BlitzPig_EL

New Collector Planes Speculation Thread.

As mentioned already on page 1 I would like to see the I-153 and a Hurricane.

If not, what about a floatplane? Since there is plenty of water on the BOBP map.

Let's go for the Ar-196.

Arado_196.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Well, I think there are several candidates. I also think there will be at least 3. After all, Kuban also had the La-5fn, Bf-109 G6 and the Yak-1b.

What could be offered:

- Mosquito
- Spitfire MK XIV
- Arado 234
- Li-2
- Me-410

I don't know if it's worth implementing more Bf-109 or Fw-190 variants. At least for this scenario. I would only spontaneously think of the Bf-109 G10 and the Fw-190 A9, D12 and D13.  Just like the Ta-152 H these machines would be even rarer and I don't know if they were still used there at all. Nevertheless I am happy about every Collector plane that will come :)

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
  • Mitchell II
  • Ar 234 B-2
  • Spitfire Mk. XIV
  • Typhoon Ib

By far the most likely, by far the best fitting, by far the most important ones missing from the BoBP planeset.

1 hour ago, Bremspropeller said:

Mustang III for RAF's 2nd TAF

The last Mustang Mk. III equipped squadron left the 2nd TAF and the continent in late September 1944. Only fighter-reconnaissance Mustang Mk. I, IA, and II served throughout the BoBP-timeframe with with 2nd TAF - and are far more interesting. :)

All collector aircraft released after the reworked career mode was announced fit the related timeframe, map, units and airfields. Only the early ones (Fw 190 A-3, P-40E, MC.202) don't. Collector aircraft without use/place in the game's main feature, the historical career mode, are unlikely to happen. I'm glad about that.

Edited by =27=Davesteu
  • Upvote 2

I think the 81" boosted Mustang IV also used by the British is much, much more interesting, TBH.

The Ta 152H would only make sense on a greater Berlin map (Alteno, Finsterwalde and possibly Stendal airfield).

The "Fast Doras" (TM) - the  D-12 and D-13 would only make sense on either a northern Germany map (following the adventures of 2nd TAF and JG 26) or the southern Germany region, following the 9th, 12th and 15th Air Force and a few sigle late Dora airframes. Even though the D-13 was about to enter service at VE day, it's just barely more relevant than a P-51H for historical planesets.

The A-9 would be a different story, though.

9 hours ago, Feathered_IV said:

I could probably find a use for any one of these.

TheRammingKing_web750s.jpg.2f6bb359a92fe9fbe2e05ed8048dad61.jpg

17136_rd.jpg.cb40f391b230ebd99a4970cafeaafc23.jpg

2010-Ki-43II-5.jpg.d594702e82137192eeb42fc2352286a0.jpg

Stop teasing

45 minutes ago, Uufflakke said:

As mentioned already on page 1 I would like to see the I-153 and a Hurricane.

If not, what about a floatplane? Since there is plenty of water on the BOBP map.

Let's go for the Ar-196.

Arado_196.jpg

Yeah or a HE 115 or 

73FE53A2-5D25-4A1F-B4A8-AA30E7DB7ECF.jpeg

10 minutes ago, =27=Davesteu said:

The last Mustang Mk. III equipped squadron left the 2nd TAF and the continent in late September 1944. Only fighter-reconnaissance Mustang Mk. I, IA, and II served throughout the BoBP-timeframe with with 2nd TAF - and are far more interesting.

You're correct, my bad.

I could live with a little historical inconsistency concerning the Mk III, though. Especially since the US use of P-51B/C models and F-6B/C models is still relevant.

Couldn't agree more on the Allison Mustangs - they've never been done and they're really interesting!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Asgar said:

@Big_Al_the_Allo the Yak-1b and Ju-52 came after moscow, not Kuban ;)

ok thanks for the clarification, this was before my time

1. Suchoi SU2
  2. IL4
  3. SB2
  4. I153
  5. Hurrican IV
  6. Moskito
  7. Messerschmitt410
  8. IAR79
  9. DO335
  10. JU188           
  • Fokker EIII
  • Hannover CL
  • Roland CIIa
  • Albatros III
  • Fokker VIII
  • Aivco DH2 FE2b Breguet 14 B2 
  • Nieport 28C1
  • Nieport17 C1

Yeah what about some floatplanes? This one looks like fun .....

floats.png

• Upvote 1

Are we not on the home straight with Bodenplatte?

Can we not see the finishing line?

Correct me if Iam wrong but isn't it probable we will be told about the next project at the end of this year?

We are told in the DD that pre order this year in our hangers next year.

So with a small team cannot see time and resources being used on collector planes that take too long to produce if the new project is underway.

you never know I could be wrong but logically has to be single engined planes.

I have seen peoples speculation on what the collector planes will be, cannot think why they would be Soviet, surely first choice they would be something to do with Bodenplatte

Iam thinking that best for me would be a Spitfire XIV and P51B Mustang, but if they are to be Soviet a Yak 3 or 9 would be welcome.If German a Storch would be nice.

2 hours ago, ER*Stefan said:
  1. Suchoi SU2
  2. IL4
  3. SB2
  4. I153
  5. Hurrican IV
  6. Moskito
  7. Messerschmitt410
  8. IAR79
  9. DO335
  10. JU188           
  • Fokker EIII
  • Hannover CL
  • Roland CIIa
  • Albatros III
  • Fokker VIII
  • Aivco DH2 FE2b Breguet 14 B2 
  • Nieport 28C1
  • Nieport17 C1

I'm sure Jason said a couple of collector planes?.... That's like another add on.

We won't see that lot for another year!

18 minutes ago, Trooper117 said:

Ich bin sicher, Jason hat ein paar Sammlerflugzeuge gesagt? ... Das ist wie ein weiteres Add-On.

