Sign in to follow this  
[TWB]Sketch

It's the Little Things - Flying Red in TAW

Posted (edited)

Behind enemy lines, @[TWB]Reagan's plane gets hit by a 37mm flak cannon while being chased by a 109f2. With no elevator left, Reagan uses his rudder to flip his plane up and down to deflect the 109's shooting. I dive like hell in an attempt to save Reagan, burning all my 'E' and the Mig's advantages. However, I managed, with the help of @[_FLAPS_]Dirt_Merchant's Pe2, to get on the six of the offending 109... Just in time for another 109E7 to take advantage of my mistakes. Here's the engagement:

Edited by [TWB]Sketch
  • Like 1

Quick stuff Sketcher!! I do like the way you can post vids of your downfalls as well as the other side of the coin, unlike some others!!

• Upvote 1

Now when they ask me, "Where were you when Reagan was shot?" I finally have an answer...Hauling ass back to the airfield in a Pe-2, lost as hell.

Still went better than my lone fighter engagement of the night. Pro tip: life is easier (and longer) when a) you know where you are so you can call for help, b) you don't wander over the enemy airfield and c)you don't try and dogfight 2 109s and a Macchi alone in an I-16.

Small mercy...I had only a short time to ponder the life choices that led to that moment.  I actually regret not recording that one because it was hilariously chaotic but I had forgotten to turn it on that night.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Raptorattacker said:

Quick stuff Sketcher!! I do like the way you can post vids of your downfalls as well as the other side of the coin, unlike some others!!

Thanks! While it sucks, losing is part of the game and is one of the reasons I get so pumped in TAW. 😄

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Nice video Sketch. You have the rest of the engagement? Wondering if you got that Flak 37 hit on camera.

Edited by [TWB]Reagan-LW