Sign in to follow this  
P_Gora

Hs 129 B-2 Mixture axis

Hi

Maybe it is not a bug but it something that is little annoying - in Hs 129 you need to bind axis for mixture control (for every engine at once). In my controls I have two axis binded for 1 and 2 engine. It also works for a one engine planes like Russian fighter (I use mixture for engine one than), but not for the Hs129. Do we really need one more axis just to bind mixture for this plane? I understand that this plane has 2 engines and only one regulation of the mixture for both of them, but it would be rally nice to can operate it with axis binded to engine one. Thank you.

3 hours ago, P_Gora said:

Hi

Maybe it is not a bug but it something that is little annoying - in Hs 129 you need to bind axis for mixture control (for every engine at once). In my controls I have two axis binded for 1 and 2 engine. It also works for a one engine planes like Russian fighter (I use mixture for engine one than), but not for the Hs129. Do we really need one more axis just to bind mixture for this plane? I understand that this plane has 2 engines and only one regulation of the mixture for both of them, but it would be rally nice to can operate it with axis binded to engine one. Thank you.

You can bind it to the common mixture axis and it would apply to all engines. I use the same approach for throttle, RPM, radiators...

mix.thumb.png.7577d9a09e9f9145ed9bf10debcc3bf3.png

Posted (edited)

Yes I know, but like I said I need to separate engine 1 and 2 because sometimes I fly fighter and sometimes bomber. So it is no solution for me. 

It is much better to have things separated in case you lost one of the engines in multiengine planes. 

Edited by P_Gora

6 hours ago, P_Gora said:

Hi

I messed with this a little bit trying different settings, double bindings etc. and I believe you are right that if you want to use an axis that you have to add a 3rd one.

So the choices I believe are:

1. Make a 3rd axis with the generic mixture setting

2.  When flying the duck, just you the keyboard for the generic mixture setting as you set the mix to 66% and leave it there for 99% of the time.  The other times are 100% for an overheating condition or lean if you are trying to save fuel.  If VR, just set at the start and leave it.

3.  I use the generic setting for all the mixtures.  Works well for the duck and multi-engines/single engines.  Then if you want to change a mixture on a non duck multi-engine you would use the select engine toggle to adjust the mixture on only one engine at a time.

2 hours ago, P_Gora said:

Yes I know, but like I said I need to separate engine 1 and 2 because sometimes I fly fighter and sometimes bomber. So it is no solution for me. 

It is much better to have things separated in case you lost one of the engines in multiengine planes. 

I have split throttles set to engine 1 and 2 but have never needed to separate the mixture. Simply set  some keys to Engine 1; Engine 2 and All Engines and you can select whichever you want at any time. If Engine 1 packs up switch to it, feather the prop and then go back to Engine 2. When flying planes with only one engine it's no problem because the throttles are physically linked.

• Upvote 1

Yes guys you all right, but... ;) I fly VR and going for max realism. So if the Duck have axis for mixture I want to define axis on my rig. If I fly twin engine bomber I want to define two axis for mixtures or rpm, whatever. 

Now my setup is ok for every plane in BOS except the Duck... I would need another axis just for this plane. Ok, I can buy another axies but it doesen't have sens. It would be much better if Devs connect mixture for every engine at once with mixture for engine 1in this case. If not... I can live with this. Like you said there are plenty other ways to set it.  

Now my solution is to set in keys bindings one of my engines axies to the axis for every engine when I fly it. After my flight I disable it and going for different plane. 

@P_Gora

You can simply use mixture control for all engines like screenshot above. If you have engine damaged or something and want to use mixture control on only 1 engine then simply click 1 or 2 on your keyboard. You select engine you want to use and now you only control that engine. You don't need to spam buttons on every engine. Simply select engine and then use main mixture control.

Uhhh... I appreciate your help but please read what I wrote above. I know about it but it is not what I'm looking for. 

Posted (edited)

On 8/17/2019 at 7:47 AM, P_Gora said:

Maybe it is not a bug but it something that is little annoying - in Hs 129 you need to bind axis for mixture control (for every engine at once). In my controls I have two axis binded for 1 and 2 engine. It also works for a one engine planes like Russian fighter (I use mixture for engine one than), but not for the Hs129. Do we really need one more axis just to bind mixture for this plane? 

I test there , and just two axes attend singe and twin engines, including Hs 129, assigned to:

Axis 1* - Engines mixtures control (both)

Axis 1* - Engine 1 mixture control

Axis 2 - Engine 2 mixture control

Work OK, e.g. IL-2, Hs 129 and A-20B.

* Because each axis(or key or button) can be assigned for more than one command.

So axis 1 control mixture in Hs 129 (both engines) or in Il-2 and in A20-B (both engines),

but if "Switch engine 1 control on/off" is ON, axis 1 control  mixture only in engine 1 of A-20B, Hs 129 don't have this option.

Same logic for throttles, RPM.

What is a bit misleading is the engine selection for individual/common operation (for multi engine planes), due the on/off, requiring two keys press for control engine 2 only - in fact because the command "Switch common control of engines on/off" is redundant, I leave this blank.

Edited by Sokol1

Yes it is some solution, but still in actual state I rather quick bind mixture engine one to mixture for all before the start and after the flight delete it. 

All I ask Devs is to connect MIXTURE FOR ALL     to   ------>    MIXTURE FOR ENGINE ONE in this particular plane.