Sign in to follow this  
LeLv8_Rono

IL2 BOS last update, game not answer(STEAM version)

Posted (edited)

My game not start anymore?? Am I onlyone here with this problem? I have BOS,BOM,BOK and early access Bodenplatte. I seen that game update normaly few times in summertime, but i have not time test . Now I try fly, but game not answer anymore??? I have Verify integrity of game files in steam...something load again...but not help start game?

Edited by LeLv8_Rono

4 hours ago, LeLv8_Rono said:

My game not start anymore?? Am I onlyone here with this problem? I have BOS,BOM,BOK and early access Bodenplatte. I seen that game update normaly few times in summertime, but i have not time test . Now I try fly, but game not answer anymore??? I have Verify integrity of game files in steam...something load again...but not help start game?

Have you purchased only through Steam or through the store? The last patch had a lot of update problems but not on the Steam side of things.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, RedKestrel said:

Have you purchased only through Steam or through the store? The last patch had a lot of update problems but not on the Steam side of things.

Steam and store also..but I linket them steam about 1 year ago: BOS and BOM steam and Kuban and Bodenplatte and several planes in store here. This is first time when someting go wrong. Usually steam uptate automatic and works fine.

Edited by LeLv8_Rono

5 minutes ago, LeLv8_Rono said:

Steam and store also..but I linket them steam about 1 year ago: BOS and BOM steam and Kuban and Bodenplatte and several planes in store here. This is first time when someting go wrong. Usually steam uptate automatic and works fine.

So the game cannot update, or the game won't launch after the update?

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, RedKestrel said:

So the game cannot update, or the game won't launch after the update?

I can t say, can steam update...end of july something update BOS when I open steam and play nother game. Now when I launch BOS..steam says game running, but nothing happent. When I look "task managment" I see IL2 "no answer" So its mean game not start😌 And sorry my english...I have finnish win ,so I give that "task managment" in my hat😁 Steam says "game ready to play" when I open steam game liberyary

Edited by LeLv8_Rono

perhaps sign out of your steam account and then restart computer. once restart complete, sign into steam. just a thought. i have experienced problems with some games in steam and this fixed.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, ACG_Saint said:

perhaps sign out of your steam account and then restart computer. once restart complete, sign into steam. just a thought. i have experienced problems with some games in steam and this fixed.

I have done that many times in 24h because I allway log out steam when I end gaming...? And I have restart computer many times last 24h. Other games work fine

Edited by LeLv8_Rono

24 minutes ago, LeLv8_Rono said:

I can t say, can steam update...end of july something update BOS when I open steam and play nother game. Now when I launch BOS..steam says game running, but nothing happent. When I look "task managment" I see IL2 "no answer" So its mean game not start😌 And sorry my english...I have finnish win ,so I give that "task managment" in my hat😁 Steam says "game ready to play" when I open steam game liberyary

There have been two recent updates, one at the end of July and then a hotfix soon after. It could be that your game didn't apply the most recent hotfix or something.

If you haven't already, contact support with your issue, both Steam and Il2. I would also read through post in the most recent Game update thread here with your issues with this update. I don't think anyone else had issues if they were going through Steam but there might be someone there who has fixed the issues. Here's the link:

Don't worry about your English, you're doing your best. I can't speak even a bit of Finnish so you're doing better than me already!

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, RedKestrel said:

There have been two recent updates, one at the end of July and then a hotfix soon after. It could be that your game didn't apply the most recent hotfix or something.

If you haven't already, contact support with your issue, both Steam and Il2. I would also read through post in the most recent Game update thread here with your issues with this update. I don't think anyone else had issues if they were going through Steam but there might be someone there who has fixed the issues. Here's the link:

Don't worry about your English, you're doing your best. I can't speak even a bit of Finnish so you're doing better than me already!

👍 I read that thread..no help for me...

Edited by LeLv8_Rono

I  unistall game, install again in steam....same problem, no help? Very intresting????

4 hours ago, LeLv8_Rono said:

Hi,

as you already mentioned, you linked both accounts around 1 year ago and I suppose you didn't have any issues then. So, I also purchased BOS in a book store (DVD) and had

to register this under Steam. All other modules and collector planes were purchased from the web store. I never had any issues before and after linking both accounts.

Now, back to your problem. May I suggest you to do the following:

Download the game from the web here and install the whole bunch (like a second installation), but make sure to:

- Link to download: https://il2sturmovik.com/download/

- Install the game in a own folder and not in the default folder structure, f.ex. "C:\Games\..."

- Use the same login as you do when you purchase something from the web store (very important!)

- Don't run the game from the launcher. Create instead a shortcut to desktop of the game executable "IL-2.exe",
  which you will find in your game subfolder "\bin\game"

I have two installations on my computer, one via Steam and one individual as described above - both work fine.

Try this and if you have any questions, don't hesitate an PM me, I'll help you for sure.

Cheers

P.S.: The only advantage Steam has, is updating is automatic and faster than anything else. That's all.

32 minutes ago, -=-THERION said:

Hi,

as you already mentioned, you linked both accounts around 1 year ago and I suppose you didn't have any issues then. So, I also purchased BOS in a book store (DVD) and had

to register this under Steam. All other modules and collector planes were purchased from the web store. I never had any issues before and after linking both accounts.

Now, back to your problem. May I suggest you to do the following:

Download the game from the web here and install the whole bunch (like a second installation), but make sure to:

- Link to download: https://il2sturmovik.com/download/

- Install the game in a own folder and not in the default folder structure, f.ex. "C:\Games\..."

- Use the same login as you do when you purchase something from the web store (very important!)

- Don't run the game from the launcher. Create instead a shortcut to desktop of the game executable "IL-2.exe",
  which you will find in your game subfolder "\bin\game"

I have two installations on my computer, one via Steam and one individual as described above - both work fine.

Try this and if you have any questions, don't hesitate an PM me, I'll help you for sure.

Cheers

P.S.: The only advantage Steam has, is updating is automatic and faster than anything else. That's all.

I have BOS in DVD...but I buy BOM from steam. Kuban and early accses Bodenplatte were purchased from the web store and some collectors planes. I look and activation seems to been fine there. I remember that I must lock in steam when I try  install DVD (BOS) If I remember right... I buy that DVD when that game come in shops.But I have chance PC and thats why I install BOS from steam in new PC about january 2019 cos its in my steam liberyary and I can install that there. Everything works fine untill last uptates.But I try that ...