BlitzPig_EL

New Collector Planes Speculation Thread.

I just hope we get to the Pacific before too long.  I'm not getting any younger.  *SIGH*

6 hours ago, LuseKofte said:

What a cruel thing to do. Saying we get two collector planes and not saying what.

Bet they did it for holiday lecture   

Yeah, they're just toying with our emotions.😉

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Gretsch_Man said:

Yeah, they're just toying with our emotions.😉

The info very likely won't be released until they are ready to announce the next Battle Over...  If they announce the collector planes early, it will likely pose a huge hint to where they are going next (or not going, as the case may be) - and I don't think they want to do that. Look for a very BIG announcement of them both together (hopefully in the not so distant future).

Edited by Redwo1f

I don't think they will go with something that is not related to the available scenarios. All 3 EF modules and Bodenplatte have still some planes missing to fill out all available options. My bet is 2 planes to fill out Bodenplatte more as at least the EF ones fill out their plane sets with each other to an extent

Will this be before or after the Spit and P-47 flap issues are resolved?

• Upvote 1

I am thinking the Spitfire Mk XIV and Bf 109G-10. 

What i would like to see would be the Me 410 and A-20G/J but it's unlikely I think.

I would be happy if we got these types:

Fw-189 Uhu (ideal for incoming Air Marshall mod) 

Bf-109G-10

Me-410 

Ar-234

Me-163

Ju-188

He-177

I-153 Chaika

IL-4

Jak-9 (or Jak-3/La-7)

Tu-2

Kingcobra

Typhoon Mk. Ib

Mosquito

Spifire Mk XIV

P-51 B/C

P-47 Razorback

B-26 Marauder

B-17F/G

B-24D Liberator

Well, there are a dream only... 

I guess that one collector will Li-2 (Jason said about Li before time). Other types... I dare not even guess

About next part of the Great Battles - I will hapyy with Pacifik or Mediterranean. 

Only my two cents. 

• Like 2

- C47/Li2

- Mosquito

- FW 189

• Like 1

A revision to my earlier Mustang-post:

The P-51B/C airframe could also stand in as a F-6C and Mustang III.

The F-6B is the recce version of the P-51A (Mustang II in RAF lingo).

The F-6A is the recce version of the P-51 (Mustang IA in RAF lingo).

Early Mustangs are a bit complicated.

Either the Focke-Achgelis Fa 223, or the Flettner Fl 282 Kolibri would be fun. 

But my guess is the B-25 and Mosquito. 

9 hours ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

I just hope we get to the Pacific before too long.  I'm not getting any younger.  *SIGH*

I hope so. Burma, China, New Guinea, would be interesting as far as the variety of planes and setting is concerned.

Ki-43

Ki-44

Ki-61

Ki-45

I know. I like the Japanese Army planes.

But I can only give my own personal opinion. Not carrier battles please. While they may be historically important, I dont really fancy a carrier only based setting. Maybe a campaign. Landing on a grass airfield is hard enough though.

• Like 1

The last 2 were the FN and G-6? Spit XIV, Yak-9 and G-10 probably in the same ballpark of effort but unclear if great interest for the Yak and the 109 is something of a niche between current types.

Since no heavies are likely and Bp is the probable theatre, Mossie should remain a favourite alongside the XIV (RAF a little under-represented) but remain unsure what an economical / revenue generating Luftwaffe equivalent might be. The Arado looks complicated and time-intensive.

In order of likelihood, I'd expect

• Li-2/C47 - has been sort of announced and makes perfect sense for all modules and as a counterpart to the Ju52
  • B25 - Is being made as AI, intention to make flyable has been confirmed, seems obvious.
  • Spitfire XIV - Version of existing aircraft, powerful and shiny, would sell well and be relatively cheap to make. Fits theater.
  • Arado Ar234 - Has been mentioned as a possible collector by Jason, fits the theater, career and operation, 'cheap' for a bomber, uses the exact same tech as the Me262.

Slightly less likely but a perfect matchup I'd love to see:

• Mosquito / Me-410

Unlikely but please:

• He 219
  • Fw 189

4 minutes ago, fubar_2_niner said:

He 177 Grief, well its not a four engine heavy after all ;)

Not after several of the engines had caught fire..

