Sign in to follow this  
J2_SteveF

AI

I hope the AI in FC gets a good look at before release.

At the moment all they seem to do is dive to the deck to evade, no matter what skill you give the AI. They need to be more aggressive

I've made the switch from a RoF and a dedicated pit to FC and VR. Because of that I will be focusing on SP in FC and at the moment fighting the AI is getting pretty boring

Salutations,

Actually, there has been some improvement I've noticed to the AI combat flight performance in the past few months. But I agree, there is need for further improvement. Although, I doubt the AI will ever reach the quality of challenge or unpredictability one can obtain contending with live players.

11 minutes ago, Thad said:

Salutations,

Actually, there has been some improvement I've noticed to the AI combat flight performance in the past few months. But I agree, there is need for further improvement. Although, I doubt the AI will ever reach the quality of challenge or unpredictability one can obtain contending with live players.

Sure we will Thad:  Right before Skynet pulls the plug on humanity!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, J2_SteveF said:

I hope the AI in FC gets a good look at before release.

At the moment all they seem to do is dive to the deck to evade, no matter what skill you give the AI. They need to be more aggressive

I've made the switch from a RoF and a dedicated pit to FC and VR. Because of that I will be focusing on SP in FC and at the moment fighting the AI is getting pretty boring

Among the recent news there was a mention of a new AI programmer available for the team.

So... 🤞 

Edited by J2_Jakob

It's nice to have them as rookies in MP but I guess SP players would appreciate them being somewhat more adept.

3 hours ago, Thad said:

Salutations,

No I don't ever expect it to, coming from a mainly online RoF player. But I would like to see a little fight in the AI offline

At the moment they don't even match the AI in RoF. 

Is that in Quick mission? In MP I see AI pairs using drag and bag... not to mention SPAD AIs avoiding turn fighting and trying to get separation.

Quick missions ai got no squadron behavior. Campaign ai does. 

My impression on qmb vs campaign/career ai is that career ai got more structure and follow their orders. While qmb just go in eternal turns. 

I am pretty sure ai will feel better once there is a campaign for them. And by that time I am sure improvements are achieved 

Perhaps the current AI is sharing some WW2 code which does no suit the WW1 planes. Just my guessing.
PS: In the very first versions of RoF, the AI flying N.28 and S.13 could retreat, and when you disengaged, it was turning towards you and attacking.

10 hours ago, LuseKofte said:

Lusekofte is right, qmb AI is different from career AI. I've noticed it's even different in the actual set missions as well. I'd recommend looking into vanders mission generator. He's working on including FC right now.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 8:44 PM, LuseKofte said:

My impression on qmb vs campaign/career ai is that career ai got more structure and follow their orders. While qmb just go in eternal turns. 

I am pretty sure ai will feel better once there is a campaign for them. And by that time I am sure improvements are achieved 

I don't use QMB.  However I can confirm absolutely that the AI turns just the same and with equal single mindedness in the campaign mode.

3 hours ago, Feathered_IV said:

I don't use QMB.  However I can confirm absolutely that the AI turns just the same and with equal single mindedness in the campaign mode.

OK I have not tested that really, I just see that my wingmen or leaders in scripted campaign behave as a squad in campaign. I do not really fly fighters in campaign. 

I find this behavior absent in QMB