Jodet

Help with CH Products Pro Throttle setup?

I just (today) setup my flight sim system/room.    My Pro Throttle should be going from '0' to '100' when I move it from all the way back to all the way forward. 

But it's only going from like '16%' to '96%'.   I've tried calibrating it in the CH Product control manager but that didn't help.

Any suggestions?    I think the CH Hanger is long gone so I don't really know where to go to get CH hardware advice any more.

All comments welcome.  

As long as you calibrate in Control Manager it should do the trick...

You will never get 0-100 within the device.. but it should set the parameters for 0-100

Recalibrate and then try in game.. I bet you get full throttle 0-100

I've recalibrated half a dozen times and it's pretty random.   What I'm getting in game is maybe 6% to 95%.   But it changes. 

Are you having spikes? Does the throttle use a potentiometer? It might be rusty and you need to clean it from oxides, etc. You might also look at this post, it was an easy fix.

6 hours ago, Jodet said:

I've recalibrated half a dozen times and it's pretty random.   What I'm getting in game is maybe 6% to 95%.   But it changes. 

I have this issue with my (new’ish) X52 Pro throttle. It was probably the same in Rise of Flight, though I never noticed it there as there is no precise technochat. It’s all cheap plastic crap.

It might be better with a Warthog throttle, though the fix for us is easy enough: add small deadzones of ~10% to the top and bottom of the axis in IL-2’s key mapping. I can’t take screenshots as I’m not home at the moment, but it’s not difficult to figure out. The net result will be that you reach 0 and 100% slightly sooner, but at least you actually get there, which is all that matters with these old birds.

Fwiw i noticed i wasn't getting 100% throttle in FC a couple of updates ago also, but RoF was fine. Squad mate had same issue.

We both just added deadzones in FC and it's been fine since. Throttle has so much travel that you're not losing anything.

Posted (edited)

I have the CH pro throttle. When you calibrate using the CH software, you are not supposed to go 0-100%, leave a bit of loose at both ends, that should solve the issue. The issue is discussed in the documentation. When I calibrate, I only use say roughly 10-90% of the physical travel and the throttle works perfectly in game. 

Edited by Sgt_Joch
  • Upvote 1

On 8/14/2019 at 3:07 PM, Sgt_Joch said:

I have the CH pro throttle. When you calibrate using the CH software, you are not supposed to go 0-100%, leave a bit of loose at both ends, that should solve the issue. The issue is discussed in the documentation. When I calibrate, I only use say roughly 10-90% of the physical travel and the throttle works perfectly in game. 

What he said. 

fubar

An ex CH owner

Finally got back to working on this.   I tried all sorts of adjustments in the CH software - nothing changed anything. 

In the game I went into Setting, Key Mapping, then Engines Throttle Control and edited the 'input response'. 

I set the 'Dead Zone Low' and 'Dead Zone High' both to 36%.  

I can now run my throttle from 100% to 0%.   Yeah!  

11 hours ago, Jodet said:

Finally got back to working on this.   I tried all sorts of adjustments in the CH software - nothing changed anything. 

In the game I went into Setting, Key Mapping, then Engines Throttle Control and edited the 'input response'. 

I set the 'Dead Zone Low' and 'Dead Zone High' both to 36%.  

I can now run my throttle from 100% to 0%.   Yeah!  

Won't help you much with the Alb DVa though