BlitzPig_EL

New Collector Planes Speculation Thread.

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Yogiflight said:

Come on mate, really? When the graphics for one model is done, the developer, who did the graphics, is free for the next model, while the next developer starts the next developing step for the first aircraft. Like assembly line production....

I am just posting what the devs themselves said, 12 weeks to finish an airplane. Do I need to find the post?

Edited by JonRedcorn

7 hours ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

Spitfire XIV

Meteor.

If a Meteor comes it will probably be a Meteor III... even so, with new Rolls Royce Derwent engines, and increased thrust from 1,700lbs to 2,000lbs, it still falls short from it's potential opposition, the Me 262A.

Meteor III speed at 30,000ft was 493mph and 453mph at sea level... The Me 262A would attain 536mph at 23,000ft.

And yes, in reality, the two never met, but in game they obviously will as some people will want a bit of IL2 1946 action.

17 minutes ago, Trooper117 said:

If a Meteor comes it will probably be a Meteor III... even so, with new Rolls Royce Derwent engines, and increased thrust from 1,700lbs to 2,000lbs, it still falls short from it's potential opposition, the Me 262A.

Meteor III speed at 30,000ft was 493mph and 453mph at sea level... The Me 262A would attain 536mph at 23,000ft.

And yes, in reality, the two never met, but in game they obviously will as some people will want a bit of IL2 1946 action.

Close enough for horseshoes and hand grenades? :)

I'd be interested to see what a Meteor vs Me262 fight would be like. Even if they never met historically. They *could have* in other circumstances... and if memory serves, almost did except for another Allied flight got involved and the Meteors were nearly attacked as the pilots were shooting at any jet.

16 minutes ago, ShamrockOneFive said:

Close enough for horseshoes and hand grenades? :)

I'd be interested to see what a Meteor vs Me262 fight would be like. Even if they never met historically. They *could have* in other circumstances... and if memory serves, almost did except for another Allied flight got involved and the Meteors were nearly attacked as the pilots were shooting at any jet.

They never got even close. The case you're thinking of is Meteors almost engaging a flight of FW 190s, which would have been their one and only encounter with German aircraft at all, but they had to break off because of the other allied flight.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JonRedcorn said:

I am just posting what the devs themselves said, 12 weeks to finish an airplane. Do I need to find the post?

But this does not mean, that all devs work through this 12 weeks currently on this one aircraft. Like I posted above, one guy starts working on the aircraft and when he is ready with his part, the next one takes over and does his job on this aircraft, and then the next. But in this time the first developer of course starts the next aircraft and so on. So yes, the time for one aircraft might be 12 weeks, but in this time they work on several aircrafts at once.

Aircraft are designed in parallel. That is why we will get the P-51, P-38 and possibly the Tempest at the same time. It is not a linear process, either individually or collectively.

• Like 1

As long as theirs no more 109's and 190's ill be happy my hanger is full of those variants

what i hope to see not touching the pacific theater yet would be...

Horten Ho 229

Hurricane 

B-24

B-25

B-17

B-29

1 hour ago, Winglesschip209 said:

As long as theirs no more 109's and 190's ill be happy my hanger is full of those variants

what i hope to see not touching the pacific theater yet would be...

Horten Ho 229

Hurricane 

B-24

B-25

B-17

B-29

Be prepared to be 67% disappointed.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Winglesschip209 said:

Horten Ho 229

Hurricane 

B-24

B-25

B-17

B-29

Horten 229: Never entered service, so wouldn't be worth the resources

Hurricane: I think these Collectors would be for Bodenplatte.

B-25: AI VERSION ONLY!! The amount of work for the cockpit, gunners would probably take the same amount of time for the AI version

B-17, B-29, B-24. NO NO and a BIG NO. Like the B-25. TOO MUCH WORK. This isn't the old days of IL-2 1946 and CFS3. Making aircraft is a painstaking effort these days.

• Upvote 1

I'd really like to see the mossie, just think of the raiding missions that could be made, all low level stuff. 

B-17, B-29, B-24. NO NO and a BIG NO. Like the B-25. TOO MUCH WORK. This isn't the old days of IL-2 1946 and CFS3. Making aircraft is a painstaking effort these days.

And why devs couldn't do this effort to give us some of the most important planes of this time ? Seriously… I don't care piloting these things, but having 262 and 30 mm guns fw190 and not the bombers they were designed to fight with is really strange.

34 minutes ago, ulfricsombrage said:

And why devs couldn't do this effort to give us some of the most important planes of this time ? Seriously… I don't care piloting these things, but having 262 and 30 mm guns fw190 and not the bombers they were designed to fight with is really strange.

Return on investment? That's a pretty good reason.

• Upvote 3

Im gonna throw in a other wild guess:

The Brewster Buffalo and the Macchi C200.

Solely based on the comments I've read about the community made battle of Finland map.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jade_Monkey said:

Solely based on the comments I've read about the community made battle of Finland map.

