BlitzPig_EL

New Collector Planes Speculation Thread.

2 hours ago, Bremspropeller said:

2) The nocturnal intruder mission is one of the reasons why I'm hyped about the Mosquito.

I would like to see more night operations too. Don't you think though that the game would have to model waaaay more RL procedures that are insofar absent in the game, with no hint as to they being on the roadmap? Like asking air controllers for bearings, nav radio equipment, better blind landing equipment.... all those things existed and were used in the 40s - heck, I woukd say all those night missions would be really impossible without them. The game hasn't touched that yet, rightly so perhaps, as up until today the scope of air combat covered was merely daytime ops.... to be frank I tried some Po2 night flights and night bombibgs with ju88s, and without the proper gear it all seems so pointless.... 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

On 8/19/2019 at 6:31 PM, danielprates said:

to be frank I tried some Po2 night flights [snip], and without the proper gear it all seems so pointless...

Well @Gambit21 has a very cool, "infinitely re-playable" U-2 mission that he wrote. It is a great deal of fun...if you're into nights getting shelled whilst taxiing for takeoff...or bombed by an Fw-190 on takeoff...hunting trains...or chasing convoys...or bombing train stations...or troop bivouacs...or Ju-52s parked on an airfield...or getting lit up by AA at 100 meters height...or finding your airfield overrun when you return. 

Edited by busdriver
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, busdriver said:

Nobody is suggesting including PBYs and TBD Devastators, but your hyperbole is noted. One man's historical accuracy is another person's WarThunder...who knew? :drinks:

There were some PBYs used for air/sea rescue in the ETO so it wouldn't be a complete stretch of the imagination.

On 8/17/2019 at 3:47 AM, Juri_JS said:

@Shamrock

Didn't Jason mention the Li-2/C-47 and Yak-9 in one of your interviews?

Yep but I think that's wishful thinking on the Yak-9 and the Li-2 project will probably be handled by Ugra Media and wouldn't be part of this effort.

9 hours ago, danielprates said:

I would like to see more night operations too. Don't you think though that the game would have to model waaaay more RL procedures that are insofar absent in the game, with no hint as to they being on the roadmap? Like asking air controllers for bearings, nav radio equipment, better blind landing equipment.... all those things existed and were used in the 40s - heck, I woukd say all those night missions would be really impossible without them. The game hasn't touched that yet, rightly so perhaps, as up until today the scope of air combat covered was merely daytime ops.... to be frank I tried some Po2 night flights and night bombibgs with ju88s, and without the proper gear it all seems so pointless.... 

Do you guys think the tech required for that wil be developed with the next pacific release, and can be adopted into the op bodenplatte map as well?

Considering nightfighting came very late in it´s dev-circle to il46 as a mod, will it be the same this time?

i would love a heavy night/dayfighter like a ju88 g6 or something like that

• Upvote 2

My top secret wish list:

C47/ Li-2

Fi Storch

Fw 189

Yak 3 (yak 9)

Aaaaand some 4 engine bombers, 

• Like 1

When you think of it, because there are so many of the common german planes already in existence, it makes it hard to see how they would create what would be a "normal" planeset for something like Battle of Bagration. I wouldn't expect that to be coming for that reason. If they want to keep following their current battle model with planes from both sides, they're almost forced to go Pacific where there's a huge number of aircraft they can create.

What makes sense for collector's planes? B-25. It could be used here, in Russia, and in the Pacific. That's a win in so many ways. Plus everyone would buy it, and the exterior is being done already. Sure it would be complex but it makes sense. I'd like to see a B-26 but that seems too much work, though Jason pushed for it previously. German plane that makes sense is the A9. It was in BoBP, actually was flown, and they built about 1000 of them. The other types are rare unimportant types. Ar 234...I'm not sure what that would bring over what we have in a Me-262. 

Spitfire XIV makes sense as well. 

Looking glass says pacific soon™ as it's wide open for additional content. What would make a good first step would be New Guinea, not Midway. The somewhat Kuban like terrain with the Owen Stanley range, plus the fact that the fighting went on from 41 to nearly the end of the war, makes it great to be represented. Also, if you make the map big enough, it can cover the naval battle of the coral sea, which would allow you to use the USN aircraft from the early war. You could also ease your way into naval warfare and prototype stuff that you would need later.

I suspect they would still go midway first though.

Of course, they could just add in something that is missing from another pack from somewhere else, say a Yak-9T for kursk or a BF-110F for stalingrad, but that seems unlikely.

just realized i haven't posted a Me 410 today. So here it is:

Me_410_A-3_at_Collyweston_1944.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Asgar said:

just realized i haven't posted a Me 410 today. So here it is:

Me_410_A-3_at_Collyweston_1944.jpg

You can almost here them talking. "It sure as bloody 'ell isn't a Mossie, now is it govna?"

