Tanks at Finnish VirtualPilots!

LLv34_Temuri

LLv34_Temuri
On 6/19/2021 at 2:03 AM, kampfuboot said:

Heres an example screenshot of what I mean:

https://ibb.co/6mxCSbm

the only red tank spawn for the only CP is set on an island. Unplayable.

Similar stuff happened multiple times in the last few days on Kuban.

And this is the most populated tank server ingame, please take care of this admins.

Yeah, need to remove the free area mappings from those islands.

• 1 month later...
JohnRitterKreuz

A couple of thoughts/questions:

First - I totally get that the objective is to destroy assets on the ground in order to move the front line.  However in the last 3-5 months we're seeing far more tankers on Finnish and the game play is really evolving.  I think the scoring system needs to evolve too in order to help promote move value in the CP capture/live tank combat part of the game.  I think the ground experience would be even better if we had more players playing eachother and not just the AI.

Is there any way to up the Point Value for the team of a captured CP?   Right now many of the top players on the stat rankings are essentially "AI Only" since the value of the CP seems to be so minimal compared to AI bases and targets.  It seems that the best players should be the ones who do both well: AI and Live/CP play, but now the game really only rewards AI play.

Is there anyway to provide more points to players who get "live tank kills" vs. the points given for static vehicle kills?  To me one live kill should be worth at least 2-3X the points of an AI kill.

Is there anyway to better reward tank players for Aircraft kills?  It's still very hard to bring down aircraft from the ground even with the new 10/5.  There should be more points for this kind of an accomplishment.

Overall the tanking on the Server is really getting good and I think the game could be tweaked a bit to reflect the increase in players - still promoting the AI and live play, but rewarding a little more the live play than past missions.

Maybe for the future.  Thanks.

• Upvote 1

LLv34_Temuri
Posted (edited)
On 8/17/2021 at 8:12 AM, NervousPervert said:

Is there any way to up the Point Value for the team of a captured CP?   Right now many of the top players on the stat rankings are essentially "AI Only" since the value of the CP seems to be so minimal compared to AI bases and targets.  It seems that the best players should be the ones who do both well: AI and Live/CP play, but now the game really only rewards AI play.

Perhaps the points could be upped on stats site, but it would require horrible and difficult kludges to accomplish this.

Is there anyway to provide more points to players who get "live tank kills" vs. the points given for static vehicle kills?  To me one live kill should be worth at least 2-3X the points of an AI kill.

So more points for player tank kills? Maybe. It would probably require some editing of at least objects.csv. Currently it looks like this for medium tanks (AI&player):

tank_medium,_PzKpfw III Ausf.L,1,Pz.Kpfw.III Ausf.L,
tank_medium,_T-34-76 STZ,1,T-34-76 STZ 1942,Т-34 СТЗ обр. 1942
tank_medium,M4A2,1,M4A2,
tank_medium,M4A2(75),1,,
tank_medium,M4A3(75)W,1,,

Maybe if we'd add something like:

tank_medium_player,_PzKpfw III Ausf.L,1,Pz.Kpfw.III Ausf.L,

What do you think @CountZero @=FEW=Revolves?

Is there anyway to better reward tank players for Aircraft kills?  It's still very hard to bring down aircraft from the ground even with the new 10/5.  There should be more points for this kind of an accomplishment.

Again, would likely require some horrible kludge.

Edited by LLv34_Temuri

CountZero
1 hour ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

So more points for player tank kills? Maybe. It would probably require some editing of at least objects.csv. Currently it looks like this for medium tanks (AI&player):

tank_medium,M4A2,1,M4A2,
tank_medium,M4A2(75),1,,

i tought score.csv had separate for human and ai but i see it dosent have. Maybe its posible to add aditional bonus that activates if kill was sortie.killboard_pvp.tank_medium, Revolves understand it better lets see what he thinks.

=FEW=Revolves
23 hours ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

Perhaps the points could be upped on stats site, but it would require horrible and difficult kludges to accomplish this.

tank_medium,M4A2,1,M4A2,
tank_medium,M4A2(75),1,,

The system is already in place to allow for separate AI/Player tank kill scoring. If you login in as an admin, and go to the admin panel of the website, you can go to stats->  scoring ->  tank_light / tank_medium / tank_heavy and you may adjust the player kill value by setting a "Custom Value" and the AI kill value by setting a "AI value".

