BlitzPig_EL

New Collector Planes Speculation Thread.

1 hour ago, Gambit21 said:

Everytime you do I realize that I need to do this. I think we (you) have tested enough. I’ll write up the description this week, adjust the default fuel load and turn it over.

Please do! That sounds awesome

Wishful thinking here...

Me 410B and Mosquito

or

Li-2/C-47 and Storch

• Upvote 1

I really think (and hope) it will be Li-2. I will never really fly it but new transport plane could mean new options for ju52, long awaited medevac or troop transport/evacuation from Pitomnik. And i think planes like IAR 80 fit premium plane style more than just another bf109 or some other allies plane that was used a lot. I always liked when premium planes were something special, Land Lease plane for soviets, some unusual planes like hs129 or diffrent nation machines like mc202.

So i think it would be Li-2 (and it should be) but instead of planes like me410, spitfires etc. I would rather see IAR80, Fw189, Storch, night version of bf110 with radar. Something that feels like premium plane than just diffrent version of 109 or spitfire.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i'd rather have a Me 410 than a 110 with radar or a new stuka with a StuVi (which could then be added to our 87 D-3 and Ju-88 A-4

Mix the 110+Radar and the 410, add a pinch of mossie and two dozen grasshoppers and you'll get...

I'd buy ten.

NASM-SI-2006-20931.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, Luftschiff said:

Mix the 110+Radar and the 410, add a pinch of mossie and two dozen grasshoppers and you'll get...

I'd buy ten.

NASM-SI-2006-20931.jpg

Beauty!

For me one of the most beautiful planes ever build

Edited by Voidhunger
  • Upvote 4

This topic is sort of wanted, because of this

And last but not least, we have begun preliminary work on a couple of cool Collector Planes. We aren’t announcing them quite yet, but they will available for pre-order later this year and then in your hangar next year. Sorry, no hints yet!

They know that we would make speculations! it is a long time tradition here!

As for collector... C47/Li2 for sure (I hope this since years!) with new loadouts I hope: medvac, vip...

And Fi156 for new gameplay: artillery spotting, which will work as well for Po2 and Flying circus planes since they have radio modification

Finger crossed, but whatever they make, it is instant buy for me!

20 hours ago, EAF19_Marsh said:

the Tempest is not an anemic early-'44 shadow of itself.

Now where on earth did you get that idea?

Me410 and Mosquito or Hurricane will be just fine.......... thankyou!  ;)

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, [_FLAPS_]Diggun said:

Now where on earth did you get that idea?

Because it is a British aircraft and the best versions of British aircraft tend not to be allowed to exist in the combat flight simulation world.

Happy landings,

Talisman

Edited by 56RAF_Talisman

25 minutes ago, 56RAF_Talisman said:

Because it is a British aircraft and the best versions of British aircraft tend not to be allowed to exist in the combat flight simulation world.

Happy landings,

Talisman

Id disagree for this iteration of Il2. And il246 tempests kicked ass.

That said Im faaar more worried about the US planes. As they already made some and all have performed poorly and seemingly worse than IRL.  The spitfires made so far are the best allied planes. The deadliest allied plane IMO in game right now is the spit ix.  If anything Im glad the tempest is coming because I know at least thatll kick butt.  The p51 and p38?  I hate to say it but I think theyll make them as according ti manual and not a thought to gasoline differences etc.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, 56RAF_Talisman said:

Happy landings,

Talisman

Or the more general observation: Most sims were programmed in America and thus lacked British/Commonwealth aircraft entirely unless they were doing the Battle of Britian where it is kindof inevitable.

Battle of Bodenplatte is already better than most (2 British aircraft, 4 American aircraft, 5 German aircraft)... although it'd be great to have the ground attack Typhoon squadrons that were common in the theatre and/or have a Mosquito (or more of a fantasy - a Lanc).

I kindof have a thing for the Typhoon to be honest - I like my aircraft to be a bit less powerfully engined and I like ground attack - and it wasn't modelled in Il-2 1946 (or any sim that comes to mind)... lovely plane though!

18 hours ago, =27=Davesteu said:

The B and FB variants would be a historical stretch and add little in terms of gameplay. Playing devil's advocate, the FB Mk. VI is just a worse P-38 in terms of this game. Adding a late production Typhoon is the way to go.