Wir werden diese Menge für ein weiteres Jahr nicht sehen!

Not all at once, just as an excitation.
Sorry for my bad English.

My guess in terms of most likely:

- Spit mk XIV

- Yak 9T

Since many believe it has to be one of each side, I hope it's not a 190 or a 109. Maybe a Me-410 as many hope.

This is what I think the collector planes will be:

Aircraft that suit the Battle of Bodenplatte. Late 1944- early 1945

Russian/Eastern front planes: Probably not

WW1 planes: Probably not

Potential planes:

A-20G: Yes

Hurricane: Probably not. If you want to fly a Hurricane, get IL-2 CloD, or 1946 (Russian version)

Late Spitfire: Yes

Meteor: Probably not. Though it saw service, it was limited compared to others

Me-410: Yes

Mosquito: Yes

Typhoon: Yes.

Arado 234: Yes

C-47/Li-2: Yes

Late Ju-88: Yes

B-25: BIG NO. Read what I have to say below

22 hours ago, 71st_AH_Yankee_ said:

The B-25 is almost certain: the devs specifically said they were developing it specifically with the possibility of making it a collector's aircraft later on

When the devs said Later On, I think they meant in a year or 2. NOT a few months after the final release of Bodenplatte.

I think for some German fighters like the Bf 109G-10, Ta-152, and Fi-156, we'll see them in Battle of Berlin, but we could see them in Bodenplatte. You never know.

Let me also throw out a (very) wild card...

Catalina.  Works for Kuban, will work for Pacific, and I'll find a way to make it work period.

• Like 3

Considering the existing plane line up I would like think that we would get the B17 or 24 and the B26.  Something shoot or defend.  I would also like to see on the Russian side the Yak9 or 3 or La7.

The B17 could carry us into the pacific as well.

• Like 1

I was wondering when this thread would come up!

My reasonable guess, considering what we know about how the development team works, thinks or has said in the past: a playable B25; a DC3 or C47 or whatever; the mosquito.

Or perhaps another version of the fighters we already have. Like another Yak. But that is not so much "collector plane" material, so unlikelly.

• Like 1

On 8/16/2019 at 1:32 PM, II/JG17_Furias said:

Bird of Prey !!

2006_NYR_01778_0983_000().jpg

No! No more advanced German aircraft. 😄

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

What a cruel thing to do. Saying we get two collector planes and not saying what.

Bet they did it for holiday lecture   

Bf 109 g-10 for complete Messer collection

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I think any guesses at this point are very pure speculation (aside from perhaps B-25). I think a lot may depend upon where they are going for the next big release. For example, if they are changing theaters drastically (going Pacific or Korea, for example), I could see them pay a last homage to current releases opening the door to aircraft thought to be perhaps held in reserve (ie, Russian Hurricane, several German aircraft, etc.). If they aren't doing a drastic theater shift, and are perhaps staying European, for example, then I think they hold on to aircraft like Mosquito, Typhoon, etc, to use later...

...so it is really anybody's guess without having a pretty good idea ahead of time as to what they have planned for the next major release.

Edited by Redwo1f

Posted (edited)

Listen in chaps... at the moment they are doing Tanks? (in a flight sim?)... WWI and Western Front!

God knows what will follow next (IL2 1946 the next generation?) lol!

However, the people that are massively missing out are fans of the Eastern Front. It logically follows that the next two collector planes will be from there... be sure!

Edited by Trooper117

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, Trooper117 said:

Listen in chaps... at the moment they are doing Tanks? (in a flight sim?)... WWI and Western Front!

God knows what will follow next (IL2 1946 the next generation?) lol!

However, the people that are massively missing out are fans of the Eastern Front. It logically follows that the next two collector planes will be from there... be sure!

I’m positive we aren’t going East for a while and would bet a two cheeseburger meal it is either PTO or another European release. That said, to keep our Russian friends engaged, I agree a top notch Russian performer would be an excellent choice. As suggested earlier, I’d go with the Yak 3. It’s the closest thing the Russian’s produced performance-wise during the war compared to the Luftwaffe. I’d prefer a C-47 as well but the B-25 seems the more likely candidate for obvious reasons.

Edited by II/JG17_HerrMurf

I personally dont't think we will be getting another Bf 109 or Fw 190 because we have many variants of them ingame already. A german and british heavy fighter may be possible like the Me 410 or He 219 and a Mosquito. The Ta 154 would be my favorite but as it saw very limited action and only around 30~50 planes were produced i don't think we will be getting that one.

The Ta-154 also had some issues after an airstrike took out the Tego factory meant to produce the glue for its wooden structure. The replacement glue wasn't so much a replacement as a liability because it became acidic upon curing - and acid does as acid will, destroying the joints in short order and causing a spectacular series of mid-air disintegrations.

How about a New Guinea teaser...

P40 N

Ki 61

I'll be surprised if either is German.  They need to save German aircraft for future modules.

• Like 1

They developed the new technology for airdropped torpedoes in advance of the pacific and give us the torpedo versions of the A20 and He111.:fly:

• Upvote 2

For a quick release and revenue I suspect Spit XIV for Bp and Yak-9 for widening the VVS line-up.

If time and personnel are available then a Mossie is more likely. If they are really ambitious then possibly the other would be a Luftwaffe twin.

• Upvote 1

Anything on floats would be my choice with the Arando 196 on top of the list.

Yes please!!

Didn't the Russians build a version under license that they used in the Black Sea?

21 minutes ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

PoCTAQ.jpg

As much as my heart desires her.................I doubt you will see a PBY until we get to the pacific. I have an entire thread on PBY's and gameplay.