BlitzPig_EL

New Collector Planes Speculation Thread.

Okay, i think we collected enough votes for the Me 410 and Mossie. Let's make it official! ;) 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, Asgar said:

Okay, i think we collected enough votes for the Me 410

I hope not, germans are already lacking planes that would fit this 5 planes per expansion pliticis. Me410 is perfect plane for possible expansion and also something that should be in one, not a premium plane. It also does not seem right to charge +20$ for a fighter-bomber after making fighter only expansion. Ground attacking fans were disapointed with BoBP and now would get fighter-bomber that thay have to pay for? It's not really about $ but fact that non fighters were ignored in BoBP and if you want to play with one, you have to pay for that chance.

I really hope they won't go that way and something "premium" should be premium and not one of the main planes. If anything, Ar 234 fits this premium style much better that Me410. Not much were made, it's something "special". Leave Me410 and Mosquito as core planes. It's not a problem for someone who buys everything but i would think lots of regular players would be disappointed.

• Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, InProgress said:

I hope not, germans are already lacking planes that would fit this 5 planes per expansion pliticis. Me410 is perfect plane for possible expansion and also something that should be in one, not a premium plane. It also does not seem right to charge +20$ for a fighter-bomber after making fighter only expansion. Ground attacking fans were disapointed with BoBP and now would get fighter-bomber that thay have to pay for? It's not really about $ but fact that non fighters were ignored in BoBP and if you want to play with one, you have to pay for that chance.

I really hope they won't go that way and something "premium" should be premium and not one of the main planes. If anything, Ar 234 fits this premium style much better that Me410. Not much were made, it's something "special". Leave Me410 and Mosquito as core planes. It's not a problem for someone who buys everything but i would think lots of regular players would be disappointed.

The Me 410 never was the main Zerstörer, it always supplemented the fleet of Bf 110s, so it is perfect as a collector plane. It is very interesting and versatile but not the main airframe used.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Asgar said:

The Me 410 never was the main Zerstörer, it always supplemented the fleet of Bf 110s, so it is perfect as a collector plane. It is very interesting and versatile but not the main airframe used.

So fly old 110 or pay for much faster and better 410? P2W? :P It's simply a bad choice. I would buy anything anyway, not a problem to me, but it does not seem like a good choice. If me262 was premium, it would piss off a lot of people. "P2W!!! 20$ plane, best in the game!". Same could be here, making premium plane that is much better than previous version from core set does not seem right. Maybe in the end no one will care, maybe it will make lot of people angry.

I hope we get new aircraft and not variants of exiting ones. They are more attractive this way to buyers, at least for me.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Jaegermeister said:

I’m gonna go with this....

6877-BE7-D-8-DE5-4-B1-C-9699-9819290761-

everybody knows what that is, how can we omit it? 😎

Since everyone is so curious... 🙄 I’ll spill the beans. It’s a P40-Q with a Packard Merlin and a 2 Stage Supercharger. Since the Mustang was already in production, they never got a contract for it. It would be fun to see it modeled though. (There might have been other reasons too)

I guess the B-25 is the obvious one since the internal modeling is all that’s left.

I would be happy if the other one was the Li-2/C-47/Dakota since we really need that aircraft for Allied paratrooper and transport duties.

• Like 1

Wow that p40 is sleek never heard of that one. I wonder how they flew

B-25, Spitfire XIV would be my first two guesses with the third being a wildcard. I mean it could really be anything from a late war yak, to a mossie or even the me410. 

Posted (edited)

25947252871_461e188cb6_b.jpg
;) Anybody say 470mph+ @ 32,000ft?

Edited by DSR_T-888

7 hours ago, Ropalcz said:

My tips: 1) Me 410

2) Mossie (FB or B)

3) BF 109 G-14/AS

4) Spitfire Mk. XIV

You know what is the problem with G-14/AS? Is better make the G-10 as another plane, and make G-14/AS as modification in the future for G-14. G-14/AS and G-6/AS are the very same thing. In fact. If we want accuracy we should have AM and AS engine modifications for G-6 because on it was on use. But G-14 is enough to do that as a G-6 with AM engine. 

3 minutes ago, Bremspropeller said:

The Ki-61 doesn't get enough love in this thread.

Japanese planes in general need more love, PTO cant come soon enough. I just want to defend the home islands! 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Bremspropeller said:

There is no interrest in japanese plane at that moment. It's better to have plane which suit to the map we have, than plane which could arrive without any map. Asking japanese plane is a non sens at that moment. When we have the PTO, then ok, but until that it's a waste of time.

• Upvote 2

Try the DCS forum.