• Haha 3

I wonder if they can make a LI 2 and you can go into equipment and choose C47 engines and instrument 

15 hours ago, Yogiflight said:

Definitely the He 177 :yahoo:

okay, you convinced me with your waterproof evidence!

18 minutes ago, Asgar said:

okay, you convinced me with your waterproof evidence!

:)

38 minutes ago, EAF19_Marsh said:

Not after several of the engines had caught fire..

Was exactly my intention, when I mentioned it, no need for a lot of FM. Takeoff, climb and bail out. Pretty simple to do:biggrin:

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Someone may as well begin arguing why they wont do airplanes - we'll probably have a more reasonable idea then.

For example - I doubt it.ll be a Fw or Me - there were new of both in BP..

I seriously think the clues are heavily there along with common sense e.g.

B25 - they himted heavily theyd like to do a flyable B25

Li2/c47 they said theyd do one

Yak3/9/ other good Russian - I think this is fairly likely and also rlly important the Russians have nothing past 1943 in game. I hardly see a Russia based company ignoring that forever - that said they released 3 russian front titles already.

P.s.  i highly doubt a Fw189 ever.  Recon isnt sexy to most people.  However it really should be at least an AI plane

Edited by Sublime

1 minute ago, Yogiflight said:

Was exactly my intention, when I mentioned it, no need for a lot of FM. Takeoff, climb and bail out. Pretty simple to do:biggrin:

just give us an 177 A-5, they don't burn!

1 hour ago, EAF19_Marsh said:

Since no heavies are likely and Bp is the probable theatre, Mossie should remain a favourite alongside the XIV (RAF a little under-represented) but remain unsure what an economical / revenue generating Luftwaffe equivalent might be. The Arado looks complicated and time-intensive.

I think revenue-wise, the Mossie and Spit XIV are probably going to generate the most.

I would disagree on the Arado being overly complicated. The jet-tech has already been developed. The rest is "just another airplane" in terms of research and development.

58 minutes ago, Yogiflight said:

Roger that, missed the sarcasm 😁

20 minutes ago, Bremspropeller said:

I would disagree on the Arado being overly complicated. The jet-tech has already been developed. The rest is "just another airplane" in terms of research and development.

I meant more that there is less Arado material on which to draw. Alos - possibly - the new jet work may be less mature and more time-intensive.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Bremspropeller said:

I think revenue-wise, the Mossie and Spit XIV are probably going to generate the most.

As far as I am concerned they are instant preorders for me. Where can I place my money?

Edited by sevenless
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I bet on the Arado/Spit XIV. With the B-25 and DC-3 coming later along the timeline and released one at a time.

Bf and FW will be reserved for full releases; Typhoon probably for a Normandy release one day... Same for Mossie and Me410 being reserved for earlier scenarios in the 1944 timeline...

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

I think it will be a 'Mosquito'.  I would love to have a Typhoon but the fact we have a Tempest makes it unlikely as it they will have to fly in the same maps and the Tempest is so much better. On the other hand,  the Tempest will not be equipped with rockets so maybe they will make the Typhoon for players more interested in GA.   They have already told us that they cannot do a playable B25 yet and that means no A26 either so the Mossie & Tiffy are the only allied aircraft significant to this battle but not yet available. On the Axis side I can only think of the 190-D12.

One left-field thought is the DC-3/LI-2  which would give us something useable in the Russian maps as well as something potentially useable in Bodenplatte.

Edited by 56RAF_Roblex

31 minutes ago, 56RAF_Roblex said:

I would love to have a Typhoon but the fact we have a Tempest makes it unlikely as it they will have to fly in the same maps and the Tempest is so much better. On the other hand,  the Tempest will not be equipped with rockets so maybe they will make the Typhoon for players more interested in GA. 

I´m pretty sure they will do a Normandy expansion and spare the Typhoon for that. We will know before X-mas once they announce their plans for the next module.

Probably high performance late-war fighters which will sell well... maybe something Russian (Yak-9, Yak-3, La-7)?

If we're really lucky we might get the Mosquito or Typhoon (which is an important aircraft for realistic ground attack, historical campaign play, and would be more balanced against some of the earlier German aircraft - even if it would be displaced by the Tempest in competitive online play). The Ar-234 could use the engine modelling from the Me-262 but it would also require a lot of complex avionics... the Meteor or He-162 are harder to justify historically but would give the 262 something to play with - so we can't rule them out.

