J5_Baeumer

Black September IV - Flying Circus

Black Septermber IV - Flying Circus  

110 members have voted

1. 1. How do you prefer to fly this introductory campaign?

• Central and Entente Teams that DO NOT SWITCH each week.
    • Red and Blue Teams that DO SWITCH sides each week.
    • Pilots (not teams) MAY SWITCH sides on a first come, first served space available basis at the start of each weeks mission. Would help even sides if attendance is unpredictable.
  2. 2. Which side would you prefer to fly? (select all that apply)

• Both (I may wish to fly different sides different weeks sometimes)
    • Either side (put me where you need me if there are teams/sides)
    • German Preferred
    • German Only (don't select other options)
    • Entente Only (don't select other options)
    • Entente Preferred
  3. 3. Do you plan on flying Black September?

On 9/11/2019 at 5:43 AM, BaronVonMyakin said:

Entente bombers have no chance make the second pass to bomb the target if the AA guns stay alive. Besides that, any mistake of target's aproach or another troubles to come and destroy factory from the one pass mean "Take a 20 minutes pause, pilot!" thanks to AAA.

I need to say seeing what happened above factories and airfields, the factories are protected much better as the airfields 😂

The factories and bridges have normal machine gunners which offer no protection against high speed diving or level bombing attacks  All but the most forward airfields are rocking a full battery of veteran or elite high caliber flak artillery.  Also, remember that you can scare MG crews away from the guns with just a couple of bullets on target - you don't have to eliminate the guns to very effectively suppress their fire.

Yes, a single plane is more likely to get chewed up if it sticks around.  A flight working together should be a very different proposition.

Edited by J5_Matthias
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

S!

Excellent mission. Position of area looked rather unusual. Navigation turned out to be easier than expected. People managed to meet up and have some good fights.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Excellent job from J5/organisers. S!

Addition of clouds, plus that low sun really helped immersion. The ability to use clouds to break contact, and try get up-sun of EAs was a very cool change from RoF

Ground textures viewed from higher up were a bit meh, perhaps that's just Stalingrad map.

Target locations at times were seemed distant but still reasonable. Recons took over an hour there and back, but a lot of that time was going back and forth over the target. Not sure how many passes it should take but possibly there's a more optimal way to do it.

Frame rates looked good for me all night even in fights with 10+ aircraft. 

Edited by US103_Baer
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Great mission and nice visual environment set to make  ground objects and elevation more visible -  autumn map with winter template. I enjoyed Stalingrad far more than cramped Lapino. 

• Like 1

disgusting server. he cannot pull even 50 players! I am sure that the time delay schedule I was sure of was:

image.png.b8620b47147600c23eb3707eb8794338.png

this is unacceptable. urgently needed to redo the mission. specifically, to leave the minimum necessary entities in the game, reduce the number of icons and not use smokes and bonfires. and further. one friend of mine wrote: "If the sum of the fields and respawn points of tanks in a heavy mission is more than ten - this
can be considered a "shot in the foot" to your server. "He has been programming in IL-2 for a very long time. I wish my post to be read. Maybe in a few years, when we all have quantum computers, we can really enjoy the game of IL -2, but for now, let's have a little. rgr

29 minutes ago, I./SG2_Foxmann said:

disgusting server. he cannot pull even 50 players! I am sure that the time delay schedule I was sure of was:

this is unacceptable. urgently needed to redo the mission. specifically, to leave the minimum necessary entities in the game, reduce the number of icons and not use smokes and bonfires. and further. one friend of mine wrote: "If the sum of the fields and respawn points of tanks in a heavy mission is more than ten - this
can be considered a "shot in the foot" to your server. "He has been programming in IL-2 for a very long time. I wish my post to be read. Maybe in a few years, when we all have quantum computers, we can really enjoy the game of IL -2, but for now, let's have a little. rgr

?

All those assets in bigger or equal quantity are used in TAW server (84 players) without problems  .... especialy statement about smokes and bonfires is not that significant performance waise to the server side.

Edited by 1PL-Husar-1Esk

1 minute ago, 1PL-Husar-1Esk said:

?

All those assets in bigger or equal quantity are used in TAW server (84 players) without problems  ....

dear pan, and how often have you seen taW bots?

