Jump to content

Tanks at Finnish VirtualPilots!


LLv34_Temuri

Recommended Posts

LLv34_Temuri

Server is now running on the new hardware.

 

I added one infantry group per side to the frontlines, as well as increased the amount of possible bridges to two.

 

Also, as an optimist,  increased the maximum player amount to 84 :)

 

Let us know how the new hardware handles things.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
stupor-mundi

Just tried tanking on this server again after a few weeks, and noticed something, not sure if it was like this before, or new, just can't remember.

 

There's no HUD, or maybe, a reduced functionality HUD, that doesn't show you which ammo is loaded. The technochat shows you, when you switch ammo, a message, like 'armor piercing up' or something.

 

When you're fighting a mix of armoured opponents, you need to load APCR, but you also need to load APHE (or regular AP), either for larger distances, or if you come up against Pz3s or Pz4s, against which, for whatever reason (I think this is badly modeled, but that's a different topic), the APCR doesn't work very well.

 

Thus the message in technochat isn't great, because you constantly have to try and keep track of, what is the order in which the different armour piercing rounds come up, and where are you in the rotation.

 

Usually in this discussion, what comes up, is that the setting to turn HUD off or on is global, i.e. you can't have it on for tanks, but off for planes, and for those non-easy servers, people want the HUD off for the planes.

 

This is an issue that pretty much prevents me from tanking on this server, and I can only see it solved by either turning the HUD on, or the devs adding functionality of making the HUD setting non-global, so to speak.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
LLv34_Temuri

I'd prefer that the devs added the information about which ammo is loaded to the gunner's HUD even when the "simple gauges" difficulty option is not on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Yogiflight
4 hours ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

I'd prefer that the devs added the information about which ammo is loaded to the gunner's HUD even when the "simple gauges" difficulty option is not on.

I would prefer the loader giving the info what round he loaded not only when you select a new ammunition, but with every round he loads.

Link to post
Share on other sites
SCG_judgedeath3

Well it says to the right what is loaded when he is done loading, and when it gets to 10 rounds left he will count them down. But would be nice if the loader said how many rounds after each shot.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
1./JG42flesch

My and my Kamerads from Germany had the same Problem.

We cant join the Server or we will be kicked after seconds or minutes after Card is load.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 1./JG42flesch said:

My and my Kamerads from Germany had the same Problem.

We cant join the Server or we will be kicked after seconds or minutes after Card is load.

I also come from Germany 🙄

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,
After playing for a bit on the server, I noticed that there was an issue when a "tank base" is occupied by enemy tanks : respawning is certain death**.
It is a common occurrence since you often need to get inside it to destroy all the targets.
Sometimes there are two front and you can just give up this one and go to the other, but often there is only one.

Having a back-up spawn one or two kilometers back from the base would be a nice solution, allowing for counter attacks.

** : When you spawn your tank appears before you get control of it, and even then you need to start the engine, get your bearings, it's a process. And since spawn points are fixed, it is very easy to destroy any tank as soon as they spawn.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
LLv34_Temuri
On 2/2/2020 at 2:18 PM, kubanloewe said:

sometimes a Panther would be nice 😉

Forgot to mention here, that the SU-122 and Panther have been added to tanks rotation. :)

 

Also, set the frontline AT guns and tanks to engage ~1000 m distance, and made the heavy AAA guns not engage ground targets anymore. Effective next mission rotation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2nd_TAF/602Sqn_Puff

Would it be possible to enable the small in game map and ammo count server side??..tanking can be quite difficult without it and only using the large lower res briefing map makes it harder to be a cautious tank commander { not one for just charging in lol } Fully understand if you don't wish to do it, just thought I'd ask :)

Edited by 602EAF_Puff
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
LLv34_Temuri
22 hours ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

made the heavy AAA guns not engage ground targets anymore. Effective next mission rotation

Whoops, two heavy AAA guns were left engaging ground targets. Fixed. Effective next mission rotation.

20 hours ago, 602EAF_Puff said:

Would it be possible to enable the small in game map and ammo count server side

We'd prefer these to have a separate difficulty option on the server side. Currently, enabling the simple gauges will add them to airplanes too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2nd_TAF/602Sqn_Puff
55 minutes ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

We'd prefer these to have a separate difficulty option on the server side. Currently, enabling the simple gauges will add them to airplanes too.

Thanks for the reply..I'll add that to the suggestion section and hope for the best :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you please remove the old T34 from the mission or at least switch them with the newer T34?

 

We know it's been bugged since a while. Yesterday, I wasn't able to destroy one old T34 from close range into the side, then he killed me and just steamrolled to our positions.

 

Just feels weird, being unable to do anything against one tank.

Link to post
Share on other sites
LLv34_Temuri
22 hours ago, VSN_Razor said:

We know it's been bugged since a while. Yesterday, I wasn't able to destroy one old T34 from close range into the side

Witnessed this myself today. No more free tanks until free T-34 is fixed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/21/2020 at 8:58 AM, VSN_Razor said:

Can you please remove the old T34 from the mission or at least switch them with the newer T34?

 

We know it's been bugged since a while. Yesterday, I wasn't able to destroy one old T34 from close range into the side, then he killed me and just steamrolled to our positions.