26 minutes ago, Bremspropeller said:

29 minutes ago, Bremspropeller said:

ichiban.jpg

ngnb.jpg

banzaicopy8uu.jpg

😁

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Complete and utter mix, this thread is. The topic was speculation (what you think will happen) - yet it full of wants  too. The other thread started about wants was locked after people complained it was redundant - makes no sense. 😂

• Upvote 1

It would be interesting to see an estimate of how much time it takes to implement a standard single engine plane where you have no freebies in the form of 3D parts or systems from previous planes. Let's say an M.S.406...

Something like:

Research / Data: 200-300h

External 3D model with LOD: 200-400 h

Texture / UW: 100-200h

Cockpit 3D model: 100-200 h

Instruments / Systems implementation: 100-200h

Engine / prop implementation: 80-120h

Damage modeling: 100-200h

Flight Model: 200-300h

Sound: 80-160h

Localization: 40-80h

Importing: 40h

Testing: 200-400h

And then how much time is added for "different normal complexities" like weird sights etc. And yes - even though I joked about demanding a 4-engine ac I know they have some core engine limitations that are a lot tougher like >3 engines not implemented in the core etc. I guess an airborne radar for a 110 NF would be a beast to add etc. 

It would be interesting to know how much time is reduced if it uses an engine that already exists etc... 

I think there is enough observable/anecdotal data to say single engine aircraft built by the Dev team is in the five to eight month range. 3rd party is probably a little longer but will decrease with further collaborations.

Why isn't there a betting pool open on what birds will be chosen? How could we start a poll using what's been suggested in this thread (not easy I know) and use the results to track who got it right? Maybe list by pairings instead of individual planes... Hurricane+Hs124, Mossie+Me410, C47+Gotha, etc...

The winner(s) could get an awesome cash prize,  or a whirlwind all-expenses-paid weekend in Moscow, or a free download of the collector aeroplane(s) that they guessed. Or a cookie. 

2 hours ago, Bremspropeller said:

To be fair, that's not quite the place for it. The 2 new collector's plane will almost certainly (and I say almost because it is impossible to be 100% certain about anything outside of mathematics :P) be planes relevant to the BoBP setting.

Let's wait for Battle of Midway before positing Pacific Collector's fighters. :)

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, 71st_AH_Yankee_ said:

To be fair, that's not quite the place for it. The 2 new collector's plane will almost certainly (and I say almost because it is impossible to be 100% certain about anything outside of mathematics :P) be planes relevant to the BoBP setting.

Let's wait for Battle of Midway before positing Pacific Collector's fighters. :)

Yes, completely agree regarding Pacific aircraft - no chance of stand-alone collector planes being released for Pacific - that is pretty much for certain.

However...I guess we can read into things differently. When they announce that there will be some new collector planes coming (and I am assuming stand alone - as I think most of you are), then to me that perhaps signifies a fleshing out opportunity (adding aircraft to pre-existing theaters before they move on in a standard release elsewhere). I don't think there is a big opportunity to add on to Bodenplatte IF they intend to do another European release (or more). That is why I think there is a decent chance that most will be East front suitable aircraft (because I see a return to Russia for next edition (or next few) very unlikely (but could be wrong)). If they are going to throw out there European theater appropriate stuff for stand alone collector planes (especially major theater aircraft) - then I think that will signify a big theater shift incoming afterward...so no, I disagree that is has to be BoBP releated aircraft.

Ultimately it ENTIRELY depends on what their next standard release is going to be and what their plans are for the future of BOX is...we will have to wait and see.

If it hasn't been mentioned yet....

Grumman Martlet.

Definitely would cause even mucho more speculation.... 😊

We already know about possible planes in the pipeline, B-25, Li-2 etc... they have been brought up in conversation by Jason.

The fact that the 2 new collectors planes will not be made public yet suggests that these are new, a surprise... something we weren't expecting.

• Upvote 1

If the two new, not yet revealed, collector planes are indeed for BoBP, then look what we do know about BoBP. The planes that will be included are:-

109 G-14, 109 K-4, 190 A-8, 262.

P51D, P47D, Spitfire IX, Tempest V

Plus P-38J & 190 D-9.

With that in mind, why would any of the two unannounced planes be yet another 109?

A Spitfire XIV is possible, assuming it served in those areas in that time frame.

Both the 410 and Mosquito can make a case for inclusion.

If you squint, turn around three times and cross your fingers, maybe even a Meteor. Even though they would not allow it to fly over enemy territory.

Maybe a new twin engined bomber.

But the one thing that makes me wonder is this. BoBP is currently on early access. I am assuming it will be fully live by early next year. What if the two new planes are not for BoBP? What if they are for a different 'early access' chapter?

Unlikely I know. But still.

Meteors were deployed to B.58 Melsbroek on 4th Feb 1945.