S! Foxmann,

Your posts are being read....our mission builder has been made aware of your earlier posts and suggestions and they have been discussed.....please feel free to private message Matthias through this forum and point him to any data or thread discussions supporting your suggestions....I know he is interested in any kind of way we are able to make servers run more efficiently.    He has been doing this for several years with many complicated missions but we all know there are things we don't know.   I know he will appreciate any data or additional information you are able to provide.

PS thank you to those who expressed their appreciation and enjoyment of yesterday's mission.  

• Upvote 5

I absolutely had a BLAST yesterday! Thank you, thank you, thank you J5 for creating/hosting this! 😄 

I was able to livestream the session in its entirety; for those who are interested, you can find it here: 

I certainly had a great time. Yeah, those "Outdated hits" announcements on chat were a bit annoying but I personally saw no issues. Since this is a North American server, could it be that the Europe / Russia players are finally seeing what we in North America have been seeing for years regarding European / Russian based servers? Just asking... certainly not my area of expertise.

Thanks again J5!

J5, if you need to balance sides next week I am more than willing to fly Entente (even though I voted German only in the poll) and I think there are more JG1s willing to do so.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, II./JG1_Vonrd said:

J5, if you need to balance sides next week I am more than willing to fly Entente (even though I voted German only in the poll) and I think there are more JG1s willing to do so.

Indeed! I'll be gone during Week 3, but I would be more than willing to switch during Week 4 if needed!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, I./SG2_Foxmann said:

This makes me feel so nostalgic about BA 2018 (the one where we had to uninstall mods and set no fly zones :) ). Good times (because they are behind us already 😄 ).

On 9/12/2019 at 1:05 AM, SeaSerpent said:

Ok, I'll give this a shot.  Sign me up, Entente side.  And Jasta 5, I don't shine shoes anymore.🤣

Did you misplace your shine box ?

• Like 1

On 9/14/2019 at 4:53 PM, J5_Matthias said:

All but the most forward airfields are rocking a full battery of veteran or elite high caliber flak artillery. 

I have meant it so because there were always fights above the airfields last two missions. My comrades and I didn't see that any planes was shot down by flaks. Moreover we haven't even seen that AAA were shooting at that moments. 

Talking more detailed, that was above Yantar (Lapino) and Spartanovka (Stalingrad).

Just take it not as complaint, Matthias. Maybe there are some bugs with flaks' behaviour.

22 hours ago, J5_Baeumer said:

S! Foxmann,

Your posts are being read....our mission builder has been made aware of your earlier posts and suggestions and they have been discussed.....please feel free to private message Matthias through this forum and point him to any data or thread discussions supporting your suggestions....I know he is interested in any kind of way we are able to make servers run more efficiently.    He has been doing this for several years with many complicated missions but we all know there are things we don't know.   I know he will appreciate any data or additional information you are able to provide.

PS thank you to those who expressed their appreciation and enjoyment of yesterday's mission.  

Excellent Baeumer.  Keep the thread free of Russian technical chit chat

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, J5_Klugermann said:

I like the Russian technical chit chat.  Need more thank you.

50 minutes ago, JG1_Butzzell said:

I like the Russian technical chit chat.  Need more thank you.

технический чат

(...you're welcome)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 8/13/2019 at 4:28 AM, J5_Baeumer said:

Central squeaks a wins in Week 2, 158 - 161 in a hotly contested and well flown mission.

http://www.jasta5.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=118&p=44278&sid=672bebf2912d2346c408fb2547db853f#p44278

image.png.447002b35594c38f029d2da0aa623676.png

Damn. One more Photo Recon task would have seen Entente victorious. And we carried out one more but was not counted as yours truly cocked up his landing. The shame.

26 minutes ago, Oliver88 said:

Damn. One more Photo Recon task would have seen Entente victorious. And we carried out one more but was not counted as yours truly cocked up his landing. The shame.

Image result for seppuku gif

• Haha 4

Big thx to all who evened up the teams and created the tight finish!

Chin up Oliver, happens to us all, if is a very big word 😁

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, J5_Klugermann said:

РЕПЕAT ПЛEACE !

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Baron vM and 71st.....what was stated was that there is not very strong AA over the FORWARD field on both sides.... it's essentially flak that alerts to enemy aircraft but not much more.  So your observations were correct.

The forward fields need to be defended which makes them a good place for pilots and turn n burners who want a lot of action or pilots who show up who aren't really plugged in to command structures and integrated strategic objectives.

Edited by J5_Baeumer
  • Thanks 2