Edited by Rjel

Even though it's already more or less confirmed, I'd imagine the C-47 would be the first because of its sheer ubiquity. The Soviets had used the Li-2 since 1939, and the Americans and British both used it on virtually every front. Even the Japanese used the (albeit considerably different) L2D.

• Like 1

Despite what I said earlier, let's have a Do335. That plane was fun! And who made that campaign in Il-2 46 where the the Pfeil was taking off from the road? First mission, I was taxying when some jerk ran across the road in front of me and I had to stand on the brakes! Laughed until I cried. Priceless. :yahoo:

3 hours ago, Weegas said:

Even though it's already more or less confirmed, I'd imagine the C-47 would be the first because of its sheer ubiquity. 

My good sir (or madam) your reputation will be docked points for the flagrant violation of ending a sentence with a multi-syllabic word. Carry on.:salute:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Red_Cat said:

Despite what I said earlier, let's have a Do335. That plane was fun! And who made that campaign in Il-2 46 where the the Pfeil was taking off from the road? First mission, I was taxying when some jerk ran across the road in front of me and I had to stand on the brakes! Laughed until I cried. Priceless. :yahoo:

The Pfeil sure fits the timeframe, that would be one hell of a plane to have.

2 hours ago, Red_Cat said:

Despite what I said earlier, let's have a Do335. That plane was fun!

Reminds me of SWOTL in the 90s. Great game that was.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, [I./JG62]steppa said:

Do you guys think the tech required for that wil be developed with the next pacific release, and can be adopted into the op bodenplatte map as well?

Considering nightfighting came very late in it´s dev-circle to il46 as a mod, will it be the same this time?

That's the benefit of the model that 1CGS is using for IL-2. Core tech improvements benefit the whole series and 1CGS seems to do a good job of going back and adding things in if they can.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, ShamrockOneFive said:

going back and adding things in if they can.

Like recording soundfiles for a radar operator and groundbased radar guidance for a weird modification of a german medium bomber? When there are so many theaters of operations and timeframes with so many iconic aircraft are still available to be modeled and sold? I´m sure the required tech (more particle effects, all the electronics, 4 engined bombers, etc.) will be made, my question is more about the timeframe as indicated by my second question. And i highly doubt this will happen the next 3 years.

I suppose this has to do with the very very small demand for a nightfighter/nightbomber expansion.

I guess my real question is: should i learn code or to make 3dsmax models of the planes i´d like to fly and fight in the most and give them to 1CGS or wait 4 years and hope for the best?

Oh and to the first part, i know how these guys operate, i´ve been here for a while. I bought the game in 2014 as a hardcopy with the big folding map in the box, best spontaneous purchase i ever made.

Greetings

Posted (edited)

I am actually surprised that there are not more people here daring to toss the the four engine card on the table :)

We have all heard the devs saying that the technical implications of four engines are the height of Mount Everest and the effort to model all the crew stations of a B-17 or Lanc is like the K2!

Bullocks I say, they have been spitting our awesome models and cool new features now for years - let's all go on strike and stop posting here on this forum if we don't get a B-17! I know you all wan't a reincarnation of the Mighty 8th as much as I do. You just have to find the courage to say so... Just add a tiny strip of Norfolk and a big slab of ocean to the BOBP map and we are ready to buckle up! Sell that as a USD 49 addon to BOBP. And if they have to make the waist gunner positions unmannable - who would really use them more than once? And if the ball turret is not done with all details - is it really such a problem? How much time have you spent on the left shoulder MG in the Ju-88? Honestly?

Or wait - they might see that threat as a gift from heaven?

EDIT - accept for the sake of it, how many minutes have you actually spent in ANY gunner position in IL2? Just model the pilot, bombardier and maybe the top and rear gunner for the sake of it... 

Edited by mazex
  • Confused 2

36 minutes ago, mazex said:

I am actually surprised that there are not more people here daring to toss the the four engine card on the table

So who tells him?

• Upvote 1

My prediction based on all the polls i saw.

1.- Spitfire Mk XIV

2.- De Havilland DH.98 Mosquito (XIII or XVII)

3.- Bf-109G10

4.- Ta-152H

5.- Arado 234 "Blitz"

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, -332FG-Ursus_ said:

4.- Ta-152H

Ohw yeah, I had forgotten about this annomalous mount. Seems likelly too, some of it is already modelled on the fw190d9 (though I can imagine that none of the FW can be used as a shortcut).

Isn't it a very high altitude interceptor though? What would we use it against?

2 minutes ago, danielprates said:

Ohw yeah, I had forgotten about this annomalous mount. Seems likelly too, some of it is already modelled on the fw190d9 (though I can imagine that none of the FW can be used as a shortcut).

Isn't it a very high altitude interceptor though? What would we use it against?

D9 and Ta-152 are 2 different concepts.

Engine isn't the same. Wings aren't the same. Fuselage either and ammo either... So, i think D9 can't be used as a shortcut. But, Ta-152H can be fighting US Fighters over 6000K no problem and surpass them.

I’m gonna go with this....