However, there is a bug in the tankman_sortie.html - your entire score will be calculated and displayed correctly, but the individual breakdown will be incorrect, i.e. this part will still have the incorrect values.

image.png.268feb5189a5e795a73696ded9e1b9dd.png

I'm not sure if this will 100% fix this bug, but I believe you just need to replace "score_dict.tank_light.ai " with "score_dict.tank_light.base" and so on in the appropriate spots in tankman_sortie.html. It should be a relatively quick fix to get it working properly with tanks. I'll try to take a look in 1-3 weeks (depending on when I get time, I'm a bit busy atm).

On 8/17/2021 at 7:12 AM, NervousPervert said:

Possible, but it will require some (minor) code changes, system isn't in place to allow for that yet.

Edited by =FEW=Revolves

LLv34_Temuri
9 minutes ago, =FEW=Revolves said:

The system is already in place to allow for separate AI/Player tank kill scoring. If you login in as an admin, and go to the admin panel of the website, you can go to stats->  scoring ->  tank_light / tank_medium / tank_heavy and you may adjust the player kill value by setting a "Custom Value" and the AI kill value by setting a "AI value".

However, there is a bug in the tankman_sortie.html - your entire score will be displayed correctly, but the individual breakdown will be incorrect, i.e. this part will still have the incorrect value.

image.png.268feb5189a5e795a73696ded9e1b9dd.png

I'm not sure if this will 100% fix this bug, but I believe you just need to replace "score_dict.tank_light.ai " with "score_dict.tank_light.base" and so on in the appropriate spots in tankman_sortie.html. It should be a relatively quick fix to get it working properly with tanks. I'll try to take a look in 1-3 weeks (depending on when I get time, I'm a bit busy atm).

Ok, let's get back to this when you have the time.

CountZero
23 hours ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

Ok, let's get back to this when you have the time.

Its not many changes, in admin panel when you go in score you can edit it for airplane types and tanks, costum value is score for human flown, and ai value is for ai, thats what i tought was build in by default, i just didnt know its in admin panel like Revolves posted.

example:

airplane.thumb.jpg.2f50911f949f6335fbc73f79ba8da258.jpgtank.thumb.jpg.08ff15b4feaec993bd981d398d53f7d2.jpg

So for example i set medium tank to give 200pts if its human, and 50pts if its ai, and i tested it:

Spoiler

aitnk.thumb.jpg.2715ece0452f0418d1abdb340c2cc4ff.jpg

Spoiler

humantnk.thumb.jpg.fafbcbffa51d4d9cef4dd043a98f35d4.jpg

aditional thing to edit is like Revolves say .ai to .base for pvp tanks and truck in tankman_sortie.html and pilot_sortie.html.

I remenber i changed that to .base when few months ago someone asked to separate tanks to ai and human like it was for airlanes, but it seams in orginal vaal stats that was by error left at .ai for pvp, when he made same changes, ill report this to him and hell probably make fix in next stats.

So for you using bundle you just need to change this .ai to .base for pvp cases in IL2Stats_ModBundle_1.7.2\IL2Stats_Enhancements-Bundle_1.7.2\src\mod_rating_by_type\templates pilot_sortie.html at lines: 291, 305, 319 and 333 so when human pilot kills human tank it gets correct score.

and for tank v tank open your IL2Stats_ModBundle_1.7.2\IL2Stats_Enhancements-Bundle_1.7.2\src\stats\templates tankman_sortie.html

and change.ai to .base in lines: 163, 177, 191 and 205

And then it will work.

Edited by CountZero
  • Upvote 3

CountZero

Also i had to reset stats with stats_reset.cmd after score changes for them to show up after i run stats.cmd again, for you when you dont reset, change will probably start after next mission gets procesed.

Edited by CountZero

• 3 weeks later...

I´m new at tank crew, I love the feeling of immersion. Yesterday I went wandering throught the map with a SU until I discovered a Tiger ambushing a CP , It was thrilling somehow different to war thunder which I also play. 

