Sign in to follow this  
AusMedic

Struggle town

I have the Thrustmaster T160000M joystick with separate throttle and rudder pedals. I struggle with keeping my planes from constantly going into spins. Sometimes I can correct the spin by nose down opposite rudder etc but am I doing something wrong in flight or is it my sensitivity settings? Tried using vjoy and T.A.R.G.E.T to control the sensitivity but my lack of knowledge on these just frustrated me so I quit trying to use them. Any assistance would be very appreciated. 

Record a short track with some aerobatics or combat attempts of yours and post it here so we can have a look, otherwise it's difficult to say what might be wrong.

To be honest, however, I suspect a spicy mix of hamfisted control inputs with too sensitive axis settings might be the culprit. The former can be dealt with by practice, the latter by adjusting axis settings somewhat. True, the default sliders in the control options don't really offer much to tinker with, but adding some curvature to axis response (instead of strictly linear output) should help already, no need to use T.A.R.G.E.T. or any similar black magic voodoo creation. Keep in mind though, curvature flattens response near center, but sharpens it at both ends, which will make the plane even more snappy when pulling the stick all the way.

Probably you are moving joystick too fast. Try to do slow and gentle moves. Dont push it all the way in 0,1s. Just little moves.

wooowwww!!!!!!!
nobody said it was going to be easy

giphy.gif

😪

11 hours ago, AusMedic said:

I have the Thrustmaster T160000M joystick with separate throttle and rudder pedals. I struggle with keeping my planes from constantly going into spins. Sometimes I can correct the spin by nose down opposite rudder etc but am I doing something wrong in flight or is it my sensitivity settings? Tried using vjoy and T.A.R.G.E.T to control the sensitivity but my lack of knowledge on these just frustrated me so I quit trying to use them. Any assistance would be very appreciated. 

What aircraft are you flying?  The Hurricane is an easy and forgiving aircraft to start off in.

What are your settings?  List them here and we'll be able to see if there are any choices which might not be best for a beginner.

Check the configuration of your joystick on Microsoft... make sure it is not inaccurately set up.

I would recommend using the default sensitivity settings for your joystick to start... don't try to get too complex.  All these aircraft should be easily controllable with normal settings.  It is only when you are in a really tight turn at maximum power, or at low very low speeds during takeoff or landing that you should encounter spin problems.