 

Just feels weird, being unable to do anything against one tank.

So if you fail to destroy your enemy -it needs to be taken out by the server admin to accommodate you?Bravo!

Edited by RIVALDO
Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, RIVALDO said:

So if you fail to destroy your enemy -it needs to be taken out by the server admin to accommodate you?Bravo!

I suggest you to try it out yourself.

Link to post
Share on other sites
CountZero

I played alot with t-34 and ugenst it in pziii when i was working on tank stats and i never had situation that i was not able to destroy it or that i was getting hit when in it and was invincable so i dont knw what bug there is i didnt noticed it in many h spend shooting at t-34 or playing with it. Are you sure you used correct ammo ?

There is planty ppl who dont own TC and i think having free tanks is good to try to give them feel how it is

Edited by CountZero
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, so you have a bit more context.

 

I was in a Panther, and AI in the older T34. We were within 800m of each other, at which range the Panther can T34 even from front.

 

As I said, I shot, APCBC/APHE, the stock shell, into the sides of the hull and the turret, nothing happened to it.

 

for even more context, see this post: 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
CountZero
10 minutes ago, VSN_Razor said:

Ok, so you have a bit more context.

 

I was in a Panther, and AI in the older T34. We were within 800m of each other, at which range the Panther can T34 even from front.

 

As I said, I shot, APCBC/APHE, the stock shell, into the sides of the hull and the turret, nothing happened to it.

 

for even more context, see this post: 

 

 

I didnt noticed anything like that since i played with free tanks, and also Mytzu tested it before free tanks were added, so to me it looks like it was fixed when we played it

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, CountZero said:

 

I didnt noticed anything like that since i played with free tanks, and also Mytzu tested it before free tanks were added, so to me it looks like it was fixed when we played it

 

Which one did you test? The new or old one?

 

The new one is okay, the old one not.

 

I tested in SP, at 700m, I could pump APHE shots into the side of it with the Panther, he did not die.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Try destroying the  old Pz 3!:o:Sometimes it can take 3to 4 shots in its side from point blank !!!!!!

The T34 has to be shot in a right spot,where the vitals are.If you randomly pump it full of APCRs then it shouldn't die.Im not defending the old T34, I'm just saying it takes a bit of practice to figure out how to deal with a certain foe.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, RIVALDO said:

Try destroying the  old Pz 3!:o:Sometimes it can take 3to 4 shots in its side from point blank !!!!!!

The T34 has to be shot in a right spot,where the vitals are.If you randomly pump it full of APCRs then it shouldn't die.Im not defending the old T34, I'm just saying it takes a bit of practice to figure out how to deal with a certain foe.

 

Well, that's why I wrote that I shot it into the side of the hull and turret with APHE. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
CountZero
21 hours ago, VSN_Razor said:

 

Which one did you test? The new or old one?

 

The new one is okay, the old one not.

 

I tested in SP, at 700m, I could pump APHE shots into the side of it with the Panther, he did not die.

Free T-34, i dont have TC

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
SCG_Neun

Beautiful server.....had a good time the other day.  I wish more guys could come online and play in here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
LLv34_Temuri
17 hours ago, SCG_Neun said:

Beautiful server.....had a good time the other day.  I wish more guys could come online and play in here.

Was this when, at one point, there were six Russian tanks attacking the German base? :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
SCG_Neun

I think it was on Friday if I remember correctly at around 2100 hrs, EST, but there were only a few Allied players on at that time.  I'm like some other posters...I really can't understand why more players don't jump on these servers.  I have a campaign that I run for our unit, but it lacks human enemy players which really bring so much more into the game play.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
JG27_Steini
1 hour ago, SCG_Neun said:

I think it was on Friday if I remember correctly at around 2100 hrs, EST, but there were only a few Allied players on at that time.  I'm like some other posters...I really can't understand why more players don't jump on these servers.  I have a campaign that I run for our unit, but it lacks human enemy players which really bring so much more into the game play.  

 

Finish server is great and i had a lot of fun. There are some problems with AI. As a tanker you must be very carefully. Planes and all seeing AI are very deadly. Tanks need better anti support. I hope that we really will get some anti air vehicles to follow the tanks.

Edited by JG27_Steini
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
LLv34_Temuri
13 hours ago, JG27_Steini said:

I hope that we really will get some anti air vehicles to follow the tanks.

This is something I would very much like to have too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
CountZero

It seams AA vehicals are not garantiered to come after TC is done sme time in summer

"Final Tank Crew is likely in June or July. Still time to help us across the finish line by making a purchase!"

 

"Mobile AA units are planned as we have previously announced, but they are scheduled to be built by DigitalForms and if they lose interest they are in doubt. That is just one reason why we need more people to purchase TC. Show them there is a strong profitable future for ground combat in IL-2 and they will build more cool vehicles."

 

https://forum.il2sturmovik.ru/topic/13173-вопросы-к-джейсону-об-ил-2-штурмовик-великие-сражения/?do=findComment&comment=759861

Link to post
Share on other sites
94th_Vernon

Encountered some invulnerable mg nests.  Drove right up to them and lit them up with mg's with no effect.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...