Long shorts are things like the Lancaster and Fw-189... and I almost feel that a lot of aircraft that would flesh out the Russian plane-set for existing scenarios (e.g. Il-4, Pe-3, I-153) are also less than likely... I'd still love them though!

Ar 234  + Spitfire Mk XIV (or less likely) Hawker Typhoon

Don't forget if they keep the same model, they need 4+1 per side for each Battle Of... release

3 hours ago, Alexmarine28 said:

I bet on the Arado/Spit XIV. With the B-25 and DC-3 coming later along the timeline and released one at a time.

Bf and FW will be reserved for full releases; Typhoon probably for a Normandy release one day... Same for Mossie and Me410 being reserved for earlier scenarios in the 1944 timeline...

+1

Ya, Mossie they would hold for Italy (if they go there)...

If they keep the same model, they'll need 4+1 per side for each Battle Of ... release - and I think a number of people aren't taking this into account. I think the most likely scenario are Russian or perhaps even a Romanian aircraft. As Brave Sir Robin has been saying, German aircraft very unlikely (if 1C going to stay in European theater for a bit), many of the marquise British or American aircraft would be saved/needed for full releases - but if European theater is left for Pacific (not sure that is happening yet), then the door is wide open...time will tell.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, sevenless said:

As far as I am concerned they are instant preorders for me. Where can I place my money?

I'm with you on the pre-orders but on one condition - that the Tempest is not an anemic early-'44 shadow of itself. If it is then I am a little unsure about buying a new RAF aircraft.

Edited by EAF19_Marsh

If they wanted to use the opportunity to redress some imbalances in gameplay possibilities then it would be a Li-2/C-47 to match the JU52 and Fieseler Storch to match the Po-2.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, 56RAF_Roblex said:

If they wanted to use the opportunity to redress some imbalances in gameplay possibilities then it would be a Li-2/C-47 to match the JU52 and Fieseler Storch to match the Po-2.

I think you are correct regarding the Li-2/C-47. What mission would you give the Fi-156? Could you make a career with it? I'm not saying its inclusion would be a bad idea. For me the U-2 (Po-2) is fun flying @Gambit21's "infinitely re-playable" Endless Night Witches mission. I always highlight his name hoping he'll release it to the masses because it is IMO incredibly fun.

• Thanks 1

Joining the remote and isolated tribe of a Storch/Grasshopper supporters here.  Especially if it includes the introduction of artillery.  Americans relied pretty heavily on it in Europe and FC needs it as well.

Going to be a lot of disappointed aroda-mossie-ites if that's the case though : D

Heh, the 109 G-14/AS would also be a distinct possibility, seeing as we didn't get it as an engine mod due to the enlarged cowling.

10 hours ago, EAF19_Marsh said:

The Arado looks complicated and time-intensive.

I don't think so. The Jumo 004 engine model has already been developed for the Me 262, it's only crewed by one, and the airframe is a straightforward design.
Novelties are the "Rauchgeräte" RATO boosters, the drogue parachute, and the PV 1B periscope sight with BZA 1 bombing computer (as used in the still missing Stuvi bombsight of the Ju 87 & 88) - selling points if you ask me.

The Arado 234 and Mitchell II are needed to fill the (level) bomber gap in the BoBP planeset.

10 hours ago, EAF19_Marsh said:

Mossie should remain a favourite

Honest question: why is that?
The B and FB variants would be a historical stretch and add little in terms of gameplay. Playing devil's advocate, the FB Mk. VI is just a worse P-38 in terms of this game. Adding a late production Typhoon is the way to go.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, busdriver said:

I always highlight his name hoping he'll release it to the masses because it is IMO incredibly fun.

Everytime you do I realize that I need to do this. I think we (you) have tested enough. I’ll write up the description this week, adjust the default fuel load and turn it over.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Stryker07 said:

I am thinking the Spitfire Mk XIV and Bf 109G-10. 

If that happening I going to throw my phone out the window witch I wont bother to open beforehand in anger. 

1 minute ago, Gambit21 said:

Everytime you do I realize that I need to do this. I think we (you) have tested enough. I’ll write up the description this week, adjust the default fuel load and turn it over.

I am a big fan

If you have anything that includes a useless plane . I will utilize my incredible capacity for uselessness to test it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1