Well, the FB does have three more 20mm cannons and the B can carry quite a large demolition bomb.

But I think it is also useful to distinguish between competitive multiplayer players, and historically focussed single-player oriented players. For instance, in Rise of Flight I often wanted more historically prevalent engine variants for my opponents and I wanted more typical (and in some cases slower) two-seaters to shoot down. I wanted to recreate the historical situations rather than win against another human.

That said - I tend to like earlier aircraft (even though I was very much into 1946 when I was young) and I like being the underdog... and a lot of these less competitive aircraft have really interesting features or quirks that make them fun to fly... I'll personally take a Halberstadt D.II over a Fokker D.VIII... and I'm happy to buy them. But I can also see a case for buying them in order to have historically accurate opponents.

Edited by Avimimus
  • Upvote 1

On 8/17/2019 at 2:29 PM, LuseKofte said:

What a cruel thing to do. Saying we get two collector planes and not saying what.

Bet they did it for holiday lecture   

You can bet Jason is just watching this thread and going "Muahahaha, Dance Puppets! DANCE!" :)

• Haha 3

46 minutes ago, 71st_AH_Yankee_ said:

You can bet Jason is just watching this thread and going "Muahahaha, Dance Puppets! DANCE!" :)

And I'm the poster child...I've posted twice (this makes it the third time) I'll buy 24 Mosquito FB.Mk VIs as gifts. :good:

• Thanks 2

Well - we are now at the logical stepping stone where the 4-engine problem has to be tackled... :)

So first we will get the B-25 (they already have the model)

Then the Mossie - who would not buy that?

And then they smack us in the head with the release of the B-17 AND the Lancaster! They really seem to have some fast modellers now - and how many would not pay 39 or 49 for a friggin B-17? And they also have the P-40 and the B-17 (very early models though) for that Pearl Harbor opening of the next Battle of the Pacific installment! Done deal. And the Lanc for a dam busters mission? Come on! Listened to the Canadian Lanc starting up this summer with tears in my eyes ;) 

OK - back to earth. B-25, then the Mossie. We have enough single seaters. Toss in a Me 410 or Do 217 for the Germans as well... 

• Upvote 1

Not so much 'speculation' as desire:

Me-410

late Typhoon

Yak-3 or La-7

Hurricane

Love all the good stuff going on with the sim- and very excited for the BoBP stuff in the pipeline!!!

Posted (edited)

my prediction?

The fabled "Wallet rider" and the "Domestic economy crusher" and lets not forget the venerable "honey whats this thing on credit card bill?" 

Did i miss any? 

Edited by Cpt_Siddy
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Avimimus said:

But I think it is also useful to distinguish between competitive multiplayer players, and historically focussed single-player oriented players. For instance, in Rise of Flight I often wanted more historically prevalent engine variants for my opponents and I wanted more typical (and in some cases slower) two-seaters to shoot down. I wanted to recreate the historical situations rather than win against another human.

And that's the thing - the Mosquito B and FB do not fit either of these categories.

Only a few temporary Mosquito night fighter detachments and a reconnaissance unit were stationed within the map during the BoBP timeframe. The required game mechanics are not developed and both variants are nowhere near as important as a Typhoon for example.
Yes, a number of Mosquito FB Mk. VI equipped squadrons were subordinate to 2 TAF during the BoBP timeframe, but all of them operated from airfields outside the BoBP map in the nocturnal intruder role. Nothing wrong with some night-time missions (I proposed the inclusion of the Nachtschlachtgruppen in the upcoming BoBP campaign and wrote their unit histories), but I'm not sure if that's what most have in mind while buying a Mosquito FB. Moreover, the Mosquito FB would probably not be included in the game's main singleplayer feature, the historical career mode. Either that or they have to water down its historical approach.

The Typhoon, mainstay of the 2 TAF, does everything the Mosquito FB Mk. VI does without any of the aforementioned historical limitations.
We can't have them all - easy choice.

Edited by =27=Davesteu
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

Typhoon and a late griffon spit would fill the 2 most obvious holes in aircraft that were in theatre, but it won't be 2 raf planes i am sure.