That'd be insanely fun but I don't think that map is anywhere close to being available or finished.

I do hope they can take us back to that theatre at some point though.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, ulfricsombrage said:

"Battle of Bodenplatte" portrays the air war over the Low Countries and Western Germany from September 1944 to March 1945 and not the, by then, deteriorated Defence of the Reich.

The Me 262 is included because KG 51, a fighter-bomber unit, was equipped with it. Fw 190 A-8/R2 of IV./JG 3 and II./JG 4 took part in the Ardennes Offensive and Unternehmen Bodenplatte itself.

Speaking of bombers in general, BoBP had to be focused on fighter(-bombers). That's why the Ar 234 B-2 and Mitchell II should be the top priorities in terms of collector planes.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Considering how much "historicity" goes on in your average Multiplayer server, having meteors and 262's duke it out is prolly the smallest offender her.

Edited by Cpt_Siddy
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Jade_Monkey said:

Those would be an instant buy. 

It seems there has been an upswing of votes for the Meteor; having the Meteor III opens up possibility of having the earlier mark too if we have Operation crossbow (although limited to V1 rocket intercepts) and the associated attacks over Northern Europe. I have brain farted the other tactical operation at the time, and if we're not heading to the Pacific next then maybe this period could be a good one to cover...

But, would we likely get to two British collector Planes?

Meteor, Mosquito or Spitfire XIV?

Axis plane?

Me410? 

1 minute ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

Just about anything they'd release probably would be. What would not be a good plane? Well, seaplanes or really niche stuff like a Po-2 (which is the only plane I don't have). 

11 minutes ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

Dam right they would. The MC.200 has a history on the eastern front, I don't know enough about the Buffalo though. But still, a couple of interesting planes.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Atlasapl said:

Dam right they would. The MC.200 has a history on the eastern front, I don't know enough about the Buffalo though. But still, a couple of interesting planes.

Buffalo had quite an interesting history, my first encounter with it was with the Matchbox 1/72 model kit. I'd like it too in context, but it's a bit ugly which gives it its charm.

This is the matchbox kit:

• Like 1

Soo... What would present B-29 over North-West Europe anyway ??? 

If developers team remains together, after BP is finished, maybe to take a good rest, and make some Battle for Malta project or Reich defense 1943/1944... or some Asia/Pacific project ?

P51B or C - Hawker Typhoon or spitfire Mk14 since it fits Boddenplate timeframe and would be easy to produce,with recently done material.

15 hours ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

Maybe that's the surprise?

what would suprise me is them anouncing another 109 or 190 as collectable airplane 😄

Another dream pairing...

Hs 123 and I-153

Game needs more late biplanes.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

Another dream pairing...

Hs 123 and I-153

Game needs more late biplanes.

The I-153 has been mentioned quite often in related topics also.

Let's hope the dev team picks up the resonance.

Wouid be nice the winter version is included...

i153-5.jpg

• Upvote 2

Hoping for Ar-234 &  Meteor. Jason hinted that an jet dog fight with the meteor and 262 would be interesting in an interview a while back and I love the 234 on il2 46. 

I also think these two aircraft had the closest thing to all jet encouter during ww2 when a base housing meteors was bombed by some Ar-234's but buy the time the meteors where airbourne the Ar-234's were long gone.   

My vote goes to Me 109 G-10   /   P-51B  ( ...western dogfights) 

On 8/23/2019 at 1:51 PM, Trooper117 said:

The Me 262A would attain 536mph at 23,000ft.

Yeah, but whomp rats aren’t much bigger than 2 metres.

• Haha 1

On 8/24/2019 at 6:43 PM, Jade_Monkey said:

If we talk about Finland, that would be Fiat G.50. Finns didn't fly C200s. Italians did in southern part of eastern front well up to Stalingrad. IMO more important fighter then MC202.

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, Brano said:

If we talk about Finland, that would be Fiat G.50. Finns didn't fly C200s. Italians did in southern part of eastern front well up to Stalingrad. IMO more important fighter then MC202.

That's right.

On 8/24/2019 at 6:43 PM, Jade_Monkey said:

I believed it was only me. I wonder how many that want these early war planes? 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, LuseKofte said:

I believed it was only me. I wonder how many that want these early war planes? 

If I had to guess, probably as many as want late war planes.

• Upvote 1

On 8/23/2019 at 10:07 PM, Novice-Flyer said:

Horten 229: Never entered service, so wouldn't be worth the resources

Hurricane: I think these Collectors would be for Bodenplatte.

B-25: AI VERSION ONLY!! The amount of work for the cockpit, gunners would probably take the same amount of time for the AI version

I would have to agree with you 100 percent unfortunately your probably right but it would be nice 

My guess?

Li-2/C-47 (or just an Li-2 with a couple C-47 skins)

And of course...

The swordfish. Seeing how popular the Po-2 seemingly was, it'd be a no-brainer to add. ;D

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1