Gustav but, without wishing to sound too critical of anothers efforts, it is largey a scaled up copy of the official 2K and repeats many of the original's misalignments. It also lacks its own Normal map (again Im aware of the one shared that repeats similar misaligments amongst other things) and a lot of the clarity in the stenciling that the He111s by ICDP greatly improve upon. Im sorry if I sound ungreaful as the exisiting template is still far better than i could acheive especially given the larger scale of the subject. 

Given the 88s popularity amongst the heavier aircraft it would be nice if it were given some love by @ICDP, @BlackHellHound1 or @KpgQuop (forgive me if i missed a currently active 4K template builder).  

Any future plans? 

Edited by 9./JG52_BOO
  • Upvote 1
3 hours ago, =TBAS=Sschatten14 said:

There is a bunch of really good 4K skins for JU88 here made by JG51 or uploaded by them atleast. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/82qxefyuze7gqrm/Ju88A4 4K KG51.zip?dl=0

14 minutes ago, Raptorattacker said:

Come up with a scheme and I'll see what I can do Boo?... ;)

Doh!! im a dozy sod!. I meant TEMPLATE. Sorry for the confuddlation and thank for replying fellas. 

4 hours ago, WIS-Redcoat said:

I appreciate your enthusiasm but I think only a couple of the anointed lads get to do official work.  But by all means see what you can do.

Not really. From my experience, the dev team is more than willing to work with someone that can put in the time and effort required to deliver a good template. 

On 8/18/2019 at 8:24 PM, KpgQuop said:

If nobody else wants to have a go at this, I'll have a crack at it, once I've finally wrung the duck's neck.

That would be fantastic KpgQuop!!

13 hours ago, WIS-Redcoat said:

I appreciate your enthusiasm but I think only a couple of the anointed lads get to do official work.  But by all means see what you can do.

I couldnt give a monkeys bottom if its official or not 🙂 Both BHH and ICDP did a lot of stuff prior to thier work getting adopted by the devs. Im pretty sure, looking at the attention to detail and overall care KpqQuop has served upon the Duck, we could well have another grandee of templates in the wings and I greatly appreciate KpgQuops consideration of doing somethng for this long standing and largly neglected favourite. 

• Upvote 1
  • 8 months later...
On 8/17/2019 at 8:47 PM, =TBAS=Sschatten14 said:

There is a bunch of really good 4K skins for JU88 here made by JG51 or uploaded by them atleast. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/82qxefyuze7gqrm/Ju88A4 4K KG51.zip?dl=0

Does anyone know who the author is exactly, I'd like the credit him on my next video?

EDIT: found him myself, author is @Jade_Monkey

Edited by LeLv30_Redwing
  • Thanks 1