Edited by DD_fruitbat
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

After Jason's comments, I thought we'd all suggest two ideas for what we wanted to see for the next two collector planes. Some of you have suggested 12 - 15 or more ideas. In that vein, I want these -

image.png.43da0d5cc4286df908bb3d992b382986.png

Edited by Rjel
Missed an N
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)

My previous pick for two remains unchanged. Mossie and Me 410.

I'll just be a bi more specific

Me 410A-1/U4 with a BK 5 cannon and

Mosquito Mk XVIII “Tsetse" with the big six pounder 😁

More boom boom!

Edited by pfrances

12 hours ago, InProgress said:

I always liked when premium planes were something special, Land Lease plane for soviets, some unusual planes like hs129 or diffrent nation machines like mc202.

This.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, pfrances said:

Mosquito Mk XVIII “Tsetse" with the big six pounder

Yes please, I just wanna blast shipping and subs all day

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, pfrances said:

My previous pick for two remains unchanged. Mossie and Me 410.

I'll just be a bi more specific

Me 410A-1/U4 with a BK 5 cannon and

Mosquito Mk XVIII “Tsetse" with the big six pounder 😁

More boom boom!

Me 410 B-1 pls the 13mm are so much better than 7,92mm , with a 2x Mk 103 mod it becomes a B-2, into that you can add either a twin MG 151/20 mod for the B-2/U2 or the U4 mod with a 50mm to get the B-2/U4

so potentially you can have a Me 410 carrying

1000 rnds of 13mm and 1400 rounds of 20mm
1000 rnds of 13mm and 700 rounds of 20mm + not sure how much 30mm they carried.
no idea how much 50mm could be carried either

Edited by Asgar
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, =27=Davesteu said:

Yes, a number of Mosquito FB Mk. VI equipped squadrons were subordinate to 2 TAF during the BoBP timeframe, but all of them operated from airfields outside the BoBP map in the nocturnal intruder role. Nothing wrong with some night-time missions (I proposed the inclusion of the Nachtschlachtgruppen in the upcoming BoBP campaign and wrote their unit histories), but I'm not sure if that's what most have in mind while buying a Mosquito FB. Moreover, the Mosquito FB would probably not be included in the game's main singleplayer feature, the historical career mode. Either that or they have to water down its historical approach.

The Typhoon, mainstay of the 2 TAF, does everything the Mosquito FB Mk. VI does without any of the aforementioned historical limitations.
We can't have them all - easy choice.

1) You care way too much about historical aspects, when the only discriminator between "out" and "in" is a random line cut by the map-boundaries. The airplanes operated in the depicted area and that's all that counts. There are ways to work around the "historical" issues - e.g. create a fictional detachment that operates from an airfield which is depicted.

We're flying a virtual airplane, fighting a virtual war, hitting a virtual refly-button after dying virtually. No issue there.

2) The nocturnal intruder mission is one of the reasons why I'm hyped about the Mosquito.

About 99% of all people buying the Mosquito are buying it because it's an iconic and legendary warbird, not because it fits so well on a random map.

I wouldn't stack the Mosquito against the Typhoon. Both airplanes would make decent cash, but I'd expect the Mossie to make slightly more.

Edited by Bremspropeller
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 1

I'm sure we finally get the Ju 88 C-6 we're all hoping for.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, claw said:

I'm sure we finally get the Ju 88 C-6 we're all hoping for.

considering our newest installment of the series is BOBP i'd rather have a Ju-88S or preferably a Ju-188 (there were torpedo carrying versions)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bremspropeller said:

I wouldn't stack the Mosquito against the Typhoon. Both airplanes would make decent cash, but I'd expect the Mossie to make slightly more

I'm certain this will get me hammered but I think of all the aircraft released so far, not simply collector planes, the P-51 has generated as much or more excitement than any other. At least based on the number of views and comments made in threads concerning it. If the Mosquito does come our way, I'd suggest it will easily be the most popular release to date. Bar none.

10 minutes ago, Asgar said:

no idea how much 50mm could be carried either

21 according to Wikipedia

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Bremspropeller said:

You care way too much about historical aspects, when the only discriminator between "out" and "in" is a random line cut by the map-boundaries. The airplanes operated in the depicted area and that's all that counts. There are ways to work around the "historical" issues - e.g. create a fictional detachment that operates from an airfield which is depicted.