On 19th March, one Meteor was damaged after an airfield raid by two Ar 234's by fragmentation bombs.

Later, the Meteors moved to B.77 Gilze Rijen to join 135 Wing.

They then carried out ground strafing and armed recce's, moving forward to other airfields as the front lines changed.

At the end of hostilities they had carried out 14 wartime sorties, only destroying ground targets, no airborne kills, and never once encountered an enemy jet

2 hours ago, Trooper117 said:

We already know about possible planes in the pipeline, B-25, Li-2 etc... they have been brought up in conversation by Jason.

The fact that the 2 new collectors planes will not be made public yet suggests that these are new, a surprise... something we weren't expecting.

Agree with this. 

I wonder what the RAF Museum at Hendon let Jason have a look over?  He visited twice.:)

2 hours ago, Stoopy said:

Grumman Martlet.

Mmmmm.....Martlet.......mmmmmm

IMG-1625.jpg

IMG-1628.jpg

IMG-1630.jpg

IMG-1734.jpg

IMG-1771.jpg

:o:

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, DD_Arthur said:

I wonder what the RAF Museum at Hendon let Jason have a look over?  He visited twice

I've been there and remember no Martlet!

I just can't forget the Avro Vulcan... what a sight. Hey! Do you suppose the next iterarion could be.... GREAT BATTLE SERIES: BATTLE FOR THE MALVINAS ... (cough) I mean FALKLANDS?

Edited by danielprates
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, II/JG17_HerrMurf said:

I think there is enough observable/anecdotal data to say single engine aircraft built by the Dev team is in the five to eight month range. 3rd party is probably a little longer but will decrease with further collaborations.

The devs have said it takes 12 weeks.

3 hours ago, Trooper117 said:

That..or simply they are waiting to include it in a future of the series announcement (that they aren't quite ready (or wanting) to make just yet).

1 hour ago, DD_Arthur said:

Mmmmm.....Martlet.......mmmmmm

Yeah, man....see what I'm sayin?

What better way to announce the next possible direction, without announcing the next possible direction.  ;)

3 hours ago, Atlasapl said:

If the two new, not yet revealed, collector planes are indeed for BoBP, then look what we do know about BoBP. The planes that will be included are:-

109 G-14, 109 K-4, 190 A-8, 262.

P51D, P47D, Spitfire IX, Tempest V

Plus P-38J & 190 D-9.

With that in mind, why would any of the two unannounced planes be yet another 109?

Agreed. A Bf109 would be extremely unlikely at this point. We already have a substantial collection and both the G-14 and K-4 represent the essential types from this time period. I love versions of versions but a G-10 wouldn't offer anything the G-14 or K-4 don't already offer.

3 hours ago, Atlasapl said:

A Spitfire XIV is possible, assuming it served in those areas in that time frame.

Both the 410 and Mosquito can make a case for inclusion.

If you squint, turn around three times and cross your fingers, maybe even a Meteor. Even though they would not allow it to fly over enemy territory.

Maybe a new twin engined bomber.

But the one thing that makes me wonder is this. BoBP is currently on early access. I am assuming it will be fully live by early next year. What if the two new planes are not for BoBP? What if they are for a different 'early access' chapter?

Unlikely I know. But still.

All of those are possible though I suspect a twin engined bomber is unlikely due to the development time. Even the Me410 with two stations may make it less likely to include. The Mosquito, Meteor, Spitfire XIV, all make compelling cases. So does a Typhoon though that may depend on what they plan to do in the future.

Also very unlikely to not be Battle of Bodenplatte related. There are 10 aircraft for that title and two more adds to the variety. Adding extra East Front aircraft adds variety in an area that's now had three titles built out. I'd love to see more but we don't need more at this moment. Adding Pacific aircraft adds types that don't have a place to exist and really only benefit multiplayer dogfight scenarios - not single player historical campaigns.

These new Collector Planes will be Bodenplatte related with 99% certainty.

• Upvote 3

I am standing by my choices in my original post.

Spitfire XIV

Meteor.

you know, the Catalina with bombs would be nifty, but the B-25 is a must. used in large numbers by US and soviet. 

5 hours ago, JonRedcorn said:

The devs have said it takes 12 weeks.

That’s for the model. All up with FM, alpha and beta is clearly longer.

5 hours ago, II/JG17_HerrMurf said:

That’s for the model. All up with FM, alpha and beta is clearly longer.

Don't think so. 10 planes would be 120 weeks or about 2 years. 

8 minutes ago, JonRedcorn said:

Don't think so. 10 planes would be 120 weeks or about 2 years. 

Come on mate, really? When the graphics for one model is done, the developer, who did the graphics, is free for the next model, while the next developer starts the next developing step for the first aircraft. Like assembly line production....