Sign in to follow this  
desolunatic

3DMigoto and Multiplayer

Couldn't find much on topic of using 3DMigoto in multiplayer and I am curious what's the general community's consensus on it. Is it alright to use or is it frowned upon, or is it seen as cheating and bannable? The zoom function looks really handy so I wanted to check before I get myself in trouble 😁

10 hours ago, desolunatic said:

Couldn't find much on topic of using 3DMigoto in multiplayer and I am curious what's the general community's consensus on it. Is it alright to use or is it frowned upon, or is it seen as cheating and bannable? The zoom function looks really handy so I wanted to check before I get myself in trouble 😁

Competitive multiplayer is basically impossible without the mod in VR. It's just evening the playground.

• Upvote 2

It evens the playground. I'd have quit IL-2 without it, as well as probably some guys in SCG that refuse to fly without it after patches, when it needs updating. It's that essential for VR MP. 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, desolunatic said:

It levels the playing field. You can zoom in and out in the normal (non vr) version very easily. Using trackir is still the best way to play for score as the monitor is much more defined/detailed than any vr headset I've seen. There is hope some of the newer vr headsets level this difference. I have both trackir and a Samsung Odyssey+ and prefer the vr as its much more immersive,

but my wing mates always see the opponent before me.

bob

Edited by JG51_jokkr
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for the replies, now I just need to set the mod properlly as it doesn't seem to like lenovo explorer but maybe I will find a solution in the mod's thread.

You'll probably need a third party app like joy to key for mapping the commands to your stick, directly binding won't work.  Without it guys in VR are as much a danger to their own side, it's like giving glasses to a pilot with a bad case of walleye vision.  You can't fight zoomed, but making the ID works reasonable, so your not gaining any edge.