I hope TC to get some love for the devs , there´s a lot of things to polish 

Edited by Xurelo
  • Upvote 1

=FEW=Revolves
On 8/20/2021 at 11:31 AM, CountZero said:

Its not many changes, in admin panel when you go in score you can edit it for airplane types and tanks, costum value is score for human flown, and ai value is for ai, thats what i tought was build in by default, i just didnt know its in admin panel like Revolves posted.

example:

airplane.thumb.jpg.2f50911f949f6335fbc73f79ba8da258.jpgtank.thumb.jpg.08ff15b4feaec993bd981d398d53f7d2.jpg

So for example i set medium tank to give 200pts if its human, and 50pts if its ai, and i tested it:

Reveal hidden contents

aitnk.thumb.jpg.2715ece0452f0418d1abdb340c2cc4ff.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

humantnk.thumb.jpg.fafbcbffa51d4d9cef4dd043a98f35d4.jpg

aditional thing to edit is like Revolves say .ai to .base for pvp tanks and truck in tankman_sortie.html and pilot_sortie.html.

I remenber i changed that to .base when few months ago someone asked to separate tanks to ai and human like it was for airlanes, but it seams in orginal vaal stats that was by error left at .ai for pvp, when he made same changes, ill report this to him and hell probably make fix in next stats.

So for you using bundle you just need to change this .ai to .base for pvp cases in IL2Stats_ModBundle_1.7.2\IL2Stats_Enhancements-Bundle_1.7.2\src\mod_rating_by_type\templates pilot_sortie.html at lines: 291, 305, 319 and 333 so when human pilot kills human tank it gets correct score.

and for tank v tank open your IL2Stats_ModBundle_1.7.2\IL2Stats_Enhancements-Bundle_1.7.2\src\stats\templates tankman_sortie.html

and change.ai to .base in lines: 163, 177, 191 and 205

And then it will work.

Thanks for testing, I've put those .html changes in and they'll be included in the next version of the mod bundle (hoping to do a small update today). I.e. the separate player/ai tank scoring will work properly by changing the values in the admin panel.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EvilButtmaster said:

I see Tankman Killboard is finally up. Thats cool, thank you

Yes, but it is "false". It is not uncommon for tank stats to be incorrect, so is the killboard.

But it's better than nothing and it's still nice to have it.

• 1 month later...
Alexander9822

Is it possible to keep destroyed tanks on the battlefield?

LLv34_Temuri
1 hour ago, Alexander9822 said:

Is it possible to keep destroyed tanks on the battlefield?

Player and AI tanks, I think no. There's a default timer when they're removed. For static tanks, I think it's possible, but we currently delete them to lessen the load.

JV44HeinzBar

S!,

I don't know if this request is the proper place, but could FVP add a couple of "tank only" channels to Discord? It can be quite difficult while tanking while there are a bunch of fighter jockeys on the channel. Don't get me wrong, it's good to have support if the fly boys are willing, but 9/10, they're busy doing their own thing.

HB

• Upvote 2

JohnRitterKreuz

As several of you know I've been doing alot of testing and research recently on how tanks can be so easily seen under cover, at least on the Moscow map (but I have to assume it's the same for all maps) - as of this QTR it's gotten really bad, mostly for German tankers.  After the the proof I submitted, the answer I received was basically "well that's just the way the game works, sorry Shampoo."  And I completely understand.  But, based on this, I see no reason to continue playing tanks on FVP.....and possibly any other TC Server for that matter, where planes can see tanks so easily outside the rendered zone.  I'll check back from time to time - maybe there will be any one of these proposed changes the Devs could make to improve the fairness of play:

1.) Increase rendered zones so as to make tank spotting in woods or concealment harder. - or-

2.) Mask all live player objects outside the render zones. - and-

3.) Provide German tanks with darker cammo skins, in the Official Skin files,  that make them harder to see outside the render zone.

In the pictures above, the quality of the screenshot is about 60% of the actual video they came from.  The two Panzers on either side of the road stood out like a sore thumb on the video.  Very easy to see with even a basic computer screen, when outside the render zone.  And when pilots graphical settings are set to the lowest, it's even easier for them.

Hopefully we'll be seeing those improvements quickly, as I'm not the only one who understands the seriousness of these shortcoming in the game now.  And, as more people come to understand it, less will play.  I was told in this same conversation with the FVP developers ...."don't hold your breath," in terms of the game devs making these improvements.  Oh well, probably time to find another pool to swim in.

Anyway it's been great playing with alot of you, thanks for the fun times.  The tank community on FVP is awesome and it's really growing.

I'll still drop in from time to time as this remains, I think, the best combined arms sim available at the moment. 

till then.....

Edited by ShampooActual