6877-BE7-D-8-DE5-4-B1-C-9699-9819290761-

everybody knows what that is, how can we omit it? 😎

• Like 2

3 hours ago, -332FG-Ursus_ said:

D9 and Ta-152 are 2 different concepts.

Engine isn't the same. Wings aren't the same. Fuselage either and ammo either... So, i think D9 can't be used as a shortcut. But, Ta-152H can be fighting US Fighters over 6000K no problem and surpass them.

No kidding!

I was talking about using some of the 3D modelling. Graphic modeling. I was not saying the two planes are the same, I know about them. The physical resemblance could ease the creation of the 3d model tho, that's all I'm sayin'.

7 hours ago, [I./JG62]steppa said:

Like recording soundfiles for a radar operator and groundbased radar guidance for a weird modification of a german medium bomber? When there are so many theaters of operations and timeframes with so many iconic aircraft are still available to be modeled and sold? I´m sure the required tech (more particle effects, all the electronics, 4 engined bombers, etc.) will be made, my question is more about the timeframe as indicated by my second question. And i highly doubt this will happen the next 3 years.

I suppose this has to do with the very very small demand for a nightfighter/nightbomber expansion.

I guess my real question is: should i learn code or to make 3dsmax models of the planes i´d like to fly and fight in the most and give them to 1CGS or wait 4 years and hope for the best?

Oh and to the first part, i know how these guys operate, i´ve been here for a while. I bought the game in 2014 as a hardcopy with the big folding map in the box, best spontaneous purchase i ever made.

Greetings

These days when the team does something they tend to do it really well. So, maybe yes to all of if they went that direction. I don't think they will do a whole nightfighting element to things but if they did - I think they'd go back and make sure they had done it well.

I'm impressed with the hardcopy. I've never seen one. Ever!

44 minutes ago, danielprates said:

No kidding!

I was talking about using some of the 3D modelling. Graphic modeling. I was not saying the two planes are the same, I know about them. The physical resemblance could ease the creation of the 3d model tho, that's all I'm sayin'.

As a 3D modeler yes,  I would definitely use the Dora mesh as a starting point on the model.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, -332FG-Ursus_ said:

My prediction based on all the polls i saw.

1.- Spitfire Mk XIV

2.- De Havilland DH.98 Mosquito (XIII or XVII)

3.- Bf-109G10

4.- Ta-152H

5.- Arado 234 "Blitz"

De Havilland DH.98 Mosquito (XIII or XVII) and Ta-152H dont fit any map in game as no bases to operate from so hard to imagine they would go for airplane like that with history of collectable airplanes choices. Other are posible, only Mosquitos that have base to operate from on bobp map for now is PR Mk. XVI.

• Upvote 1

My tips: 1) Me 410

2) Mossie (FB or B)

3) BF 109 G-14/AS

4) Spitfire Mk. XIV

If it turns out to be the Mosquito, I think I would replace the "I'm wounded!" sound sample with the 633 Squadron theme...

• Haha 1

On 8/20/2019 at 12:58 PM, jann3man said:

i would love a heavy night/dayfighter like a ju88 g6 or something like that

there was ~40 Ju88G1 and G6 participating in BoBp operation, so its good chance to be Ju-88G if they go for prop twin engined axis airplane.

• Like 1

I am absolutely positive to the Mosquito. It will bring a need for a Beufighter in costal environment or over the jungle in New Guinea later on. 

With all these one engines hotrods already coming, I can accept a Typhoon thank you very much. But like it to be schnell bombers 

Still think they are going to pay homage to east front at least in part - so IAR 80 and Hurricane I think are entirely possible (and both will sell decent, especially Hurricane) - not saying these are what I want, just saying I think these are possible.

If they put out a Mosquito now, I think that ends a dream of Italian theater - but if they are going to shift away from western front to Pacific, I sure would like to get my hands on it...and a Typhoon, ...and an Me-410, ...and a Razorback P-47, ...and a P-51 A, ...and a P-51 B....no, don't leave yet....😭

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, ShamrockOneFive said:

I've never seen one.

Spoiler

hardcopy.thumb.jpg.afbb35f8c37e06e4ab81f22f82ece120.jpg

sorry for :poster_offtopic:

My dream is that they decide to do it after we have a Normandy map, and 2-3 late pacific ones. Then we will have most tech needed (mainly ai with can handle more planes) and loads of planes which were modified to use radar(Hellcat, He111, Fw190A8, Ju88, Mossie, Me262, Bf110, Corsair, Havoc, and maybe a Yak-9 and Pe-3) so they can implement it for all theaters at once. Modeling shouldn´t be too extensive so this may allow them to work on the next installment and don´t get bankrupted by my exotic wishes.

Who knows.

PS. what i know for sure is that i´ll drop 300+ on a Ju88G.

Greetings

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Would love a ME410, Dornier 17 and something i know wont happen but still one can dream right? Avro Lancaster

Edited by Mainstay