We're flying a virtual airplane, fighting a virtual war, hitting a virtual refly-button after dying virtually. No issue there.

Why care about any of the historical aspects then? Let's add all the prototype aircraft, prototype loadouts, the highest proposed power settings, etc. - after all, it's about the fun.

You are proposing a selective approach.

There are plenty of better fitting options - why not doing those first?

21 minutes ago, Rjel said:

I'm certain this will get me hammered ... If the Mosquito does come our way, I'd suggest it will easily be the most popular release to date. Bar none.

For what it's worth, it wasn't popular in first generation IL2.

Edited by =27=Davesteu

25 minutes ago, Rjel said:

If the Mosquito does come our way, I'd suggest it will easily be the most popular release to date. Bar none.

maybe but the Me 410 quite a lot of fans around here as well. myself included ;) 

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Bremspropeller said:

1) You care way too much about historical aspects, when the only discriminator between "out" and "in" is a random line cut by the map-boundaries. The airplanes operated in the depicted area and that's all that counts.

This 1000%. Sheesh. And this notion that FB.Mk VIs only flew night intruder missions is not correct. It's simply not true. 100 Group Mosquitoes did night intruders in support of bombers, 2 TAF FBs flew day and night.  

24 minutes ago, Bremspropeller said:

About 99% of all people buying the Mosquito are buying it because it's an iconic and legendary warbird, not because it fits so well on a random map.

Amen brother.

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 1

I'm going to chime in in support of historical accuracy for plane selection above all else.

This isn't warthunder nor do I want it to be.

• Upvote 3

their base is only 5km off map border, if they decide to make mosquito FB VI they can easy extend map area and make their home base and use them in SP campaign for SP missions, so if they wont to make Mosquito they can easy make it and fit all historical aspects neccesary for SP campaign. But i dont think next bunch of collectable airplanes is Mosquito. 

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, =27=Davesteu said:

Why care about any of the historical aspects then? Let's add all the prototype aircraft, prototype loadouts, the highest proposed power settings, etc. - after all, it's about the fun.

You are proposing a selective approach.

There are plenty of better fitting options - why not doing those first?

Because modelling a Mosquito that generally flew over the map-area long before the Typhoon ever did clearly is the same thing as making a Ta 183...

Not to mention that it flew missions on the map during the depicted timeframe - but why not be selective and come up with an airfield-criteria that serves no purpose unless you have some weird airfield fetish. The airfield issue has zero signifigance in MP and very few players have enough historical undertsanding (or care to bother) that they'll lose a second of sleep over not having a historically correct airfield to fly their missions from.

Besides the Typhoon, which other "plenty" options do you prefer instead?

We know about the P-61, but that will neither make as much cash, nor is it generally as relevant as the Mosquito.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

Two collector planes for what? Bodenplatte or the whole series?

Mosquito and Arado 234 would be my absolute top choices for Bodenplatte, but I can see the Lufty fighter jocks not getting too excited about that.

For the other maps? Hurricane, Ju87B, Hs123, Yak-9. Or an Li-2 to go with the Ju52, and a Fieseler Storch to go with everything!

No more 109s please. Absolutely fed up with them.

Cheers.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Re following historical accuracy in regards to aircraft/map limits etc., I don't mind if accuracy is bent a little so long as it doesn't go too far e.g. a Mossie FB.VI is ok but something like a Do335 would just be plain silly.

2 hours ago, Rjel said:

I'm certain this will get me hammered but I think of all the aircraft released so far, not simply collector planes, the P-51 has generated as much or more excitement than any other. At least based on the number of views and comments made in threads concerning it. If the Mosquito does come our way, I'd suggest it will easily be the most popular release to date. Bar none.

Not hammering you mate but in terms of individual threads and total comments I feel like the Spit IX generated far more than any other aircraft but needless to say that died off once it was released. It seems to me that the 'stang gets about the same amount of enthusiasm as the P-38 and 262.

Edited by HBPencil
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

JU 88 C/G/S would be fine. me410 or he219 too. Much more fun than a 352632th version of bf109/Yak/Spitfire… And more balanced than experimental aircraft like do335.

Edited by ulfricsombrage
  • Upvote 1