Sign in to follow this  
Bremspropeller

Forum Suggestion: Books Section

Hi admins and fellow forumists,

I think it's very nice that we have history- and developer assistace subforums.

What I think is missing, though is a place to discuss and maybe review books, magazines or articles for other fellow forum users, but also for developers.

No sure how much time developers spend reading books or aricles, or if they're just looking into the condensed data and facts.

It would be interesting to hear fyour opinion on this, folks.

Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

There is a book thread, although not devoted entirely to aviation or military topics: 

• Upvote 1

I would appreciate that proposal very much.

And indeed I have a question concerning one specific book I am after right now, which I found is ridicously priced at amazon. It is this one by J. Richard Smith and Eddie J. Creek called Me 262 Volume 4. I already have Volumes 1+2 (german edition) and Volume 3 (english edition). What I really would like to know is:

a) What exactly is the content of Volume 4? Please don´t hesitate to post a scanned table of content if possible.

b) Which information do I miss if I can´t get access to that book that I cannot get elsewhere?

Thanks!

17 hours ago, sevenless said:

I would appreciate that proposal very much.

And indeed I have a question concerning one specific book I am after right now, which I found is ridicously priced at amazon. It is this one by J. Richard Smith and Eddie J. Creek called Me 262 Volume 4. I already have Volumes 1+2 (german edition) and Volume 3 (english edition). What I really would like to know is:

a) What exactly is the content of Volume 4? Please don´t hesitate to post a scanned table of content if possible.

b) Which information do I miss if I can´t get access to that book that I cannot get elsewhere?

Thanks!

This is the fourth and final volume in J. Richard Smith and Eddie J Creek's chronological study of the Messerschmitt Me 262 and it concludes the work by focusing on the last, desperate days of the jet's daylight combat operations during April and May 1945. Using rare eye-witness accounts, the authors portray both sides of the air war between the Me 262 and Allied piston engine fighters and bombers. The authors have drawn extensively from the personal accounts of both German and Allied pilots as well as thousands of archive documents. Also included in the volume is an in-depth look at various high-speed and swept wing variants and projects and also a detailed study of American, French, British, Czech, and Japanese post-war testing and evaluation and production. This final aspect of the Me 262 story is complemented by many rare photographs taken in both Germany and overseas as well as accompanying full-color artwork.(Buyable in Amazon.uk)

3 minutes ago, Manoxerox said:

This is the fourth and final volume in J. Richard Smith and Eddie J Creek's chronological study of the Messerschmitt Me 262 and it concludes the work by focusing on the last, desperate days of the jet's daylight combat operations during April and May 1945. Using rare eye-witness accounts, the authors portray both sides of the air war between the Me 262 and Allied piston engine fighters and bombers. The authors have drawn extensively from the personal accounts of both German and Allied pilots as well as thousands of archive documents. Also included in the volume is an in-depth look at various high-speed and swept wing variants and projects and also a detailed study of American, French, British, Czech, and Japanese post-war testing and evaluation and production. This final aspect of the Me 262 story is complemented by many rare photographs taken in both Germany and overseas as well as accompanying full-color artwork.(Buyable in Amazon.uk)

Sorry!!  Buyable in amazon.com!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Manoxerox said:

Buyable in amazon.com!!

Thanks. Equally ridiculous price there. So maybe eventually they will do a reprint with sensible pricing.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Manoxerox said:

It is this one by J. Richard Smith and Eddie J. Creek

i have an extra vol2 w/o jacket if anyone is interested, would let go for the price of shipping

Edited by SCG_Tzigy